accident at dumont

raptoroy

Well just before loading up we went over the first finger from comp and saw highway patrols lights. We went over and they had a guy on the ground with a red motorcycle by him. On the way out we saw the coroner coming in. Does anybody know anymore info ? Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Well just before loading up we went over the first finger from comp and saw highway patrols lights. We went over and they had a guy on the ground with a red motorcycle by him. On the way out we saw the coroner coming in. Does anybody know anymore info ? Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

What time did you leave? We took off at noon and didn't see anything going on. Thoughts a prayers to the family.

we left about 2:30

We left around 1145, saw the Fire Dept heading down the finger followed by the CHP. When I got home, I checked the CHP website, they reported that run as a fatality....

Prayers go out to the family....

BTW... CHP website family had been notified and enroute from Apple Valley...

I noticed there was a forum regarding an accident Sunday morning.................

Well that man riding his motorcyle was one of ours. A group of us go to Dumont every other weekend and we have heard about the accidents, and deaths, but it doesn't hit you as hard as one of your own getting into an accident and dying.

A Father, Husband, Son, Brother, Uncle and a really great friend was in a motorcyle accident and did not make it. He went on his first and only ride of the weekend and never returned to camp. He was gone for 10 minutes just around the end of the middle finger and a little over 100 yards from where we were camping. Its really a tragic happening when that man was part of your family. As a group we pulled together and did what we needed to do and that was to take care of his wife and kids.

Please pray for his family........

Thank You

I noticed there was a forum regarding an accident Sunday morning.................

Well that man riding his motorcyle was one of ours. A group of us go to Dumont every other weekend and we have heard about the accidents, and deaths, but it doesn't hit you as hard as one of your own getting into an accident and dying.

A Father, Husband, Son, Brother, Uncle and a really great friend was in a motorcyle accident and did not make it. He went on his first and only ride of the weekend and never returned to camp. He was gone for 10 minutes just around the end of the middle finger and a little over 100 yards from where we were camping. Its really a tragic happening when that man was part of your family. As a group we pulled together and did what we needed to do and that was to take care of his wife and kids.

Thank You

So sorry to hear of your loss. :( It indeed hits you that much harder when it is someone you know or related to. My thoughts are with you and your group.

Do you know how this happened?

So sorry to hear of your loss. :( It indeed hits you that much harder when it is someone you know or related to. My thoughts are with you and your group.

I am very sorry about your Bud, thoughts and many prayers go out to you and the family. I lost my buddy on Sunday as well from a accident on Thurs at The Dumont... Chris

I am so so sorry to hear this. Our prayers go out to all involved If there is anything needed PM us... This is getting out of control way to many tragities (sp?) lately. Please please everyonre take extra caution when out at the dunes.....

Our prayers...............

The California radio stations were mentioning something about it today ? They were saying the rider was coming down a hill and crashed somehow ? Can't always bank on 2nd 3rd hand info ? Hopefully someone has correct 411 ? Thoughts and prayer from myself to the family , any accident from a minor fender bender to a big deal as this troubles a person . God speed

i donno if prayers could make them feel better

its a terrible feeling :freakin_nuts:

theres nothin really i can say that will help ease the tension

but know that when a fellow duner goes down...we all think about it

think of the family and the friends

just know we are there for ya

I am so so sorry to hear this. Our prayers go out to all involved If there is anything needed PM us... This is getting out of control way to many tragities (sp?) lately. Please please everyonre take extra caution when out at the dunes.....

Our prayers...............

I'm just so sorry to hear about this loss, and as mentioned by "indasand", It hard to believe that were seeing so much of this in such a short time frame. One death is too many, but our prayers and thoughts are out to all of you who have gone through this tragic loss.

Sounds like alot of us will be out this weekend - Take Care and be careful, we've lost too many friends this year already. :freakin_nuts:

Thank You

so sorry for your loss. I wish there was more we could do or say, but we feel for you and your family. Gods speed duners!

Very sorry for your loss, I too have lost close ones. Any word on what happend??

Ted (racerX) pm'd me with some info about it. Here is most of what he sent me. (He knew the guy)

26 Years old, married, 2 boys ages 6 and 16 months. Goes to the dunes often with his friends. Wife is a nurse, several fireman and paramedics in their group that morning. Was ready to go for a ride Sunday morning before loading up to head home, waiting for his family to finish breakfast and helmet up to go for a ride, he was jumping on some dunes around his camp. Had a helmet on, cased a jump, several witness' saw the accident, helmet came off (nobody knows why, whether it wasn't strapped or not) fell down. Buddies went over to him, no pulse, no bruising, no broken bones, spinal fluid coming out his mouth. The assumption is a seperation of the spinal cord from the brain (similar to a Dale Earnhardt type seperation). CPR everything possible done. Wife layed by him for 5 hours waiting for the coroner. Sounds like just a freak thing, nobody irresponsible, no alcohol, his number just came up. Can't even begin to think of the pain their going thru. He was a nice guy, outgoing, great kids........

I'll keep in touch, we're taking turns taking food to the family for the next month. I didn't know him that well, but still really hits home. As responsible as we think we all are, you never know.......

Takes a split second and the party is over....Ride Safe........

very sad! :(

Ted (racerX) pm'd me with some info about it. Here is most of what he sent me. (He knew the guy)

very sad! :(

WoW...thats about as bad as it gets, absolutely terrible....... :beercheers: :beer_bang: :beer_bang: