MLK weekend report

dunefreak

Got in a few hours ago. It was a very fun weekend and was lucky to spend it with some good friends.

The dunes were a tad choppy in some parts, but overall were a blast to ride. I didn't get any super fast runs in like normal, but I was more than content with the dune cruises we did. :D

The weather was perfect! It wasn't too cold at night either.

We camped next to Randog, Painter Joe, Crazy Dave and all their crew. Good times as usual with those peeps. :lol:

Brice (sandseeker) and his group weren't too far down either. Great hanging out w/ those guys as well. :D

The meet & greet was fun. I was shocked how many people came out being a pretty quiet weekend. Nice meeting some new faces and putting them to some screen names. :flipoff:

It wasn't like a holiday at all out there. Nice and quiet and empty. :lol:

Sat night was one of the top 10 best times I have had in camp with everyone. That's what dune trips are all about. Grillin up food, some tunes, good people, laughes that made everyone's stomaches hurt, and just flat out FUN.

I am too sore and tired to go into any more details right now, but thanks for the good times to everyone I saw and got to hang out with over the weekend. :flipoff: Maybe some "observations" to come later. There were some funny ones this trip.

Here are a few pics...

(thanks for letting me use teh camera Nick. The pics came out great :D)

normal_S2010157~6.JPG

normal_DSCF1007.JPG

normal_DSCF1004.JPG

normal_DSCF1008.JPG

:dance:

normal_DSCF1010.JPG

normal_DSCF1002_(Large).JPG

painter joes awesome work...

normal_DSCF1056.JPG

normal_DSCF1055.JPG

normal_DSCF1059.JPG

normal_DSCF1063.JPG

normal_DSCF1064.JPG

normal_DSCF1066.JPG

normal_DSCF1067.JPG

normal_DSCF1068.JPG

normal_DSCF1075.JPG

normal_DSCF1077.JPG

normal_DSCF1072.JPG

normal_DSCF1084.JPG

normal_DSCF1089.JPG

normal_DSCF1100.JPG

normal_DSCF1115.JPG

normal_DSCF1116.JPG

normal_DSCF1128.JPG

normal_DSCF1131.JPG

normal_DSCF1122.JPG

normal_DSCF1126.JPG

normal_DSCF1139.JPG

normal_DSCF1145.JPG

normal_DSCF1146.JPG

normal_DSCF1147.JPG

normal_DSCF1171.JPG

:dance:

normal_DSCF1198.JPG

normal_DSCF1185.JPG

normal_DSCF1207.JPG

normal_DSCF1213.JPG

normal_DSCF1217.JPG

ranger station

normal_S2010162~5.JPG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see you were home Pete, you gotta work tomorrow?

Are you kidding me? They don't give us MLK day off at the dealership. :lol:

I only planned on Fri-Sun anyhow. :D

OGP and wsky70 are staying through tomorrow though. They're still out there.

Thank you for sharing pics, looks like you all had a good time.

Can't wait for Prez weekend. Hopefully it won't be crowded, :lol: I know to much to ask for, but hey New Years was quiet so we can all hope! :lol:

It was a very good weekend for me and my family. The weather was good, it was not too crowded at all, and I got to put a couple of more names to faces. JoeDuner, good meeting you bud, and PaulyPaul, good to meet you also!! :dance: Everything was going good until Sunday. In the morning I took my car out for one last little cruise, I got back and discovered that either the main seal in the motor is bad or the front seal on the tranny is bad....... :lol: Then as we were leaving Dumont, I got one Hwy 127 heading toward Baker and about 15 miles into it, my inner tire on the drivers side of my MH decides to blow. We nursed it to Baker, got it changed, and away we went. GoodSam rocks.... :lol: Then to top it all off, as I'm trying to dump my tanks after I got home, my Candy Pipe hose breaks. Luckily I hadn't pulled the valve yet.

Anyway, we made it home safe after about 8 hours so that is the bright side. I was really glad to NOT see the helicopter land at all!!! Pete, as usual I got NO pics. :flipoff: I'm glad everyone had a good weekend and look forward to the next one!

:dance: :flipoff:

Edited by HappyHour

Looks like you took some awesome pics bud.. Glad your weekend was a good one!! Ill swing by the house one night this week to pick up the camera and discuss the trip in a bit more detail!!

Did snake finally catch himself on fire??? :chug:

yep! :flipoff:

"dude, your riding pants! :slap: " :flipoff:

normal_DSCF1200.JPG

Check out this pic. :lol: :dance:

jack, propane, pixie stix (whick pauly & Anna were SNORTING by the way- ouch :lol: :dance: ), glass cleaner, Monster, and jager. :lol: They were all things that were on the counter at the same time that made for a rather interesting pic.

normal_DSCF1177.JPG

had a nice short day trip out sunday morning enough to get a sand fix :lol: . its a fast drive when you only have the truck and the quad. passed a few DDR people that i didnt know on the way home (tried not to kick up any rocks) :lol: . here are a few pics i took.

post-978-1200937063_thumb.jpg

post-978-1200937113_thumb.jpg

post-978-1200937325_thumb.jpg

post-978-1200937375_thumb.jpg

post-978-1200937595_thumb.jpg

OGP and I decided to head back yesterday after all, the wind just kept blowing.... Had a great time, got there early Friday, no wind, temp about 65, same with Sat. Great days and some good riding..... Always a good time, looking forward to next trip...SF Woody :lol:

080120002.jpg

080120003.jpg

080120024.jpg

080120033.jpg

080120037.jpg

080120038.jpg

080120042.jpg

080120043.jpg

080120047.jpg

080120048.jpg

080120052.jpg

080120054.jpg

080120055.jpg

080120060.jpg

080120065.jpg

080120067.jpg

080120070.jpg

Was a good trip even with the mishaps.

