superbowl 2008 trip report (jan 30-feb 3)

Richard Cheese

what a week. the three times i had been out for this trip in past years, the weather was ALWAYS the same

70-80 degrees in the day

40s at night with a slight wind

We rolled in Wednesday afternoon to temps in the 40's and a STIFF wind out of the NW. we were 1 of three groups in the whole joint.

The dunes were AWESOME Wednesday

post-457-1202100587_thumb.jpg

smooth as glass. this was the first time i got to ride sand like this @ Dumont.....outstanding! :D

Thursday we took a few rides, but always found ourselves going back to comp hill. there is just something about that hill when it has NO tracks on it......it had no whoops :MBdance: and you just glided down 5th gear pinned until the bottom :beer_bang:

post-457-1202100885_thumb.jpg

post-457-1202131134_thumb.jpg

heres the wife and string cheese in the farm equipment on the way out to the north pole

post-457-1202131301_thumb.jpg

Friday, Aceisback showed up with his son, Casey....

heres a couple pics of Casey jumping his DS out @ the north pole

post-457-1202131489_thumb.jpg

he got a little too much air here :headbang1: (maybe i just took a sh*tty pic???? ) :headbang1:

post-457-1202131663_thumb.jpg

Aceisback has some killer graphics on the side of his quad

post-457-1202131840_thumb.jpg

Saturday, dunefreak, isbb and Stalteri920 rolled in for a day ride. the weather was a bit overcast in the morning

post-457-1202142987_thumb.jpg

post-457-1202143080_thumb.jpg

post-457-1202143265_thumb.jpg

WHILE out @ the north pole, this guy comes cruizin in on some kinda cross between a rhino, geo metro, zuk, and a lil rascal

post-457-1202143416_thumb.jpg

it had this funny pic on the back of one of the seats telling us not to do something while riding in that thing

post-457-1202143683_thumb.jpg

i thought it was telling us not to suck, um, well, ..........d*ck while driving this vehicle

:rockwoot::blury:

some more ride pics

post-457-1202143867_thumb.jpg

post-457-1202144688_thumb.jpg

at the end of the 2nd ride, we cruised by sandpirates camp....it was nice meeting you mike...i wish we could have gone on a ride

the camp host was cruizing the rescue rhino with some hottie that wasnt his wife :laughoff:

post-457-1202144795_thumb.jpg

Great trip

here are my observations.

past trips cannot dictate how the weather is going to be :jester2:

Aceisback sure likes that apple pie :drunk:

i guess dunefreak doesnt like to eat apple pie :laughoff:

the capt and dunelovers son battled me hard into the ninth round before i could stratagize a comeback :booty::laughoff:

you shouldnt laugh when duning in the farm equipment, as you end up eating buckets of sand :DDRrocks:

it was pretty wierd not being one of the top 5 :drunk2: in camp this trip :drunk:

i was not lookin forward to taking all that beer home...good thing pimpshack and isbb showed up!!!

Edited by richard cheese

:shout: You were out there 5 days and only have three pics :beer_bang:

come on cheese :afro: some of us need are sand fix! :DDRrocks: :kart:

never mind.......great pics there cheese

Edited by TheAlaskan

what a week. the three times i had been out for this trip in past years, the weather was ALWAYS the same

70-80 degrees in the day

40s at night with a slight wind

We rolled in Wednesday afternoon to temps in the 40's and a STIFF wind out of the NW. we were 1 of three groups in the whole joint.

The dunes were AWESOME Wednesday

post-457-1202100587_thumb.jpg

smooth as glass. this was the first time i got to ride sand like this @ Dumont.....outstanding! :D

Thursday we took a few rides, but always found ourselves going back to comp hill. there is just something about that hill when it has NO tracks on it......it had no whoops :jester2: and you just glided down 5th gear pinned until the bottom :DDRrocks:

Yeah I know what you mean about virgin sand and comp :beer_bang: I :rockwoot: the same qd and 5th gear down the hill is :MBdance::laughoff: Sounds like a great trip was there on tues. nite after mlk at that place :headbang1::headbang1: Its like a complete different pl than on big weekend :laughoff::laughoff:

Glad you had a good time. The pics are great but how come you have a bunch of your Bumble Bee and only one of the Wife and String, and you can't even see the little guy.

I was also hoping for some pics of you in your furry boots and shorts. :laughing:

:beercheers:

most of the pics i posted were from when i was riding the quad in the big dunes...the wife and kid cannot make it that high in the ranger.....ive got more of them tho

no shorts...it was too :headbang1: cold....i was in riding pants boots, 2-3 shirts and a pullover hoody most of the time, with 0 degree gloves on when not riding

:clap: Nice pics there Cheese.

