Is it too soon to start talking about the CLEANUP?

SailAway

I hope it's not too soon to start talking this up. We've been working on sponsors and details for the cleanup and it's getting pretty exciting and I realized that we haven't even posted this year's flyer yet and then I looked at the calendar and realized that we only just now on the verge of February.

Phew!

Okay, everyone mark their calendars for this year's cleanup and remind your camping group how much fun you've had at the previous cleanups and let's get our participation numbers WAY UP.

I'll attach a copy of the flyer here so people can start printing it out for their own camp groups but also it would be dandy if a few people could volunteer to take them to their local off-road shops for their sales counters and windows.

Wooooo hooooo it's only 45 days to go! :beat:

Vicki

08_Dumont_Cleanup_flyer.pdf

I hope it's not too soon to start talking this up. We've been working on sponsors and details for the cleanup and it's getting pretty exciting and I realized that we haven't even posted this year's flyer yet and then I looked at the calendar and realized that we only just now on the verge of February.

Phew!

Okay, everyone mark their calendars for this year's cleanup and remind your camping group how much fun you've had at the previous cleanups and let's get our participation numbers WAY UP.

I'll attach a copy of the flyer here so people can start printing it out for their own camp groups but also it would be dandy if a few people could volunteer to take them to their local off-road shops for their sales counters and windows.

Wooooo hooooo it's only 45 days to go! :beat:

Vicki

Copies made. Will distribute ASAP. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beat:

Its never too soon.. IMO it should have been discussed and posted a couple months ago... to give everyone ample heads up and time to plan.

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2 here, but it's FoDD's gig so she makes the calls. :D:beat:

What time should I report for sign up duty Vicki?? Looking forward to helping out again this year! Last year was a great turn out. This year should be bigger and better!! :beer_bang:

Also Ill take some flyers to the shops around me on the east side. Also johnnie walker, with them selling dumont passes now!!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

:beer_bang: Yeah no kidding. Last year was NASTY!

Those were record highs though. I doubt it will be that hot this year. Lets hope. :lol: Either way, I'll be there. :laughing:

I'm there. !!!! weather wasn't tooooooo bad for us last yr was it ? I think is was only like 127 dag gum degrees or some chit ? Some of us got to be celebrity's for a half hr or so. as well !! i have a couple copies of the dvd i was sent from the fine folks who filmed the clean up for the tv spot. I must say i counted like a hundred good lookin ddr peeps on there ( and 3 ugly ones) :laughing:

all jokes aside...... an awesome cause, beachin prize's , great peeps, & u can work on your farmers tan ,cruz'n the farm equipment around !!!! :rhino: sweet.

count me in again.

This year it's going really slow getting sponsorship money from people. Product donations, no problem. But major sponsors are slow to spend their dollars this year.

Seems the consumer crunch has trickled down to a vendor crunch. ;)

BUT... don't be alarmed... I'm encouraged by the movement in the last week and actually I haven't been concerned even before that. Just surprised at the pace, although when I look at past year movement, we're right on track. I think people are being frugal (sounds so much better than stingy) but when it comes right down to it (and I start emphasizing the deadline), they're willing to pony up.

None of the donations and/or sponsors really start heating up until much closer to the cleanup so give it a little time and you'll see lots of action. :thumb:

Vicki

This year it's going really slow getting sponsorship money from people. Product donations, no problem. But major sponsors are slow to spend their dollars this year.

Seems the consumer crunch has trickled down to a vendor crunch. ;)

BUT... don't be alarmed... I'm encouraged by the movement in the last week and actually I haven't been concerned even before that. Just surprised at the pace, although when I look at past year movement, we're right on track. I think people are being frugal (sounds so much better than stingy) but when it comes right down to it (and I start emphasizing the deadline), they're willing to pony up.

None of the donations and/or sponsors really start heating up until much closer to the cleanup so give it a little time and you'll see lots of action. :thumb:

Vicki

Well I will donate (for DDR) towards T-shirt sponsorship whatever the cost and then some for a spot on the shirts again this year. :D

Hey Pete/Vicki is there anything specific needed for the cleanup?

If any of us were to ask our employers to contribute or to just be involved what would we ask them? Money?

New to the clean up sorry for the questions....

Thanks,

(PM sent too)

Edited by indagully

Can you just try to make it so it isn't so damn hot this year? :thumb:

That's funny, Davey and I were just talking about this over dinner tonight! Keeping fingers crossed it stays a bit chilly for the clean-up this year. The kids start Spring vacation the 15th, so we hope to make it a loooooonnnnnngggggg weekend, but don't want to hybernate with the A/C all afternoon(s). :D

What time should I report for sign up duty Vicki?? Looking forward to helping out again this year! Last year was a great turn out. This year should be bigger and better!! :thumb:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2!! Beam me up Vicki! Should I plan on bringing a box of trash bags with me to the booth again this year?!? :beer_bang: :D

Vicki, You Can Count Me In , Let Me Know How Many People You Think You Will Have At the Cleanup,

And We Will Go From There.

Chef Andy

Ruff Rock Run Cafe

Phew!

Wooooo hooooo it's only 45 days to go! :ban-split:

Vicki

Edited by cmyfirepole

Finallly got some full color copies printed out here at work to distribute around this area at the local bike shops and such like that :ban-split:

Also talking to the editor here at work about doing a quarter to half page announcement a couple of times, now, mid Feb and again begining of March, in our little ole paper if thats ok with you! :dunno:

SailAway,

let me now how or what we can do to help and we will be glad to do what we can.

I will get some raffle prizes together and P.M you with what we have and how to get it to you last year we gave the things to Dunefreak.

Thinking this year front rims