Easter Weekend Trip Report

sand chick

also met up with the dude with the orange YFZ 450 stretched bad a$$ bike. :laughing:

Ya that was mine.Danny and I were out at the North Pole.Your Buckshot rails were sick as hell.Funniest part was when you guys asked how it dunes :beerpint: I said oh it dunes like a dream.You guys are like oh really,I said uh no it dunes like complete $hit :clap: We still had a real fun ride out there.It did actually ride ok on the dune trip to the North Pole.Danny was surprised how well we were truckin along.I led too by the way,lol.The only reason I could dune it was because the dunes were so smooth.It was nice meeting you guys out there.Real nice people. :laughing:

Edited by Sand_YFZ

got in there wednesday afternoon

didnt do much ridin cuz we were the only ones there

dunes were perfect

thursday did a bunch of ridin

new sprocket and chain are holdin up good

on friday we took a trip down armagosa....went alll the way past the white stuff mines

probably like 30 miles....everyone stops at the last river crossing but we went far...u could see a town off in the distance

some of the mines there are crazy...they had like train tracks goin down one of em and they were deep

there was a motor that would pull the cart out of the mine

there were also a bunch of older trashed cars down in a canyon

dont have pics cuz i didnt think id see that much but it was unbelieveable

sow the capn out there...followed by some blue buggy...followed u guys fer like a half a mile on my bike

also had some newcomers come down to dumont all the way from canada

they were over the hill from us and i donno how it got started but we just started talkin

good people tho

no broken parts...all in all best weekend of the season

didnt get any pics tho

havin too much fun :laughing:

Had a descent weekend with bigtruckdrmr.

We got there about 8:30 saturday morning and pulled into Andy's (dune rat) camp, I think they were just waking up. :laughing: Thank you again for taking us in, next time were bringing some food to add to the buffet, I felt like such a moocher.

Tami got real comfortable on the LTR and decided to go for a 50' jump, not really. We were on the flats to the west of the south pole, she punched it over a little finger dune, the front end came up and threw her off on the downside of the finger.

I didn't see it, I just looked back after about a 100' and she was already on the ground.

Luckily there was a guy in a Rhino sittin on top of the finger that came down to check on her, thank you very much if you're reading this.

She got the wind knocked out of her pretty good and a bruise on the butt with a sore back, but she was still able to take a ride in Andy's rail and had an absolute blast.

I love my LTR. Comp was pretty dead all weekend but got to race a few guys, and girl on an LTR, and beat 'em all, without a pipe may I add. I was pretty happy.

Got some pictures on Tami's camera so I will add them when I get my hands on it.

P.S. Pete, you're site is the best man. I was able to find some awsome people to camp and ride with this weekend instead of going alone and having to risk theft or a being alone with a bad injury. It definitely serves it's purpose. Thank you. :laughing:

Ok time to pull some pics and post them up from the gallery!! :pics:

The full moon Friday night!

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_001.jpg

A little tail! :laughing:

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_017.jpg

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_021.jpg

Smoothed out dunes with barely any tracks! :shocked2:

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_025.jpg

Northpole grouping :D

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_028.jpg

Action Shots :idiot:

Malibu

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_053.jpg

FasterDaddy

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_057.jpg

Barefoot

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_059.jpg

Capt. (I wish it would have been a little clearer)

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_103.jpg

Small Meet N Greet gathering :thumb:

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_077.jpg

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_089.jpg

Other pics

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_051.jpg

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_070.jpg

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_108.jpg

I actually ATE one of those Jalepenos! :blink: wasn't too bad until someone said my face was bright red!! :laughing:

And me and Britincali trying out the Sand~~Snake fire stand :lol: took us both to balance each other out!

normal_Easter_Weekend_08_132.jpg

Good times! Great ending to the dune season! Looking forward to some night rides and next season! Thank all of you for making this season a pretty awesome one! :D

The rest of the pics :pics:Easter Pics

Edited by sand chick

Great trip reoprts and pictures, everyone. :laughing:

P.S. Pete, you're site is the best man. I was able to find some awsome people to camp and ride with this weekend instead of going alone and having to risk theft or a being alone with a bad injury. It definitely serves it's purpose. Thank you. :laughing:

Thanks, Sean. It's great to hear that from time to time. :D Yes, I created the site but each and every one of you guys are the ones that make it what it is. :shocked2: I have met so many great people to go out with on any given weekend. :idiot:

ok i had a lil rest ill describe my weekend biitersweet with a great finally to the end of dune season.

1st day there i sat in a lawn chair with fasterdaddy and drank bloody marys all day we did nothing !! and it was awsom.

second day ) we decided to do a family run with a quick stop at comp on the way out ( big mistake) as usual i got hyper. that car just turnes me on !! started jumping out off the lip at comp from the comp side come down in third hit the lip and i was flyin like a bird !! i love it. then came a blown ls6 it looked fast so i stepped up. the first race he tapped his brakes kept rollin and said go. i was dead stopped. i still edged him out for a close win at the top. so i was a lil preturbed that he roll started so i said lets go again. well, he did it again rolled me and said go. i from a dead stop well , this made me mad .i nailed it passed him grabbed third and it jumped in and then jumped out. still excited i jammed it again it said boom !! so i of course i coasted to a dead stop. my shifter was jammed couldnt get any gear. so i rolled to the bottom and the mighty rescue ranger dragged my beast to camp. its only friday morning :( ( i thought well i get what i get) probably should have duned for a while and got settled in before going near that hill.

so capt showed up and i talked with him and went and took a nap i got on the 660 raptor for a ride and it convinced me i better do somthing to my car cause that thing just doesnt cut it. so i had an idea, and it worked !! i got first second and reverse back. it was dark so we started drinking ans left it .

