April 1st Weekend Report

dunefreak

It was a short trip for me, but still a blast like always. Thankfully nobody got hurt (although we saw the helicopter like 2 or 3 times :huh: :thumbsdown:). Friday night I think I did more night riding than I ever have. :laughing: To the north Pole, then south pole and everything in between, then back to camp and then...hey back to the south pole, then back to camp and strapped the fullsize cooler to the Raptor! :laughing: Screw the 6 pack rack- I had a 30 pack rack! :laughoff: Then off to the North Pole to meet ISBB in the 1/4 ton p/u. Somehow we ended up at the south pole instead...??? :laughoff::drunk: So when jammed over to the north pole and met ISBB there. I was amazed the cooler stayed on the quad, but then as we left the north pole the cooler went sailing! :laughoff: Beers everywhere. We picked them all up and threw them in ISBB's 1/4 ton beer-can-ambulance. :laughoff: That was enough night riding for the night at that point. :laughing:

Saturday was a fun kick back day with a few rides in. We were all a bit sore from Friday night, but we had so much fun we could have just gone home after that fun filled evening. :laughing: Got to meet some new faces...Randog and cmyfirepole and his son John. :D :smiley: Again it was nice to meet you guys. We had fun kicking it w/ you. :thumb:

SandYFZ's motor pretty much grenaded 15 minutes after he got there Sat AM. :thumbsdown: We beleive he melted a hole in a piston maybe since there was oil EVERYWHERE coming from the breather. Hopefully you get it back together soon, Aaron. :thumb:

post-3-1143950469_thumb.jpg

Randog's sweet ride...

post-3-1143950575_thumb.jpg

Sunday afternoon...

post-3-1143950644_thumb.jpg

post-3-1143950698_thumb.jpg

post-3-1143950760_thumb.jpg

Weather was great too! :D

Ya,im just about positive the piston has a hole in it.Ill be tearing it down very soon and post up pics of the carnage.Bigtime bummer,atleast it broke down at camp.Thanks for letting me ride the Craptor Pete.We had a good dune ride.I appreciate it. :smiley: Before i left that morning i threw in a few more beers for some reason.Then after my bike took a crap i sure was glad i had them. :thumbsdown: I still had a great time,lots of good laughs...Thanks for everything :laughing: Ill have the bike back up in no time. :thumbsdown: Oh i almost forgot,how about Tacomama's no footer over the bush,lmao.... :laughing: Glad you didnt get hurt...Hahaha,beef curtains... :laughing:

I'm back early too! I guess we didn't bring enought food or water. We ran out and that pretty much ended our trip! :smiley: It was a great weekend! I met quite a few DDR members.... it was nice to put some names with faces! :thumbsdown:

Eddie... When i went back looking for fctryblack84 i saw a chopper parked in the sand loading up someone on a stretcher.. the quad looked pretty messed up... He shoulda been riding a 2 wheeler cuz i have hit drops like that and been fine.. :D looked like he wasnt paying attention and just endoed off a drop... the other 2 i dont know what they were there for and i told pete i saw 3 and he was like naaaa only 2.. lol..

Craig glad you got the air pressure figured out.. 22psi in the front is just waaaaaaaay too much.. :D

I had a great weekend... I do have a couple bills to mail out though!!

Pete: Wash and wax Bill: $35.00

Wingnut: Interior Detail w/ carpet shampoo $60.00

HAHA... My truck looks like a$$ i havent even washed it yet... I turned the air on and it took 10 min of full blast to get most of the sand outta the vents... it was horrible... Plus i dont think the 1/4 ton is a trophy truck so that might have had something to do w/ a little sand in the vents... and ill have to get a bigger running start to get over some of those razors.. Didnt doo tooo bad.. only got stuck once and it was easy to get out of w/ a little push on the nose to get her goin back downhill again... then 6500 rpm bouncin off the revlimiter to get over that damn dune... Man i had fun!!

Great times great times... Whens the next one... ill even leave my bike at home for it.. :smiley:

I had a great weekend... I do have a couple bills to mail out though!!

Pete: Wash and wax Bill: $35.00

Wingnut: Interior Detail w/ carpet shampoo $60.00

HAHA... My truck looks like a$$ i havent even washed it yet... I turned the air on and it took 10 min of full blast to get most of the sand outta the vents... it was horrible...