Glad you had a good safe trip. :fro:

You picked a great time to go. Smooth. :rockon:

5 days on an off weekend. :headbang1::laughing:

Someday we'll be out there at the same time bro. :beercheers:

R-

Good pics Cheese, mine turned out like a$$! Gonna have to learn how to use the camera in some mode other than AUTO... :banghead:

Would like to give a big shout out to Pete for leading a handful of Metal Mulisha style rides :rockon::clap: , even after saying he was looking forward to a laid back day for a change. My arms and knees are still feeling it Pete. Good job. :beercheers:

Good to meet Stalteri920, and ISBB, you guys sure can wheel those bikes. :fro: :whoop: Enjoy your youth while you have it is all I can say.

Dunelover and Sandpirate, good to meet both of you also.

I must say Pete, Apple Pie is not to eat. :laughoff: You :laughing::headbang1::beerpint: :chug: :coffee::rockon::drunk: with it and then go to bed and leave everyone else hanging out around the fire. Just ask Cheese. :lol::laughoff:

Good times to say the least. Looking forward to some more here in the near future. :DDRrocks:

So here's my attempt to add to the Super Bowl Dumont Trip :smoker:

Finally got to hook up with a few of the DDR peeps at Cheese's Meet and Greet at the South Pole --- No Cheese :grin:

But did get to meet CaptNkllm, Dunelover and I'm going to screw this up, I think it was Dunedog....and their families. Great talking to you guys out at the pole. and CaptNkllm has a sick ride, nice rail dude...

(Alaskian - I got GPS Coord for South Pole) :dunno:

Got a suprise visit at the camp by Cheese, Dune Freak, ISSB, Stalter920, and Aceisback.... :laughoff: shot the bull for a bit, and they headed back to see CaptNkllm's. Great meeting everyone and hope to get a chance to ride with all of you at one point. Although I dont know if Farm Equipment can keep up.... :lol:

Was planning to make a suprise visit to Chesse's but ran into two camps that were not his... :banghead: :chug: got the last camp all pissed that we knocked on their trailer at 8pm, apparently woke up the wrong folks....oh well. So we gave-up and headed back, figured we do it again on Sunday morning.

Sunday morning about 3am, we woke up to a slight breese.......and my flag pole crashing down on my trailer, wind indicator showed steady 50mph winds, with gusts to 65 at times :driver: with the wife b*tch'n about not seeing our chairs anymore....

At day break, the sand was blowing so bad, that we lost sight of the group next to us about 500 ft away. Dont know if this will work, but I included a shot clip of what it looked like out the window.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

"> </param> <embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

So we bailed on going back out to look for Cheese and the group - we'll hook up next time.

Here's some PIC's -

Vikki and I Friday Night - Great Sunset

post-3623-1202239805_thumb.jpg

Setup for the Dunes and New Sat Dish was working great

post-3623-1202240937_thumb.jpg

Saturday Morning looking across from camp

post-3623-1202239952_thumb.jpg

Had a great ride up the creek, and to the tower, some else told us it was Thunder Mountain, but GPS didnt agree maybe somebody knows what it's called.

post-3623-1202240080_thumb.jpg

Camp Alarms Off Duty - Bambi (Springer) and Akiela (Chessie)

post-3623-1202240359_thumb.jpg

Daylight Sunday, Super Bowl Sand Storm

post-3623-1202240522_thumb.jpg

Had Plenty of Teq Crashers, 60" Big Screen, Tons of Food, and Camp Alarm Inside...too windy, but the game was excellent.

post-3623-1202240774_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to Prez Weekend to meet more of the DDR Peeps.

Edited by Sandpirates2

Great pics there sandpirates2! :dunno:

I think you might get in trouble if you post those GPS coordinates though :chug:

I'm going searching for the SP this friday after we get camp all set up! :banghead:

Looks like everyone had a great time out there as usual. :D

Hey cheese, I take it your cousins (?) made back ok?

Great pics there sandpirates2! :banghead:

I think you might get in trouble if you post those GPS coordinates though :lol:

I'm going searching for the SP this friday after we get camp all set up! :chug:

Looks like everyone had a great time out there as usual. :D

Hey cheese, I take it your cousins (?) made back ok?

yeah, got a call last night...all was well......the sand was sooooo bad, they couldnt see 10 ft in front ofthem :grin::dunno:

Thursday we took a few rides, but always found ourselves going back to comp hill. there is just something about that hill when it has NO tracks on it......it had no whoops and you just glided down 5th gear pinned until the bottom

5th gear pinned... Now THAT's a story...

Someday when I meet up with eveyone, I'll have to tell the tale of Cheese and his first trip down comp.....

Someday when I meet up with eveyone, I'll have to tell the tale of Cheese and his first trip down comp.....

"how ya doin"

"I'M sh*tting MY PANTS!!!"

"good, get it alllll out, cause now im gonna teach ya how to transition razorbacks."

:drunk:

do you remember it took Jim nearly 1/2 an hour to get down that thing on his 300??? :clap:

"how ya doin"

"I'M sh*tting MY PANTS!!!"

"good, get it alllll out, cause now im gonna teach ya how to transition razorbacks."

:laughing:

do you remember it took Jim nearly 1/2 an hour to get down that thing on his 300??? :blink:

Thanks, I just blew milk out of my nose...sheesh..