sat morning) we took off and i figured well ill just cruise do slow family rides and hang out in my buggy that lasted ooooo about 2 seconds we hit the dunes behind banshee and it was all over i was out there in second given it hell. malibu and his freind jumped in line and we had a good run. then fasterdaddy didnt want to lead no more so i figured well im the slowest ill lead. so off i go. he he i knew i didnt have any top end for the long stuff so i dragged our groupe into the tight fast stuff. lol i stopped after about 10 min looked back and everybody was a dune behind :pics: when they pulled up they said i thought you only had second which i did lol i made em sweat lmao. we duned some more and headed back to camp. we all left north pole at scattered times so on the way back i see malibue on the face of the dunes facing camp he had founf a roller hill to pop wheelies and a lil jump so i jumped in on that and my car started to sputter so went back for fuel.

evening dune run was more exciting we found some good jumps. i hit one out by talledega that was near verticle i hit that sucker and went straight up in the air verticle like rocket man lol landed in a vert wheelie it was awsom. we found our women on there dune run and they were taking a break so we went over to them and we spied another jump so i started horsing around there. capt wife got some really cool pics there. we saw eliminator out there and talked with his crew . we were at the north pole i was looking at my car and noticed a cv boot had torn in half :thumb: aaaaaa fk !! so i nursed it back to camp and no more duning.

sunday we took the ranger and rhinos and went up sperry wash trail to the talc mines it was fun we had water fights and got sunburned but we kaughed and had a ball. we were tired and sunburned when we got home so i didnt want to post nothin. ill see whats on the camera and post it later.

observations)

dont race comp till your calmed down

dont think capt kllm is going to bring the right booz lol call first

tinas acrobatics need some work :pics:

capt still needs more flying lessons :laughing:

capt is the most non stop player i swear he never stops

brings his quad in to cool down and jumps right into his buggy he never sits still !! :idiot:

fasterdaddy needs his beadlocks or we may never get him to jump again.

kllm is the grill master !!

fasterdaddy and kllm have identical chicken legs

my wife wants her own rail :blink: ( she drove ours ) did a good job too

jeff dunham is funny sh*t

meeting the kllms and becoming closer friends with a few ddr people ( you no who you are ) has made this season one of the best seasons ive ever had . very memorable and fun awsome awsome awsome. :shocked2:

thank you guys for making a very entertaining season with new friends. :laughing:

great end to a great season !!!

how did the filming go?

Damn to long of a weekend deleat my first post & sorry for the triple pictures :idiot: Anyway heres a couple more

post-2263-1206377465_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206377710_thumb.jpg

i saw u guys in the back dunes haulin :shocked2: on saturday

we had a couple buggys on a dune and we watched

with a bunch of buggys behind

u were movin up until u hit a sideways drop off and all of us were like HEEEY WOOOAAAHHH YEEESSSS AWWW...1 by 1 u each hit it...we thought u guys were goin over

that was awesome

and u had i think a VW buggy and a dirtbike laggin behind if im not mistaken

Had a descent weekend with bigtruckdrmr.

We got there about 8:30 saturday morning and pulled into Andy's (dune rat) camp, I think they were just waking up. :laughing: Thank you again for taking us in, next time were bringing some food to add to the buffet, I felt like such a moocher.

Tami got real comfortable on the LTR and decided to go for a 50' jump, not really. We were on the flats to the west of the south pole, she punched it over a little finger dune, the front end came up and threw her off on the downside of the finger.

I didn't see it, I just looked back after about a 100' and she was already on the ground.

Luckily there was a guy in a Rhino sittin on top of the finger that came down to check on her, thank you very much if you're reading this.

She got the wind knocked out of her pretty good and a bruise on the butt with a sore back, but she was still able to take a ride in Andy's rail and had an absolute blast.

I love my LTR. Comp was pretty dead all weekend but got to race a few guys, and girl on an LTR, and beat 'em all, without a pipe may I add. I was pretty happy.

Got some pictures on Tami's camera so I will add them when I get my hands on it.

P.S. Pete, you're site is the best man. I was able to find some awsome people to camp and ride with this weekend instead of going alone and having to risk theft or a being alone with a bad injury. It definitely serves it's purpose. Thank you. :shocked2:

Hey, it was great havin you guys Sean. We will definitely have to do that again, hope Tami is feeling better. maybe we get to Havasu this summer when u guys are there. :idiot:

post-1333-1206457258_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1206457475_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1206457693_thumb.jpg

We were there from Sunday through Sunday. It was pretty windy Sunday and Monday - made for some great sand rides. Tues through Thur were great because there were hardly anyone there. Dunes got a little chopped up after that.

We were camped in the wash and the 2 jets came through and canyon and flew what seemed to be 100 feet above our heads. They waived with their wings, did some roll overs and then went balistic, almost straight up. That was great. The last time we were in the wash, we had to A-10's do the same thing.

On Friday, about 5:00 pm we were just lighting our BBQ and heard some quads going over the old railroad tracks at the back of the wash. We were camped at the very end of the wash. A girl of about 15 years old went sliding down the side and hit the cement where the hole for water comes out. She went sailing about 20 feet, came down on her head and then was just laying there. I got in my buggy to get help and we were lucky. Coming up the wash was a BLM truck. They put a neck brace on her, put her on a curny, called in the helicopter. Don't know what happened to the girl. Her Honda 250ex was pretty messed up. We had a Rhino with a winch and got it out for her. Some friends later came and hauled it out of there.

Later that night, about 9:00pm, went to comp and watched some great drags up the hill. There were about 4 rails doing wheelies straight up the hill.

Great week. I had so much fun I'm going again this weekend.

Edited by ahsumtoy