:laughing: Maybe next time you'll roll the windows up before you go to bed and not leave your damn truck wide open all night. :laughoff::laughoff:

Oh and it doesn't cost $35 to wash some beer off the side of a truck. :laughing: :smiley: Get off your a$$ and wash it yo self :laughing::thumbsdown::laughing:

Good times :thumbsdown::laughoff:

That thing looks okay to me. Just have the crack weled up and put it back together and run it til it grenades. J/K. Looks like it's time for a new top end. Maybe some more cc's?

Its the nature of the beast.Thats the way it goes sometimes.I run the livin sh*t out of it and this time it bit me in the a$$.Nothing happened to the internals at all though so i was very thankful for that. :D

We just got back and unloaded in time for the last laps of the race.

I just wanna say that we had one of the best times ever. You folks are a blast, and it was nice to meet everyone...THANKS...... :laughing::thumbsdown: :smiley:

fctryblack84 can't stop talking about the rail rides this weekend. Thanks go out to JoeDuner and Randog for taking him out....I just love the look on his face when he talks about it. :laughing:

We took one last ride this morning and when I was about to do donuts in front of our neighbors camp, to repay the favor (ask JoeDuner), the rail quit...... :( It's probably a good thing....that rail has taken care of me...let's me down then takes me home. Leaves me a little confused like the ladies! :laughing: I'm pretty sure it's the points or condensor AGAIN....time to buy the electronic ignition.

Can't wait till the next time.....the wife will be there and good times for all! :thumbsdown:

Still gotta try the :laughing:....

Had a blast hangin out with you and your kid this weekend.. Tell him thas probably the last chance he will ever get to ride w/ robby gordon... HAHAHAHAHA :smiley:

Cmyfirepole, Did you get to see a sobe bomb?

Oh yeahhhhh.....can't wait to see some more!! :smiley: :thumbsdown:

Hey Pete....where the woman take ya out to?

Edited by cmyfirepole

Oh yeahhhhh.....can't wait to see some more!! :smiley: :thumb:

Hey Pete....where the woman take ya out to?

She took me out to the House of Blues to see Carlos Mencia!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughoff::laughoff: It was a blast- funnny as hell! :laughing: My girl rocks. :D We had alot of fun. I was tired as hell when I got home and was worried I'd be too exhausted to have a good time, but then when she handed me the tickets I was wide awake with excitement. :thumbsdown: A few Gin & tonics and couple beers later I was wide awake laughing my a$$ off. :thumbsdown: Good show! :laughoff::D

I was able to snap a pic (w/ the crappy quality camera phone :thumb: )before the show of Carlos signing some stuff for us. :laughoff:

post-3-1144027191_thumb.jpg

I was tired as hell when I got home and was worried I'd be too exhausted to have a good time.....

Yeah...I hear ya there...I almost feel like a sissy! :smiley:

Next trip is in two weeks...right?

Yeah...I hear ya there...I almost feel like a sissy! :thumbsdown:

Next trip is in two weeks...right?

YEP!! :thumbsdown: Easter weekend! :D (April 15th and 16th weekend) :laughing: Hope we can kick it together again, gerald. Good times! :smiley: :D

DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thats bad a$$.. :D I wish she had a twin sister cuz duniemonkie is awesome... but since she doesnt ill have to settle for tacomama.. cuz shes awesome too :D

DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thats bad a$$.. :D I wish she had a twin sister cuz duniemonkie is awesome... but since she doesnt ill have to settle for tacomama.. cuz shes awesome too :D

its all about the monkie & the taco. lol lol lol :smiley: :laughing: sorry, couldnt find a taco pic. lol lol with sour cream!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::laughing:

Well, I just got back from a 10 hour emergency room visit. After Pete and Craig left we did one last sunset ride before loading up. My wife was on the quad in front of me and didn't see a 15 foot drop off. She did a pogo on the front end and injured her back, neck and wrist. The xrays and cat scan showed negative on broken bones, so she has major mucsle tears and whiplash. So, morale of the story is look before you leap, this could have been way worse and we feel blessed this is all that happened. Currently she is on some killer stuff for pain(the nurse said it was stronger than morphine). Otherwise it was a great weekend with great people.