Here we go...............

Prez gets a lifetime achievment award for always hanging in there.

My truck can now pull potisi at 70mph with pedel still left but it will catch on fire(Thanks for saving it Pauly).

Pauly can't wear white shirts.

Vince can still blow nasty farts from Mexican food he ate 3 days earlier :slap::laughoff:

Terry forgot coffee even though he owns a coffee shop!!! :nah:

MLK looked like an off weekend :freakin_nuts:

Tiff's cooking was missed and everyone thought she sent us with food and I was hiding it!!! :flipoff:

Paul and I missed our better halves and are even more gross when they aren't there.

Randog "found" a very cool billet cap poker thingy

Pete is the ultimate "THUNDER STEALER"!!!!!! And Anna hates him for it!!!!!!

Cones, cones cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim finally caught on fire!!!!!! DERRRR

Jim is foxy sand snake!!!!!

Camp fire conversation was epic as usual!!!

Got some good, nice runs in!!!!

Farm equipment can dune with the right driver!!!

Joe duner won't be able to tie his shoes until next weekend because he duned the king quad all weekend!!!! :slap:

OGP has a mullit!!!!

Woody is back up paparazzi!!!

Good times like always!!!!

Was a good trip even with the mishaps.

Here we go...............

Prez gets a lifetime achievment award for always hanging in there.

My truck can now pull potisi at 70mph with pedel still left but it will catch on fire(Thanks for saving it Pauly).

Pauly can't wear white shirts.

Vince can still blow nasty farts from Mexican food he ate 3 days earlier :assblast::dope:

Terry forgot coffee even though he owns a coffee shop!!! :idiot:

MLK looked like an off weekend :slap:

Tiff's cooking was missed and everyone thought she sent us with food and I was hiding it!!! :nah:

Paul and I missed our better halves and are even more gross when they aren't there.

Randog "found" a very cool billet cap poker thingy

Pete is the ultimate "THUNDER STEALER"!!!!!! And Anna hates him for it!!!!!!

Cones, cones cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim finally caught on fire!!!!!! DERRRR

Jim is foxy sand snake!!!!!

Camp fire conversation was epic as usual!!!

Got some good, nice runs in!!!!

Farm equipment can dune with the right driver!!!

Joe duner won't be able to tie his shoes until next weekend because he duned the king quad all weekend!!!! :clap:

OGP has a mullit!!!!

Woody is back up paparazzi!!!

Good times like always!!!!

:laughoff: good ones

Now I'm gonna steal yo thunda and post mine :jester2: :flipoff::laughoff: ...

-when your toyhauler is plugged into your truck and your t/h batteries don't charge and it's acting like the main switch is off, check the main switch to see if it's ACTUALLY off. :banghead::coocoo::laughoff:

-"take off yo blind fold and open yo eyes!" :laughoff:

-Jim (foxy~sand~snake) didn't break his rail this trip. Oh yeah...he didn't bring it. :lol:

-I found out that some rhino rides CAN be fun. :idea:

-OGP has lots of gadgets and toys :slap:

-Painterjoe thinks pics of male Hillary's are hot :laughoff: j/k that was funny though

-pauly and foxysandchick have cone fetishes :lol: and are addcited to asking for directions even when they don't need them. "Hey can you tell me where bathroom #1 is???" :freakin_nuts: :lol:

-Anna hates her thunder stolen but is happy to pinpoint exactly what it is I do when I'm drunk. That was funny chit. :laughoff:

-Vince (bevo I think his ddr name is) has small chick feet and a mullet like OGP's. Good times.

-I lead some "scenic dune rides" in places where apparently wingnut has never been :dunno:

-woody doens't have a main switch on his hauler :think:

-crazy dave wanted to bring his rail because I was coming this trip but didn't :blink:

-Randog had a dog from his camp that pissed on all our stuff :lol: "get outta here dog....noooo not you Randog!" :lol:

-3 different funny quotes from the weekend: "Pauly, your missing a lugnut!", "We can getcha going in 30 minutes", and "It's just the tire."

-black jokes are even funnier when it's MLK weekend

-stupid squeeky red quad boy got a lil annoying at times but oh well :laughing:

-we can actually dune at a moderate pace at times. Who woulda thunk it!?

-late night cheese :afro: 's are better when you have CHEESE. Thanks Brice. I'm glad I was able bring you & Mary up to pace on what exactly they are.

