1/12/08 Trip Report

EY3BA11

If you are Rid'n a cr500, as always you can do anything you want!!!! LOL

chase'n quads up banshee hill in a clapped out jeep with parts fly'n off

is like going over to the high school and play'n basket ball, gett'n whoop'd

then going over to the grade school so you can be the tallest kid there

yep, they flew in some special sand there that can only support

a thousand pounds. anymore and it crush's the grains.

the sand accually came from a deserted beach, next time

you are out there taste it, it's salty

:shoot: :laughoff:

chase'n quads up banshee hill in a clapped out jeep with parts fly'n off

is like going over to the high school and play'n basket ball, gett'n whoop'd

then going over to the grade school so you can be the tallest kid there

:laughoff::laughoff: now that is comedy in its purest form!! :shoot: :mc_smiley:

Mybe this is the wrong place for a rant, but here goes anyway; :shoot:

:laughoff: Coming from a newbie's perspective; I was at Banshee a month back, and that hill was loaded with "sand rails" doing wheel stands and jumps. Some with spotters, most without. I didnt see any signs nor do I see anything on the rules about vehicles other than quads running that hill. I understand that it may be a DDR or a local knowledge thing but on busy weekends I've never seen a Ranger hit anyone with a ticket in a rail or jeep for climbing that hill. :laughoff: I have quads and many times have been passed by rails and \ or jeeps on this hill.

I dont disagree that seperate areas when possible makes the mix of quads, bikes and rails safer. I dont disagree with letting somebody on this site know how we believe Dumont should be or what the local customs are or how we think they should behave to ensure that safety for our families and each other is promoted.

I think this group promotes safety i.e. the reason why I joined this group. I believe from what I've read from most of the postings it's the number one issue here along with keeping the area clean and the tree-huggers happy. But some will agree with me that we seem to be the minority on major weekends.

This group has addressed many issues with the BLM, maybe a motion to draft some rules or signs that would spell out that hills such as Banshee should be used by specific vehicles....dont know if thats the answer either, but berating each other sucks big time....especially if it's not a known, documented rule. As for common sense, its a fact of life - some have it, some dont, we see it everyday no suprises there.

The more experienced Sand Junkie's here need to keep us that are new to the sport and/or Dumont on the proper trail, so that we can also promote the overall beliefs of this group, but not with the attitude of "lack of knowledge or admitting to a stupid event" equals the lack of common respect.

If we dont appreciate the actions or statements and we've tried to explain why we dont, then we can kick the person off this site....but we should at least explain why those actions are seen by those of us who disagee with them. For the most part, I think many of the people here do just that, but sometimes our replies are more than over the top, pushing out those who didnt know into a group that does not care about safety or our concerns and promotes behavior like gas bombs near our kids, drunk hill climbs at night, and racing through our camps at 3am with their lights off, or worse running up comp in a wheel stand and taking out one of our fellow Sand Junkies on a quad with serious results....

Off the soap box, my two cents - thanks :mc_smiley:

we had a great time..the weather was awesome and wind wasnt bad at all. sun was bright and warm at times. i went with my girlfriend and my 3 dogs. We stayed way passed bath #8 towards the left side..we were the only ones towards that end. i rode towards the main road and saw some DDR THs but no one around. i was going to stop by and say hi. It sucked riding by myself..i shouldve gotten in on your group rides.

On our way back from the PaulyPaul ride one of the guys in the group managed to strip and aluminum rear sprocket.. After running around like chickens with our head cut off looking for a vendor or someone with a sprocket we decided to try and grind the teeth down with a dremel.. That didnt work so out came the reamer bit that didnt work.. Out came regular drill bits that worked a little then someone in camp walked up and just casually asked.. Hey tony will that spare wheel off your bike fit thats sitting next to your hauler.. we all just did one of these :stirthepot:

I spun the front sprocket on my LT250r on Saturday. The grinder trick worked! I ground new teeth into it and kept riding. Unfortunately, on Sunday my rings stuck and I seized the piston. It's already tore apart and ready for the machine shop.

I spun the front sprocket on my LT250r on Saturday. The grinder trick worked! I ground new teeth into it and kept riding. Unfortunately, on Sunday my rings stuck and I seized the piston. It's already tore apart and ready for the machine shop.

Thats a great way to destroy a chain.