Trucker Strikes?

WHIZ

I heard about this possibly happening but haven't heard of any actually doing it yet. Its kind of a catch 22. It would be good to see it happen so maybe they'd do something about the rediculous prices, but at the same time the country would be screwed.

Crazymexeddie drives a truck for a living and he tells me its really bad right now. Its so hard for them to make any money.

I have been told that a few of the trucking companies are going to strike to get the costs of fuel down but then it will raise the cost of food since I have been told the strike would be all shipping companies joining in from ships to trains to trucks. Like Pete said it will screw things up but someone needs to step up and leave no other option.

It's only going to get worse. The only problem with owner/operators and small trucking companys going on strike is that big companys will pick up the slack. It's the little guys paying 4+dollars a gallon for fuel. The big companys purchase fuel under contract and are not paying pump prices.....everything will go through the roof. Look at it like this, truckers deliver everything except baby's.

I agree! Diesel should be way cheaper then regular anyway!

Yes, apparently back East the independents have caused major slow downs on major highways and such. I haven't seen anything out here though.

I would hate to see a real strike by drivers, the US would be screwed real quick.

It's only going to get worse. The only problem with owner/operators and small trucking companys going on strike is that big companys will pick up the slack. It's the little guys paying 4+dollars a gallon for fuel. The big companys purchase fuel under contract and are not paying pump prices.....everything will go through the roof. Look at it like this, truckers deliver everything except baby's.

Yeah, I wish we could pay the contract price for diesel! Sure makes you think twice about where and how far you drive these days! :poop_hittin_the_fan:

I agree! Diesel should be way cheaper then regular anyway!

Yes, apparently back East the independents have caused major slow downs on major highways and such. I haven't seen anything out here though.

I would hate to see a real strike by drivers, the US would be screwed real quick.

It would be great if we could have some kind of strike.. at least to get some attention... but the indipendendent truckers have been hit so hard.. they cant afford to take a day off work..

I have been told that a few of the trucking companies are going to strike to get the costs of fuel down but then it will raise the cost of food since I have been told the strike would be all shipping companies joining in from ships to trains to trucks. Like Pete said it will screw things up but someone needs to step up and leave no other option.

yes they are doing that

its been all over the news :lol:

ur probably right on the strike but if they dont do it now we're screwed in the end

higher fuel prices cause higher food proces...its simple economics...if the price of an important item goes up...inflation will occur....with the gas prices going up the cost of food will go up along with everything else

prices will be raised on products so that the producers are able to pay for gas...its a circular motion of money except when it comes to gas alot of it goes in and only a little gets back into recirculation

its not only the camel jockeys that are raisin the prices...u can thank the :hello: holes at the newyork stock exchange...they raise the price of the gas stock...they speculate...betrayed by our own fellow americans

also...around .40$ of it goes towards taxes...i donno if uve got taxes in nevada on gas

heres another part where the environmentalists :poop_hittin_the_fan: are FU%^ING everyone over :bawl:

there a $h!+ load of oil in alaska...also theres just as much off the coast of texas...the environmentalists are keeping us from drilling....we get obama or hillary in there...they will keep the drilling stalled or make an amendment to stop it :bawl::bawl:

the failure of our economy is due to the rising gas prices...if we can neutralize that then we're in business

right now the value of our dollar is lower than most of the world

research where else in the US we can get some oil and why we aint gettin it

it should be easy to find

and most of u may already know this

someones gotta find a way to get these prices down

im paying $100 a tank :bawl::thumb: i drop a tear everytime