accident behind comp

Gazlay43

anyone know what happened saturday night kind of on the back side of comp? i saw like 3 ambulances go back there and a bunch of people were parked on the hill with their lights facing something

Foxysandchick knows more but as far as I know a guy went over comp pinned in 3rd gear snapped the frame of a brand new raptor 700 they think the guy broke his back but not sure he was pretty hurt and they had to drag him down the back side of comp.

Just got home so trip report soon to come :coocoo:

anyone know what happened saturday night kind of on the back side of comp? i saw like 3 ambulances go back there and a bunch of people were parked on the hill with their lights facing something

My boy went up Comp when dark and we guess he thought it was flat up at the top but instead flew right over the lip onto the backside. He's a very experienced rider and just happened to get disoriented by the darkness (I assume). He'll be ok.

Edited by El Coyote

My boy went up Comp when dark and we guess he thought it was flat up at the top but instead flew right over the lip onto the backside. He's a very experienced rider and just happened to get disoriented by the darkness (I assume). He'll be ok.

I am sorry to hear your son got hurt.I hope he gets well soon.

Foxysandchick knows more but as far as I know a guy went over comp pinned in 3rd gear snapped the frame of a brand new raptor 700 they think the guy broke his back but not sure he was pretty hurt and they had to drag him down the back side of comp.

Just got home so trip report soon to come :DDRrocks:

Didn't go over in 3rd, didnt' snap the frame (I drove his bike back to our camp) and he didn't break his back. He broke a rib or two but he'll be ok.

My boys dragged him down Comp and onto the rescue vehicle.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding Danielle but when I said "My boy", I meant my buddy...he's an adult. Sorry for the confusion.

Gotcha :DDRrocks: well I hope he heals fast.It sucks to hear when anyone gets hurt.

Didn't go over in 3rd, didnt' snap the frame (I drove his bike back to our camp) and he didn't break his back. He broke a rib or two but he'll be ok.

My boys dragged him down Comp and onto the rescue vehicle.

Fuggin drunk stories LOL If were even talking about the same wreck who knows however Captkllm took three paramedics to the top of the hill now in which case I was drunk listening to the story so dont believe anything I say :)

Fuggin drunk stories LOL If were even talking about the same wreck who knows however Captkllm took three paramedics to the top of the hill now in which case I was drunk listening to the story so dont believe anything I say :)

Thank you Tina. Would Cptkllm be the guy in the rail?

If so, please let him know that we all sincerely thank him for his voluntary help! Actually, there are quite a few people we have to thank including the stand-up guys in the Rhino that lit up the area where my buddy laid for an hour or two. I've always said Dumont and DDR peoples rock! :DDRrocks:

Thank you Tina. Would Cptkllm be the guy in the rail?

If so, please let him know that we all sincerely thank him for his voluntary help! Actually, there are quite a few people we have to thank including the stand-up guys in the Rhino that lit up the area where my buddy laid for an hour or two. I've always said Dumont and DDR peoples rock! :DDRrocks:

Np and yes that was Captkllm and I will tell him for you I was a little :blury::blury: when they took off so I got the story when they got back in which case I was even more :blury::blury:

Hope your friend feels better.

Np and yes that was Captkllm and I will tell him for you I was a little :DDRrocks::blury: when they took off so I got the story when they got back in which case I was even more :blury::blury:

Hope your friend feels better.

Thank you!

I was :blury: too hence the reason for not riding up Comp....instead, I went around the back when I saw him fly up and over.

Richard Cheese aka Jason on here asked me to meet up with the DDR crew this weekend but time went by so fast that I didn't get a chance to meet any of you great peoples! I did meet a few folks out at the South Pole Saturday afternoon. We just happened to be there when everyone showed up. NikInVegas (sp?) was out there but I didn't get to see her. I did run into her bf though...cool peeps!!!!!!

CaptNkllm,

I see you're online...thank you for your help sir...we owe you.... :DDRrocks:

Nothing needed .. just well wishes to your friend...I just hope if I ever get hurt out there people will do what is needed (even if it means breaking or scratching something of theres). glad he is going to be ok. I was told that after the wreck he couldnt feel anything but when I was up there I heard him groaning when they moved him on the board. Glad he didnt break his back( had a friend do that 1 1/2 months ago) glad quad is fixable. Ccouple ribs? ahhh nothing but a scratch compared to what coulda been...your friend is very lucky and I was glad to beable to help.

Capt

Fugger Nick lol fix mine now...ahahhah do you know how long it takes me to type all that :blury:

Capt

:DDRrocks: It was me, David. I split the cleanup weekend topic up and you posted right when all the posts were moved. I moved your last post over. :blury:

Nothing needed .. just well wishes to your friend...I just hope if I ever get hurt out there people will do what is needed (even if it means breaking or scratching something of theres). glad he is going to be ok. I was told that after the wreck he couldnt feel anything but when I was up there I heard him groaning when they moved him on the board. Glad he didnt break his back( had a friend do that 1 1/2 months ago) glad quad is fixable. Ccouple ribs? ahhh nothing but a scratch compared to what coulda been...your friend is very lucky and I was glad to beable to help.

Capt

We are all extremely grateful he survived the jump and we expect him to be better in no time!

You guys are just like us...stand up group of people! It really is unfortunate that we have not yet met and partied!

I'm sorry if your sweet rail suffered a few nicks or scratches but I promise that we will make it up to you next season when we return for Halloween weekend!

:blury: :chug: :blury::blury: :6pak: :DDRrocks::blury: :drunk2:

We were sitting at camp and mentioned that those lights had been on the hill for awhile, so Bert took Pauly Paul, Sand~Snake and I over there in the Tracker to see what was going on. Bert tried to get to the guy in the Tracker when we found out that they couldn't get to him, but we couldn't get there. We were sitting there when the medics got there and we asked them if they needed the help of a sand rail, they said yes and we headed back and got CaptNkllm. He loaded 3 medics and their gear into his rail and took them to the guy, they were very grateful. Bert towed the Raptor the rest of the way down the hill, so that us helping you (El Coyote). I do have pics of the bike and the frame wasn't broken, the left side tires were flat and the plastics broken. We waited while the guy was being pulled down the hill on the back board to see if he was going to be ok. We were told he was conscious and in a lot of pain, but that he was doing ok. We heard that he couldn't feel his legs at 1 point, but glad to hear that is not the case. Keep us posted on how he is doing. Glad the DDR crew could be of assistance :DDRrocks: . Tell him to stop by the site when he is feeling better :D .

We were sitting at camp and mentioned that those lights had been on the hill for awhile, so Bert took Pauly Paul, Sand~Snake and I over there in the Tracker to see what was going on. Bert tried to get to the guy in the Tracker when we found out that they couldn't get to him, but we couldn't get there. We were sitting there when the medics got there and we asked them if they needed the help of a sand rail, they said yes and we headed back and got CaptNkllm. He loaded 3 medics and their gear into his rail and took them to the guy, they were very grateful. Bert towed the Raptor the rest of the way down the hill, so that us helping you (El Coyote). I do have pics of the bike and the frame wasn't broken, the left side tires were flat and the plastics broken. We waited while the guy was being pulled down the hill on the back board to see if he was going to be ok. We were told he was conscious and in a lot of pain, but that he was doing ok. We heard that he couldn't feel his legs at 1 point, but glad to hear that is not the case. Keep us posted on how he is doing. Glad the DDR crew could be of assistance :DDRrocks: . Tell him to stop by the site when he is feeling better :D .

Thanks Foxysandchick...I can't emphasize enough how grateful we are for everyone's help! I'm really speechless right now and really am having difficulty expressing my feelings in words.

We are all extremely grateful he survived the jump and we expect him to be better in no time!

You guys are just like us...stand up group of people! It really is unfortunate that we have not yet met and partied!

I'm sorry if your sweet rail suffered a few nicks or scratches but I promise that we will make it up to you next season when we return for Halloween weekend!

:blury: :chug: :blury::blury: :6pak: :DDRrocks::blury: :drunk2:

No .. no damage here....I told them go ahead and scratch whatever if its needed (I have touch up paint).

I would have been willing to dent or break something if it means a difference between life and death (it can always be fixed or replaced IMO)

Like I said .. glad he si ok.

Capt

From what I heard this morning, This is a good outcome.

I'm so glad he is going to be ok. :blury:

Thanks to everyone who stepped up and helped him. :blury:

:DDRrocks:

R-

Edited by Randog

i help bert load up the quad. the rear grab bar was busted on one side. it looked like the frame was a little twisted but was hard to tell with the tires and grab bar. hope he heals fast.

My truck was the truck onto which you guys loaded the quad.

Thanks!