2 Stroke Carb adjustment

TeamGreen

Does anyone know how to adjust a carb on a 2 stroke? My son messed with the screws on his Suzuki Jr50 & it won't start now. It ran perfect before he messed it up. I inspected the bike & found no other tampering. It's a 1999-2000 model. Please help me!

dunefreak is right, usually the idle air mixture screw between the slide and air cleaner side and a throttle stop (idle speed) screw on the side usually centered with the slide. Newer 4-strokes have a idle/low speed fuel screw on the bottom between the slide and head. A rule of thumb is if the screw is between the slide and head it meters fuel and between the slide and air filter meters air. If the little mechanic used a screwdriver and tightened the screw tight it may have distorted the metering surface area of the screw/seat. Usually 1-1/2 (one and a half) turns out will be a start and after warm up adjust it and the throttle/idle stop screw.

Does anyone know how to adjust a carb on a 2 stroke? My son messed with the screws on his Suzuki Jr50 & it won't start now. It ran perfect before he messed it up. I inspected the bike & found no other tampering. It's a 1999-2000 model. Please help me!

:laughoff: reminds me of the time when I was little. My friend next door and I thought it would be a good idea to tear our dads riding lawn mowers apart to see if we could make them go faster. Dad came home early that day!!! :whistle: I don't know what pissed him off more, the tear down of the mowers or the fact that his tools were spread all over the garage!!! :rolleyes:

dunefreak is right, usually the idle air mixture screw between the slide and air cleaner side and a throttle stop (idle speed) screw on the side usually centered with the slide. Newer 4-strokes have a idle/low speed fuel screw on the bottom between the slide and head. A rule of thumb is if the screw is between the slide and head it meters fuel and between the slide and air filter meters air. If the little mechanic used a screwdriver and tightened the screw tight it may have distorted the metering surface area of the screw/seat. Usually 1-1/2 (one and a half) turns out will be a start and after warm up adjust it and the throttle/idle stop screw.

Right on the button, Follow these directions and he'll runnin' again

Right on the button, Follow these directions and he'll runnin' again

It worked! It fired right up & I let it warm up & fine tuned it & she runs sharp-n-crisp. We went ridin today & had a ball. He was so cute following me & then he got independent & started doin his own ridin. He used 2 tanks of gas & rode for about 4 hrs. on-n-off. Yes, we got dirty & summer isn't here yet! hehehe :duniemonkie:

It worked! It fired right up & I let it warm up & fine tuned it & she runs sharp-n-crisp. We went ridin today & had a ball. He was so cute following me & then he got independent & started doin his own ridin. He used 2 tanks of gas & rode for about 4 hrs. on-n-off. Yes, we got dirty & summer isn't here yet! hehehe :duniemonkie:

hah...my sons three and he loves his lt50. he will ride untill he cant move anymore.