PRESIDENTS DAY 2008 !

Warrior07

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres my one observation from the weekend;

If you show up after dark and cant find anyone, decide to park your truck and use the quad to look for people.........remember where you park your truck!!!!!

three hours, and a bummed tank of gas later I finally found my truck....needless to say friday night was pretty lame

Rode all day saturday and had a blast :MBdance:

so friday night was completely worth it!

OK observations .

1. dunesmurf and cdavego & nicolenvegas way cool peeps thanks for having us :beat:

2. dont roll your awning up unless it's ready :ynot: thanks dave for helping me . :thumb:

3. crasher and wingnut way cool meeting you had a blast :slap: wingnut wants to get some farm equipment :laughoff:

4. don't threaten sincityblondie to push her in the fire cause she'll want to :beat: and won't remember it in the morning . :chug: :lol:

5. don't drink beer all day and have jager bombs if you want wake up before 10 am :drunk2: :dope::drunk:

6. make sure you bring enough cigs :smoker: and beer :dope: :chug: if you don't wanna feel like a mooch :banghead:

7. i need to stop bringing up old threads cause they kick you in the arse at meet n greet . thanks sand chick & desertskyz for making me perform my duty (duneporter):idiot: somebody will for sure post the pic thanks sand chick for having your cam .

8. i need a pizzazz :lol:

9. not as busy of a weekend . :blink:

10. there was still a few :flatbiller: and azzhats

11. meet n greet was way cool to put a face to a name . :MBdance:

12. duniemonkie is taller than i thought she was or am i short :dunno:

13. nice meeting don29palms pulled in to camp friday night to say hi :lol:

14. paulrob nice finally meeting you even though you live like to streets down from me :dunno::laughoff:

i can go on but had a nice weekend :drunk2: :drunk2: met some really cool peeps

and need to stay away from the jegar bombs .

pete (dunefreak) &dunesmurf

post-638-1203308652_thumb.jpg

bpguys ride nice :thumb:

post-638-1203308738_thumb.jpg

desertskyz and her boytoy friend niehbor :think:

post-638-1203308781_thumb.jpg

pretty good turn out for my first meet and greet

post-638-1203308891_thumb.jpg

dusk

post-638-1203309001_thumb.jpg

south pole before meet n greet

post-638-1203309039_thumb.jpg

i'll make sure i stay way from this machine :drunk2:

post-638-1203309098_thumb.jpg

kids will be kids :MBdance:

:dunno:

post-638-1203309168_thumb.jpg

that's it for now :poke:

Rolled Friday late, ran over to comp about 10:30 at about 1:30 am started popping flames out of my head where the pipe goes in, shut the motor off and realized that I lost an exhaust bolt. I had my Step Brother tow me back not wanting to run the bike for obvious reasons and the next morning when I could see I saw that the head pipe moved out of the head and sand was now in my head. Needless to say tha was the end of my riding for the weekend.

Time to pull the head and verify if sand made it farther into the motor.

Just got in. What a great weekend.

Here are some of my obervations from the weekend...

The new camera kicked a$$.

Meet & greet was another great big turnout. LOTS of DDR peeps. :lol:

I got to meet little Daniel. :smoker:

We had some great company throughout the weekend.

Jeep drags were badass.

I didn't hear of any accidents other than the one where Ryan helped the kid with the ripped bicep.

We got a couple really good FAST rides in. :MBdance: Holy hell. :laughoff:

Dunes were pretty choppy but had some FAST lines like usual.

The entrance road was still in GREAT condition IMO.

The BLM didn't seem to be giving everyone too much crap.

It was pretty crowded, but I'd say probably a little less than last prez weekend.

LOTS of close calls at comp all weekend. It's almost nerve racking to watch that hill.

Weather was awesome. It got a tad warm at times, but all in all it was perfect weather. :D

We hooked up our projector and watched the Elite fight over with Capt and bf Bob and crew Sat night.

Sunday (today) I didn't ride much other than to go watch the drags and over to comp for a little bit.

The drive to Dumont usually takes me about 2 hours total to get there. This trip, due to chitty Vegas traffic, took me FOUR AND A HALF HOURS to get there. :slap: Then Sand~Snake rear ends my toyhauler right before the river crossing. :lol::MBdance: One more time, Jim......YOU DUMBAZZ! :lol: Needless to say, I needed a beer when I got into Dumont Fri night. :banghead:

I took about 400 pictures :ynot::laughoff: . I will have to sort through them and post some up when I get time.

It was a great weekend. It was good hanging out with everyone and another really fun President's Day weekend. :beat::D

Rolled Friday late, ran over to comp about 10:30 at about 1:30 am started popping flames out of my head where the pipe goes in, shut the motor off and realized that I lost an exhaust bolt. I had my Step Brother tow me back not wanting to run the bike for obvious reasons and the next morning when I could see I saw that the head pipe moved out of the head and sand was now in my head. Needless to say tha was the end of my riding for the weekend.

Time to pull the head and verify if sand made it farther into the motor.

That sucks Mark. Sorry to hear. I was wondering where you were. :(

Anyone know the scooby doo guy, he lives about a 1/2 mile from me in Pahrump. Did anyone see me out there this weekend, I was the guy in the camo rhino? Come on, did you see me?

And I had a red dodge pulling a white 5th wheel toyhauler, did you see me?

Damn, nice pics Rob. ^^^ :D

.....REARENDED the bowling alley??? :dope: how bad is the damage? Always something attempting to effe up your trip, huh DF?? :coocoo:

those initial pics look real good....camera looks like it takes awesome pics

:rockon:

Damage isn't too bad. The rear frame piece is pushed in but thats about it. Jim's bumper is destroyed though. :laughoff:

As for the pics...thanks, the camera did awesome. Here are a few more...

Taledega...

normal_STA_0222.JPG

normal_STB_0223.JPG

Jeep drags...

normal_IMG_0437.JPG

normal_IMG_0438.JPG

normal_IMG_0433.JPG

normal_IMG_0428.JPG

normal_IMG_0426.JPG

normal_IMG_0427.JPG

normal_IMG_0420.JPG

normal_IMG_0416.JPG

normal_IMG_0411.JPG

Our buddy Dave...

normal_IMG_0409.JPG

normal_IMG_0417.JPG

He cracked a crank pulley hub and was done. :(

normal_IMG_0418.JPG

1. Hog heaven still rocks

2. Didn't get go go on any fast rides. Tried afew times, there were just way to many quads popping up out of nowhere. It got to dangerous. :DDRrocks::laughoff::rockon:

3. It is really nice to be hanin' out watching whatever and have DDR peeps pull up and say Hi! :coocoo: Hi Jodi you green machine.

4. Warrior is only a "Jacka$$ in Training" online. In person he is a super nice guy, Danny even liked you. :hug: or maybe you were just :drunk2: .

5. I like going fast.

6. My BNFPG effed up his back really bad Sat. night so I got to be Man B*tch and break camp. I can pretty much do everything , even change out the tires on the rail. It's the little things that messed me up. :blury: ratchet straps. I just can't seems to make them work. :think:

7. Camped next to the Host Camp and still got whored by some a$$holes who felt the need to play Rap and Garth Brooks this 3:30 am. People still don't get the 3 feet of personal space.

8. Lost puppies wandering into camp are fun to play with. Yes, I found his mom.

9. We were torn between watching the Jeep Hill Climbs and the Ford Truck Hill climbs. That was freakin' funny. Dude, a 4 doors, F350, long bed ain't gonna make it no matter how many times you try. :idiot::lol:

10. Not being on the next episode of Cops. :praying: They were rolling film everywhere we went.

11. Don29palms smelt good. Did you just shower before the meet and greet.

Once again, BIG props go out the all the DDR peeps that I have got to know over the last few of years, and the new ones I have met along the way. :dope: still.