New California law for kids on OHVs

everytime i hear about age restrictions i think about all the rhino babysitting going on. ever trip out i see kids young under 10 hauling around in rhinos. they dont look around they are mostly unsupervised and i have almost been hit a few times.

i think laws on the books already cover this but i havent ever seen one stopped by the leos. if they would enforce laws they have i dont see a need for more restrictive ones. comes back to personal responsibility, if you have TAUGHT your child how to ride and be safe. had them grow with the right machines then i would be mad about this law also. but if you just give them the keys and away they go then you get knee jerk laws like this that punish everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

All this crap about rider age and atv size brings back memories of when I was 17 and still had to go to a fuggin PEDIATRICIAN for doctor visits! It so sucked to sit there with nuthin to read but Hilights, Dr "Seuss, and rug rats runnin around seeing the same Dr!

Just because of my age, I was still a "child". I had a job, a car, responsibilities etc, but had to see a kiddie Dr!

There are children who can ride a high powered atv better than some adults, and there are some who should stay on a 50 for several years. (Parents too)

If there is adequate skills, training, and common sense, there should be no restriction on who rides what.

we went looking yesterday for string cheese. he is too small for a 50, plus a 50 4 stroke in the sand? :laughing:

anyway, EVERY dealership had a sign on the sales floor, that was something to this effect, "AGE LIMITS STRICKLY ENFORCED!!"

I saw a kid and his father....the dad said his son was 10 yrs old...the kid sat on a honda 90, and his knees where angling UP which means the bike is too small for him.

string sat on it and it was perfect for him.

what a crock of chit

Edited by richard cheese

• 3 weeks later...