-Joe Duner still wore shorts all weekend despite cold temps :laughing:

- :news: "THUNDA....THUNDA.....I'M THE THUNDA STEALA!!!!" :laughoff:

:slap: good ones

Now I'm gonna steal yo thunda and post mine :laughoff::flipoff::laughing: ...

-when your toyhauler is plugged into your truck and your t/h batteries don't charge and it's acting like the main switch is off, check the main switch to see if it's ACTUALLY off. :laughing::laughoff::banghead:

-Jim (foxy~sand~snake) didn't break his rail this trip. Oh yeah...he didn't bring it. :blink:

-I found out that some rhino rides CAN be fun. :idiot:

-OGP has lots of gadgets and toys :nah:

-Painterjoe thinks pics of male Hillary's are hot :laughoff: j/k that was funny though

-pauly and foxysandchick have cone fetishes :laughoff: and are addcited to asking for directions even when they don't need them. "Hey can you tell me where bathroom #1 is???" :freakin_nuts: :slap:

-Anna hates her thunder stolen but is happy to pinpoint exactly what it is I do when I'm drunk. That was funny chit. :laughoff:

-Vince (bevo I think his ddr name is) has small chick feet and a mullet like OGP's. Good times.

-I lead some "scenic dune rides" in places where apparently wingnut has never been :assblast:

-woody doens't have a main switch on his hauler :jester2:

-crazy dave wanted to bring his rail because I was coming this trip but didn't :coocoo:

-Randog had a dog from his camp that pissed on all our stuff :lol: "get outta here dog....noooo not you Randog!" :idea:

-3 different funny quotes from the weekend: "Pauly, your missing a lugnut!", "We can getcha going in 30 minutes", and "It's just the tire."

-stupid squeeky red quad boy got a lil annoying at times but oh well :lol:

-late night cheese :afro: 's are better when you have CHEESE. Thanks Brice. I'm glad I was able bring you & Mary up to pace on what exactly they are.

-Joe Duner still wore shorts all weekend despite cold temps :lol:

- :think: "THUNDA....THUNDA.....I'M THE THUNDA STEALA!!!!" :laughoff:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot about all those, glad you stole my thunder.............How many times you think we dropped the :afro: bomb??????????? OOF!!!!!! :dunno:

This was considered a holiday weekend wasnt it?? Higher price for this weekend if you purchased a weekly pass??

And the extra amounts for holiday weekends are for extra rangers and medical personel? The pic pete posted of the ranger camp looked pretty small and lonely???

I know you guys said that it was like an off weekend people wise, but shouldnt the rangers been out in full force??

Just curious?

This was considered a holiday weekend wasnt it?? Higher price for this weekend if you purchased a weekly pass??

And the extra amounts for holiday weekends are for extra rangers and medical personel? The pic pete posted of the ranger camp looked pretty small and lonely???

I know you guys said that it was like an off weekend people wise, but shouldnt the rangers been out in full force??

Just curious?

yes correct, but there wasn't anything to enforce. They were going off what previous MLK weekends have been like and charging holiday rates instead of Easter this year. This year has been slow though so it was hard for them to judge I guess.

Don't turn the trip report into a discussion about passes and rangers. :nah: Everyone knows we already have too many topics like that already! :slap: j/k

Now..... back to posting about stupid crap from the trip! :freakin_nuts: :flipoff:

yes correct, but there wasn't anything to enforce. They were going off what previous MLK weekends have been like and charging holiday rates instead of Easter this year. This year has been slow though so it was hard for them to judge I guess.

Don't turn the trip report into a discussion about passes and rangers. :nah: Everyone knows we already have too many topics like that already! :slap: j/k

Now..... back to posting about stupid crap from the trip! :freakin_nuts: :flipoff:

were you over by banshee hill at about noon on sunday????

:slap: good ones

Now I'm gonna steal yo thunda and post mine :laughoff::flipoff::laughing: ...

-when your toyhauler is plugged into your truck and your t/h batteries don't charge and it's acting like the main switch is off, check the main switch to see if it's ACTUALLY off. :laughing::laughoff::banghead:

-Jim (foxy~sand~snake) didn't break his rail this trip. Oh yeah...he didn't bring it. :blink:

-I found out that some rhino rides CAN be fun. :idiot:

-OGP has lots of gadgets and toys :nah:

-pauly and foxysandchick have cone fetishes :laughoff: and are addcited to asking for directions even when they don't need them. "Hey can you tell me where bathroom #1 is???" :freakin_nuts: :slap:

-I lead some "scenic dune rides" in places where apparently wingnut has never been :assblast:

-woody doens't have a main switch on his hauler :jester2:

-crazy dave wanted to bring his rail because I was coming this trip but didn't :coocoo:

-Randog had a dog from his camp that pissed on all our stuff :lol: "get outta here dog....noooo not you Randog!" :idea:

-stupid squeeky red quad boy got a lil annoying at times but oh well :lol:

-Joe Duner still wore shorts all weekend despite cold temps :lol:

- :think: "THUNDA....THUNDA.....I'M THE THUNDA STEALA!!!!" :laughoff:

I was hoping you wouldn't remember. :dunno: