MOVIES FILMED AT DUMONT

randyvw

I enjoy seeing dumont in movies, so it was suggested i start a list of movies made at our beloved dunes. please add to it. ANOTHER 48 HOURS. THE HULK. HIDALGO. I will add more later.

What would be really cool would to see some of the footage from those movies that was shot there. Somebody or some thread on this site mentioned Beverly Hills Cop II being shot there and they actually moved a dune to open up access to Comp? :headbang1:

Keep in mind that Dumont Dunes has not always been around nor is it mentioned in all movies that were filmed there. It's true name and more common in movie filming locations is Death Valley.

If you really want to research this topic, go to www.IMDB.com. They have listings of every movie ever made and list locations. Dumont dunes only comes up on a few but if you check Death Valley you get a better return. Hmmm Tattonie in Star Wars is Death Valley. I always thought it was Glamis :headbang1:

What would be really cool would to see some of the footage from those movies that was shot there. Somebody or some thread on this site mentioned Beverly Hills Cop II being shot there and they actually moved a dune to open up access to Comp? :headbang1:

No it was Another 48 hours and yes they did cut that finger on the entrance to comp to get the bar back there and all the other vehicles.

That finger dune is slowly but surely being built back up.I dont know if it will ever make contact with the

face dune though.

No it was Another 48 hours and yes they did cut that finger on the entrance to comp to get the bar back there and all the other vehicles.

That finger dune is slowly but surely being built back up.I dont know if it will ever make contact with the

face dune though.

Seems to me that from what I remember from my first trip til now the entrance was much narrower in only a few years time. I don't know for sure though since I almost always go the back way from pooper 3 during the day and only go through the whoops at night and only to get there.

face dune though.

Is it on the left of the entrance to comp? That's interesting. A movie company can come out and literally change or cut through a dune, but the OHV riders get crap for riding in the dunes. Crazy! :laughing:

• 1 month later...

Is it on the left of the entrance to comp? That's interesting. A movie company can come out and literally change or cut through a dune, but the OHV riders get crap for riding in the dunes. Crazy! :barf:

this map at the line between 5 and 6 above a....this finger was one all the way across over 20 years ago

map

Edited by sanddunesaddict

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hidalgo was filmed at Dumont

wish i had said that.....oh, i did. anyways, thanks for the bump....woulda thought there would be more movies than this miserable showing....c'mon peeps. put on your thinking caps

• 3 weeks later...

My brother-n-law is a key grip for the movie industry in Las Vegas. I knew he had been a part of many movies and commercials at dumont. I asked what movies he knew of being done there. Here is a list that he knew of plus he says he does tons of commercials all the time for cars, off-rode vehicles, etc:

Sleeper Cell (2005 TV series)

Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Aurora - 1998

Bleak Future - 1997

Burial Society - 2002

The Core - 2003

Drifter - 2007

Hildago - 2004

Hulk - 2003

I Robot - 2004

Land of the Lost

Line in the Sand

Mystery of the Nile - 2005

Sands of Oblivion - 2007

The Siege - 1998

Soldier of God - 2005

just heard there's a deal to make a movie "killing rommel".....some of you will remember last year they made a youtube movie at dumont about the book out recently by the same title. i for one will be looking to see that movie.....will be about the british chasing rommel through the dunes of africa during ww2....talk about old school duning! i know it's early to be talking about this, but one o these days they will be filming it....who knows. dumont or glamis is my guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

I know I'm over a decade late on this thread, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned the "The Cell" from 2000 with Jennifer Lopez, Vince Vaughn, and Vincent D'Onofrio. The very first scene has to be Dumont. I mean, I haven't been there for 20 years, but I've been there at least 20 times, and the details of the sand, and layout of the dunes (from Dead Horse Bowl to The Face, and all the way down the Armagosa) are burned into my mind. 

It looks like they brought in a rotten ship and some dead trees for the scene, but other than that...it's all Dumont!

(After all that, I am probably wrong.)

• Like 1