accident behind comp

Gazlay43

Glad to hear he is ok! Thank god. That could have been ugly.

Who was it that was saying the control arms were all folded up? Somebody told me that Sat night. How is it that rumors like that get started? lol It's almost like if you tell a story about how someone crashes on a red Honda 450 and after 30 people hear about it the last guy hears that a purple sandrail rolled or some chit. :blury::DDRrocks:

I tried to get to him with the Tracker but there was just no way.I could make it farther than the Rhinos but not up to him.

I towed the quad down the hill and looked it over...a-arms looked fine but the sub-frame,plastics,front and rear bumpers were toast.

The main frame should be ok.

Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Good news that he's going too be ok. That must have been some scarry azz shizz, to flying though the dune at night thinking that there is still more hill to climb , :DDRrocks: and all you fill is air and engine reving. what would you do stay with it or abandon ship

Edited by ltr450

Good news that he's going too be ok. That must have been some scarry azz shizz, to flying though the dune at night thinking that there is still more hill to climb , :DDRrocks: and all you fill is air and engine reving. what would you do stay with it or abandon ship

I would abandon ship and take my chances. I always worried about doin that so I am real carefull

Capt

My wife and I took the medic off the chopper to the scene. He seemed to be in a lot of pain. I helped load him in the chopper. He was a big boy. Glad to hear he will be okay. Next time hopefully he won't be out riding in the dark intoxicated. Not trying to sound rude, but it is what it is.

Update:

Right punctured lung

Right collapsed lung

Right broken ribs

Partially broken neck

Injured collar bone

Injured back

He's on a ventilator and heavily medicated but will recover.

Thank you all again for your help!

I guess the 1st guesses on his injuries wasnt to far off.. Wow..Glad he will be ok and hope he recovers fast

Capt

• 8 months later...

I guess the 1st guesses on his injuries wasnt to far off.. Wow..Glad he will be ok and hope he recovers fast

Capt

Hey y'all!

I'm the guy that took that nasty flop over the top of Comp, on the Raptor, around March 15th.

I most definitely can't thank any of you enough for any help that you may have contributed to my making it off of the dune that night. sh*t happens, and it happened to me right then and there....Whadda ya do? It's amazing how fast your life kinda flashes in front of you... you could almost miss it without even knowing it.

I did in fact sustain quite a few injuries in that death defying leap, to include the broken neck, ribs, and collar bone..... but have now fully recovered. Again, thank you! I could tell you more than my fair share of stories from the almost two months that spent in UMC Las Vegas, but choose not to for my sake and yours (wasn't pretty)...maybe after a few beers.

WOW....I owe some people some beers for sure!!! Unfortunately I won't be making any trips to Dumont this season, as it's been determined that I should let things heal a bit longer, and the Raptor was totalled by the insurance. Yes, I'm in the market for a new one, though now considering something with a rollbar..maybe the Razor sport (?)...I hear they're renting them at Dumont this Thxgivin' for 100/hr......I figure that's plenty of time for me to get to the top of comp from vendors row....if it'll make it!..

Again....I thank you all, from from the bottom of my heart....God bless!

~Chris (Big Daddy K) :dunno: