2.0/2.5 subi specs...

Yoshi

Was curious if I could get some numbers from anyone with a 2.0 or a 2.5 subi and a tranny bolted up. Was thinking about a built 091, but if there is something else you would recommend that doesn't weigh a ton, feel free to put your motor tranny combo and fill in the blanks for measurements. Since i've had quite a few people ask about a subi as an option, I was gonna see how much changing I would have to do to the rear motor compartment to get it in, the width is what concerns me, around 31" is what I believe the motor currently is..

I need height of the motor and tranny, length of the motor, length of the motor with the tranny, width of the motor, width of the tranny, and the distance to the center of the cv flanges from the back of the motor.

Is your setup mid or rear as well, any pics you may have would be appreciated as well....

So, thank ya much for any help...

post-423-1207837563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

I have that setup in my car. I am running a turboed 2.5 with a built 091. On the motor measurement do you want the exhaust and turbo included or just enough to clear the pulleys? I can probably get some measurements this weekend for you. It is in my trailer at my father-in-laws right now accross town from me. Let me know if no one answers you.

Later Yoshi!

I have that setup in my car. I am running a turboed 2.5 with a built 091. On the motor measurement do you want the exhaust and turbo included or just enough to clear the pulleys? I can probably get some measurements this weekend for you. It is in my trailer at my father-in-laws right now accross town from me. Let me know if no one answers you.

Later Yoshi!

guess i'm looking for the biggest it could be with a turbo so I know how much space I need to allow for...

Now you really have my interest, I'm diggin how your cars look so different. When it is time to build stick with a 2.5L sohc or dohc WAY more torque. I'll be watching to see if you figure out a way to put a 2.5 intercooled subi and a 2d in there :laughoff:

Now you really have my interest, I'm diggin how your cars look so different. When it is time to build stick with a 2.5L sohc or dohc WAY more torque. I'll be watching to see if you figure out a way to put a 2.5 intercooled subi and a 2d in there :laughoff:

2.0 and 2.5 have the same motor mounts to my knowledge, putting a bigger trans would not be a problem, just cost more, adds more weight, and will limit some of the travel, as the flanges are above centerline, where they are below centerline in an 091.

I realize there is more power with a 2.5, but i'm guessing the rail will weigh under 1700 pounds with a 2.0, and the 220-280 hp it produces is able to be run through a built 091 with no problems, so it will be lighter and cheaper to go with a turbo 2.0. I'm just gonna bump the frame tubing up to either 1.5" or 1-3/4". I only need to widen the rear motor cage about 3.5" on each side, and my design is already big enough to handle the power...

post-423-1208212674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

Ive had a couple of each (2.0's and 2.5's) the 2.0's are definatly not lacking on power by any means, the power is just produced more like a 2 stroke. You can short shift the 2.5's and lug up just about anything, with the 2.0 it is a little flat on the bottom.. A built 091 would be sufficient with either motor stock. HOWEVER, a closed deck, 2.5 with a built motor and intercooler in a car that light sure sounds like some fun! :laughoff:

i had a 2.5 from metric motors with a 2d in a S/U car that was extremely light...... it was a rocket ship and reliable

also, fwiw the mounts are the same for a 2.0 and 2.5 and everything is interchangeable between the two. the sti 2.5 is bullet proof with a good set of pistons. the stock pistons tend to break/crack ring landings. I have a street car subaru sti and can help with a lot if needed

Edited by got boost?

i had a 2.5 from metric motors with a 2d in a S/U car that was extremely light...... it was a rocket ship and reliable

also, fwiw the mounts are the same for a 2.0 and 2.5 and everything is interchangeable between the two. the sti 2.5 is bullet proof with a good set of pistons. the stock pistons tend to break/crack ring landings. I have a street car subaru sti and can help with a lot if needed

I appreciate the offer, and will be taking you up on that when I get a motor over here to start mocking up...

yosh ive had a 2.0 on 22lbs of boost and it was like a banshee on crack , when it blew up i went to a semi built 2.5 intercooled with a nitrous intercooler fogger in a4 seater now i have a built 2.5 close deck sleeved cranck rods pistons headsported and intercooled on 15lbs of boost and it is to much for the two seater i have now. but either one of the set ups will be more than enough for one of your cars. if you have any ? fill free to hit me up ive been running these motors for 4 years now and have put them together except my built 2.5 that i have now