Ok to metal detect at Dumont?

• 2 weeks later...

you will most likely find all kind of stuff if you find a key to a raptor its mine

:shocked2: :laughoff:

Heads up, I did find a raptor key over New Years this season and turned it in to the vender that sells the T-shirts (3 for $15 or whatever it is). It was in front of their spot.

I carry an inexpensive metal detector in my toyhauler. Not just to hunt for "treasure", but to assist in finding dropped bolts, screws, keys, wrenches, keys, washers, keys, lug nuts, sockets, etc. Oh yeah, did I mention Keys? When a few people get together and indulge in the liquid courage, you never know what will happen. I Always carry extra keys for everything, but not everyone does. It has come in handy in the sand on a few occasions!

Thats a good idea, I also take 2 sets of keys since over the years I left alot of metal objects in the sand when I had 2 teens with sandrails and they liked to use my tools.

I even left a VW block in the sand after getting a ticket for my son lighting it on fire, Ranger said it will burn all up since there is no way to put it out!