Big thanks for all who helped me this weekend

jackpunx

Hi all,

Im bad with names but I know a bunch of people from the boards helped this weekend with the unfortunate event (broken micro stub) in the middle of the dunes.. I would have never made it out of there if it was not for your help :)

I know I always stoped to help people in the dirt,water, street or whatever... It came back to me in spades this trip and the DDR people came out in force.

After taking the car appart and looking at the other side it seems that both sides will be changed to insure that not happening anytime soon again.. there is some stress/overspray on the other side from some previous injuries.

but outside of that.. Im extreeeeeemly happy with car, we had a blast while it lasted and it was good to meet you guys in person.

I look forward to getting the car back together and hooking up with all of you again.

thanks VERY much

Mark :laughing:

post-3755-1200267899_thumb.jpg

That's cool you had fun with the new car, Mark. Sucks it broke though. :( Hopefully you get it all handled soon and we can hook up for some runs in the near future. :D

Any pics of your maiden voyage w/ it???

I have one on my phone.. I'll upload it.. a bunch of people were taking pics of the car while we were dragging it out.. Im sure some of those will show up here too.

I was heartbroken when it happend, it gave no signs .. just went.. Luckly I had just come out of a dune, going straight when it happend.. It could have ended bad if it was in another situation.

but up until that moment.. I was beside myself with the car and how solid it was.

post-45-1200274902_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200274930_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200274968_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200275024_thumb.jpg

here are a few. we passed them on the way back from riding. jj went back out with the other guys to bring a ratchet strap and i gave chris the camera to go and take some pics.

Edited by superdave

Congrats !!!!!!!!!! That looks like a super fun car. And you got a smokin deal !!!!! :headbang1:

Thank You!

I am very happy with the car and was having the time of my life until the wheel poped off.. But it is what it is.

Hopfully I'll get it fixed soon and come play with you guys.

I just need to sell my other rail and I'll be good.. otherwise my wife is not going to be happy about any other money going out :driver:

Thank You!

I am very happy with the car and was having the time of my life until the wheel poped off.. But it is what it is.

Hopfully I'll get it fixed soon and come play with you guys.

I just need to sell my other rail and I'll be good.. otherwise my wife is not going to be happy about any other money going out :headbang1:

how was the fuel injection? did you notice much differance from your other car{carb}

Hi all,

Im bad with names but I know a bunch of people from the boards helped this weekend with the unfortunate event (broken micro stub) in the middle of the dunes.. I would have never made it out of there if it was not for your help :)

I know I always stoped to help people in the dirt,water, street or whatever... It came back to me in spades this trip and the DDR people came out in force.

After taking the car appart and looking at the other side it seems that both sides will be changed to insure that not happening anytime soon again.. there is some stress/overspray on the other side from some previous injuries.

but outside of that.. Im extreeeeeemly happy with car, we had a blast while it lasted and it was good to meet you guys in person.

I look forward to getting the car back together and hooking up with all of you again.

thanks VERY much

Mark :beercheers:

Hey Mark, it was good meeting you out there. I'm glad we could help out. I know it sucks buying something and finding the week spot the first day out. But get that beast fixed and bring it out so we can dune. Hopefully I will get my rail back out soon and we can go on a good ride. That Bronco that pulled you out was bad a$$! Wish I had taken a pic of that monster.

Jackpunx

sorry ...it sucs when things like that happen :drunk:

we passed you when you was stranded but it looked like you had already plenty of help so we moved on (didnt want to rubberneck...)

i hope the damage is not too bad and your up and ripping soon again :beercheers:

I got the parts in and its not as bad as I thought.. Derren over at prowlers says he'll have me up and running for about 600.

He said it has been cracked for a while because of the rust where it broke.. he said that the parts we put back in wont break.. it seems those were VW bus stubs or modified VW stubs.. not sure.. They lasted 4 years .. It looks like the other one gave also.. we are going to change them both and move on.. Ive been working a bunch... I should be able to get the funds together soon..

but if you know anyone who wants a good Beam car.. I got one for sale over in the classifieds.. getting rid of that would put me on easy street..

I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again for all the help.. I was not suprised, the comunities of people in motor sports never leave a fallen man behind.. thats why I love it so much and try to raise my kids with those values.

King.

Im not sure I could tell you the difference between the injection and carb.. the whole car, suspension, power.. everything was so different.. and very responsive.. I drove a car with your motor in it (in the dirt) with the carb on it.. and it felt very simular to this one..

Just livin large man you know how it goes.

Who the hell am I kidding :shoot:

Just been working with a few desert trips thrown in. I got back into racing my bike so I have'nt been to the dunes much. How the hell have you been?

By the way dont let this jackpunx clown into your inner circle it just might implode :laughoff:

Hi all,

thanks VERY much

Mark :laughoff:

i was the guy on the bombardier barking all the orders(sorry for trying to take over). i was afraid we would lose the guy with the bronco so thought we needed to hurry up. he was a real trooper for hanging in there for an hour with several different people throwing opinions on how it should be done. my mantra is to always help more people than help me. karma. once that bronc got moving there was no stoppin it!

post-45-1200274902_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200274930_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200274968_thumb.jpg

post-45-1200275024_thumb.jpg

here are a few. we passed them on the way back from riding. jj went back out with the other guys to bring a ratchet strap and i gave chris the camera to go and take some pics.

didja ever figure out why the 700 kowy wouldnt start, dave. was a definate bummer as i was lookin forward to duning with yuh...........maybe next time. we usually park in the same place.

Who the hell am I kidding :laughing:

Just been working with a few desert trips thrown in. I got back into racing my bike so I have'nt been to the dunes much. How the hell have you been?

By the way dont let this jackpunx clown into your inner circle it just might implode :laughoff:

:laughoff: It's good to hear from ya. I almost thought you vanished for a bit there. I had to go back and read some of your old posts to make sure you were the same Hustler that we met up with a while back at Dumont. Then I realized that was MLK 06 :mc_smiley: when we met up that time. Wow does time fly. Everything's been cool w/ me. :D Trying to do as many dune trips as I can afford before the season ends. Last I remember your wife was preggo and you had a little one on the way. Glad all is well. We'll catch you out there again one of these days maybe sooon. :shoot:

Who the hell am I kidding :barf:

By the way dont let this jackpunx clown into your inner circle it just might implode :dunno:

Dont hate... I'll have you back in the sand soon.. and dont worry.. I'll be racing with your old a$$ this year too :D

I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again for all the help.. I was not suprised, the comunities of people in motor sports never leave a fallen man behind.. thats why I love it so much and try to raise my kids with those values.

Amen. :dunno:

Mark glad to see everything worked out for you. Sorry I did not get back to you but we had a little trouble ourselves. My buddy with the rubicon got in a place where he shouldn't have and almost rolled his pride and joy. Once again sorry I did not come back. Looking forward to duning with you soon.

PRESTON :dunno:

Mark glad to see everything worked out for you. Sorry I did not get back to you but we had a little trouble ourselves. My buddy with the rubicon got in a place where he shouldn't have and almost rolled his pride and joy. Once again sorry I did not come back. Looking forward to duning with you soon.

PRESTON :barf:

Preston,

A round of applause for the man that took me for the ride that broke the camels back..LOL.. After meeting you and taking that ride, I had made my decision and it couldnt wait any longer..LOL

Just so you guys know..

I saw his car (Green Monster)and wanderd over to his camp to talk to him about it.. He was open with as much information as he could give about safe duning, well built cars and just really cool in general. Then we talked him out of a ride :dunno:.

Met him at the bottom of comp hill and got in.. up the hill.. up came the front wheels (hill was empty so it was safe) headed accross the hill (in a wheelie) then grabbed 4th and came down.. I thought.. Aww.. That was luck.. LOL... we did it again.. I couldnt get that sh*t eating grin off my face for days.. when I got home my wife thought I bumped my head...

Then I saw Preston again when the wheel came off my new car.. he stoped and helped us scout a way out of the dunes.

Him and his wife are a very stand up couple and are what really attracted me to the sand.

My experience so far from the people Ive met in the couple of times Ive been to the sand (im a dirt/boat guy) has burned a positive experience in my mind.. I cant wait for the opportunity to pay it fowrard.

Thanks again to everyone Ive met.. We are almost back together and will hopefully be out again soon.

Mark

didja ever figure out why the 700 kowy wouldnt start, dave. was a definate bummer as i was lookin forward to duning with yuh...........maybe next time. we usually park in the same place.

was thinkin about it on the way home. when i filled the gas tank the gas can was leaking and it was going over the end of the left exhaust pipe. didnt think much of it then but maybe the gas went in the pipe and into the motor. the bike ran great all day until i filled it up that last time. that really sucked because i was looking forward to that last ride. again thanks for the ride. chris got some good video i will try to send you. the squirt sure enjoyed it. each time chris put the camera on her she had a big smile on her face. :D no fear. she will be a handfull when she gets her own quad someday. wont be to long from now.