Being Poor Sucks!

Dune Dad

if the democrats get in were going full bore into a recession. clinton was good timing off the reserves of the republican party ( i/e reagan) bush just kept the reagenomics policy going. clinton just cruise controled through his term. there is no reserves for the democrats to sponge up. there liberal policies are very expensive. just my opinion of course.............................

Wow, I actually agreee with you on something? :thumb:

For all of these people having hard times they sure don't mind paying to get into the aquarium; we add about a million visitors every year (of course they are mostly out of state), but the same goes for the city museum I work at. I don't rake it in but no matter how the economy goes the fish still need to get fed.

My heart goes out to all of you feeling the pinch though, hopefully this won't go on forever :(

• 1 month later...

This is my third week sitting home on my a$$... The thought of getting laid off is starting to become a reality. The Mariott is building two more towers and we are doing the security for it but they haven't even broke ground yet.

If you see everything I own in the classifieds you know what happened...

:beercheers:

no there are so many trades that were housing that are crossing over there throwing lowball bids and making it worse. election year, really iffy which way the econemy is gonna go imo. really iffy...................

yea, i am in construction and that just really kills me. its hard to make money when some dumbshit illegal walks in and offers to do the same job for 50% less money. the builders are doing everything they can to cut costs, which kills me and costs me money, then as gas and the cost of living goes up, these idiots just keep driving the price down. :shocked2: :pics: yea don't get me started on this, lol, :ban-split: it almost got me into a fist fight at dumont last night.

:dunno:

:whoop:

Being a Real Estate Appraiser here in So. Cal we are definitley feeling the pinch.

I'm right with ya, and when I do get an appraisal, the value just isn't there. People are losing $20K a month and lenders are being stingy. So Cal is hammered.

I work for a public utility in So Cal. Work is booming.... now dont get me wrong, I was a certified Service Tech for a GM Dealership long ago, and found out in my younger years that flag time is a losing proposition....

Its nice to have a job that people depend on more and more.. electricity is always in high demand... and with summer fast approaching, I am already starting to see the double time kick in..

If you are looking for a job with decent pay, dont overlook local utilities... you may have to take 1 step back to take 2 forward....

I'm right with ya, and when I do get an appraisal, the value just isn't there. People are losing $20K a month and lenders are being stingy. So Cal is hammered.

As of a couple of weeks ago we started to get slammed with business. We are doing a lot of FHA jobs since they raised the loan values. They are all bank owned properties and people are getting into them for so cheap that I dont even have to try and get the value. My advice for you would be to get FHA certified. No more test, its just a matter of filling out the form and sending it in. Oh, and learning all the stupid FHA requirements. Like how thick the insulation is. Stupid. Good luck.

As of a couple of weeks ago we started to get slammed with business. We are doing a lot of FHA jobs since they raised the loan values. They are all bank owned properties and people are getting into them for so cheap that I dont even have to try and get the value. My advice for you would be to get FHA certified. No more test, its just a matter of filling out the form and sending it in. Oh, and learning all the stupid FHA requirements. Like how thick the insulation is. Stupid. Good luck.

Congrats man. The OC is still suckin' eggs. We're seeing a little more work but nobody can get anything closed :laughoff: The lenders have all sorts of stupid requests. I'm sure your seeing them too.

Thanks for the info on the FHA certification. I just printed the form out about 2 weeks ago I just have to send it in. Funny, I've never had a request for an FHA until 2 weeks ago. Apperently those have been rare for the past 10 years:) How long have you been in the business?

Good news for everybody else, maybe the bottom is in sight and builders and contractors can get some work done on these distressed properties that folks are buying. :6pak:

Congrats man. The OC is still suckin' eggs. We're seeing a little more work but nobody can get anything closed :laughoff: The lenders have all sorts of stupid requests. I'm sure your seeing them too.

Thanks for the info on the FHA certification. I just printed the form out about 2 weeks ago I just have to send it in. Funny, I've never had a request for an FHA until 2 weeks ago. Apperently those have been rare for the past 10 years:) How long have you been in the business?

Good news for everybody else, maybe the bottom is in sight and builders and contractors can get some work done on these distressed properties that folks are buying. :6pak:

I have only been doing this for about 3 1/2 years. How about you? The lender requests for the conventional loans are just about freaking rediculous. Most of the things they want are not even required. The FHA loans were pretty rare due to their loan limits. In california we have been out of the $200,000's for quite some time. Most of the houses I have done have just been complete disasters and are in much need of some repairs. I like to be as positive as I can, and i just dont see how the values could drop much lower. This is still California and people flock here.

I have only been doing this for about 3 1/2 years. How about you? The lender requests for the conventional loans are just about freaking rediculous. Most of the things they want are not even required. The FHA loans were pretty rare due to their loan limits. In california we have been out of the $200,000's for quite some time. Most of the houses I have done have just been complete disasters and are in much need of some repairs. I like to be as positive as I can, and i just dont see how the values could drop much lower. This is still California and people flock here.

2 Yrs but I've been in and out of the real estate business in other forms a few times. My timing is impeccable for another attempt. :6pak: Glad I have other talents (DHL, House Of Stickers).

I was in the car in and out a few times. That's getting hammered as well. People are hurting in every industry. It's amazing how everything is intertwined in one way or another.

2 Yrs but I've been in and out of the real estate business in other forms a few times. My timing is impeccable for another attempt. :laughing: Glad I have other talents (DHL, House Of Stickers).

I was in the car in and out a few times. That's getting hammered as well. People are hurting in every industry. It's amazing how everything is intertwined in one way or another.

Almost everything is tied together somehow. My buddy owns a car lot in Upland and gets calls all the time from RE agents and Loan Officers that are trying to get rid of their Lexus's and Benz's cause they cant afford the payments anymore. They are trading them in for Civic's and Camry's. He is getting the trade ins for dirt cheap but the probelm is that he cant rurn around and sell them. Like yourself I also have another job to keep a paycheck going. I am licensed to service and install fire extinguishers. Recession proof job, the State Fire Marshall makes sure of that. Get them serviced or they fine you or shut you down. Not as easy as appraisals but the money is just as good.