need some car accident advise

cj92345

first i have a perfect driving record and a class A licence...but i only have liabilty ins on my old 89 chevy

truck.

driving to work a couple weeks ago a 16 year old blows a stop sign and T/bones me at a 2 way stop..i had

no stop sign.. it would have been much worse if i was'nt watching her not slowing down. i wacked my head on the drivers window when we hit,afterward i was able to drive my truck and go to work...later that day my neck was hurting so i went to ergent care...told i may have distented my neck a little...so i'am off work 4

days..can't turn my head without great pain for a week and a half,,wife has to drive me to work.

my head was pounding for 3 days..now i'am better and no sign of problems.

got the police report show her at fault for the accident, her ins looked at my truck yesterday and estimated

it for $2400.00

but now ia'm pi$$ed cause now i have to explain this accident on my driving record..and loss of pay and dr

deductable...

do i get a lawer?

just ask her ins for lost time and wages?

this accident has been a real pain in the a$$ for me..what next

thanks in advance chris :lol:

first i have a perfect driving record and a class A licence...but i only have liabilty ins on my old 89 chevy

truck.

driving to work a couple weeks ago a 16 year old blows a stop sign and T/bones me at a 2 way stop..i had

no stop sign.. it would have been much worse if i was'nt watching her not slowing down. i wacked my head on the drivers window when we hit,afterward i was able to drive my truck and go to work...later that day my neck was hurting so i went to ergent care...told i may have distented my neck a little...so i'am off work 4

days..can't turn my head without great pain for a week and a half,,wife has to drive me to work.

my head was pounding for 3 days..now i'am better and no sign of problems.

got the police report show her at fault for the accident, her ins looked at my truck yesterday and estimated

it for $2400.00

but now ia'm pi$$ed cause now i have to explain this accident on my driving record..and loss of pay and dr

deductable...

do i get a lawer?

just ask her ins for lost time and wages?

this accident has been a real pain in the a$$ for me..what next

thanks in advance chris :blury:

dont try to do it on your own go get an accident attorney . if your hurt and you lost time at work your entitled. your not going to get rich but its the only way. tell the ins. ther offer is not acceptable.

depending on the ins. company you can tell them your losses are x amount. but dont wait around .they like to string it out and let you miss your ability to file suite. this is a game to the insurance co. and they play it well. get an attorney they usually take the case for free.

watch your attorney though , you dont want him putting you at risk with fraudulent claims they will be required to pay the attorney, your lost time at work , truck to YOUR satisfaction. and some for pain and suffering. go after what it honestly set you back.

we had a car pull out on us my head hit the windshield i told them my losses were 3000.00 i was a passenger and not seriuosly hurt. they offered like 1500.00 i told them no i want 3000.00 perioud end .

they paid it in 30 days no problem.

2 years later im siting in traffic in san diego . i get rearended by a guy at 40 mph it folded the frame rails of my f150 i got hit so hard. i tried to deal with them as i did the last company. result they strung it along and stung it along i got 2000.00 dollars. i was hurt worse than previous accident. and i went to an attorney but it was to late i had no case cause i didnt file in time i got hosed. it was that aarp military ins the guy had. no one with that ins company better never hit me again. cause i will find the dirtiest attorney and rape them as hard as i can.

my suggestion get an attorney. get paid fair. walk away

Edited by barefoot bob

the only problem with getting an attorney is to get one that you TRUST...some are absolute slimeballs, and will tell you your settlement is for a lesser number that what it really was.

take your truck to 3 of your favorite body shops and get estimates. make sure it is during work too so you can claim those wages as lost due to the accident, then show them the difference between their estimate and yours

Or if shes good looking tell her you will call it even for sexual favors.

If not, take there advice.

On a serious note...good luck with everything. I had a friend that had a similar accident and got lost wages and his truck fixed but I dont remember what kind of insurance he had.

Guest Crasher

You need submit a letter/claim for your lost wages and medical care to her insurance company. They should cover it. If not, get an attorney. Once they see that you have retained counsel, they will change their tune.

I'm a paralegal in Las Vegas, so I can refer you an attorney if you live here. If not, make sure whoever you hire is reputable. Check the State Bar's website for any disciplinary actions, etc. Don't use a referral service, they are paid to refer people. Word of mouth is the best referral.

Good luck.

My wife got hit turning into her driveway, the girl passed her on the right as my wife was making a right turn. Well we had to sue to get anything because the girl lied about the whole thing. Two years later and we got some money, but what a pain in the a#$. Never want to do that again.

Hopefully you can settle with out a lawyer, but look at the statute of limitations on the time frame for a lawsuit. You do not want to settle until you are recovered completely, and you know how much your vehicle repairs are going to be.

Guest Crasher

My wife got hit turning into her driveway, the girl passed her on the right as my wife was making a right turn. Well we had to sue to get anything because the girl lied about the whole thing. Two years later and we got some money, but what a pain in the a#$. Never want to do that again.

Hopefully you can settle with out a lawyer, but look at the statute of limitations on the time frame for a lawsuit. You do not want to settle until you are recovered completely, and you know how much your vehicle repairs are going to be.

Statute of Limitations on personal injury is 2 years. I agree that you should try to settle it before you get an attorney if you can. An attorney will take 20-40% of your settlement and much more if you go to trial.

Did you contact your insurance about this? They should be dealing with the girls insurance and they should hire a lawyer for you. That is what you pay insurance for. Just finished up a case not too long ago. My ins co got me a great lawyer and it didn't cost me a dime.

I feel your pain. In 1995, I got hit from behind by an illegal alien with no license or insurance. I sustained a whiplash that required 42 visits to a chiropractor before I could loook over my left shoulder without major pain. My insurance company at the time (The Good Hands People) refused to take care of me. I had to sue my own uninsured motorist policy just to get them to take care of the medical bills! In the end, they paid nearly 3 times as much as they would have paid if they just took care of me like they should have to begin with!

I got in a bad accident back in 94...we used a self help book that my mom got from one of the book stores. It has the same formulas that the insurance adjusters use. We took all of our stuff to an attorney and he said that if he took the case, we would get less money......the other ins. drug it out to the 2 yr. cut off point

thanks for the info...as of thursday ins has not admitted liabilty yet...they have not seen the police

report but i have a copy..shows she violated "failure to yield" says drive #1 caused accident...

thats her.

thanks again gor the info.

It looks like you live in hesperia. If you need a good attorney that is very trustworthy, and his office is on Bear valley rd. he is a very good friend of mine. His name is Scott Shields. Phone # 760-868-4346.