Closure Threat From The CBD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kill that fu@kin lizard now and add it to the list of spieces killed off! I say we all take up arms, pack up, go take over Kelso, see if they can stop hundreds of thousands of angry off-roaders at high speeds tearing up the dunes. Hell they can't /won't stop illegal aliens from marching and stopping traffic! :smiley: We need a "destroy the environment" terroist group to balance things out. I really don't care how ignorant this sounds right now; rising gas prices, Iran making nukes, more middle east terrorist threats against the US, and now more and more of this BS, better have a dam good time now-who knows what tomorrow will bring! :beerpint:

There are too many of the lizards to kill off, first you have to FIND them... :headbang:

I've only seen 2 lizards at Dumont over the past 21 years!!! But then again, I'm duning :headbang: Those lizards (not sure what kind?) were in the hard pack areas too.

I too would LOVE to ride the Kelso dunes (or the Ibex, Eureka, Panamint, Saline,,,ect...) that are now closed to OHV's. One question for you Bomb,,, how do you suggest getting "hundreds of thousands of angry off-roaders" together??? That really is the KEY to us getting ALL of our OHV problems under control, communications to the masses... :smiley:

I'm thinking we should just figure out where the CBD "big wigs" golf, insted of going to the dunes buy out there tee times for a couple of weeks and they will probabnly never bother Dumont again..... :smiley:

Hey,,, I like that... :headbang:

but these a-holes probably don't play golf, that would hurt the poor green grass...oh the humanity!!! :smiley:

There are too many of the lizards to kill off, first you have to FIND them... :rolleyes:

I've only seen 2 lizards at Dumont over the past 21 years!!! But then again, I'm duning :grin: Those lizards (not sure what kind?) were in the hard pack areas too.

I too would LOVE to ride the Kelso dunes (or the Ibex, Eureka, Panamint, Saline,,,ect...) that are now closed to OHV's. One question for you Bomb,,, how do you suggest getting "hundreds of thousands of angry off-roaders" together??? That really is the KEY to us getting ALL of our OHV problems under control, communications to the masses... :thumb:

:argue:

you have to unite all the community dirt sand rock riding on your own property.

we need a united voice every one fighting for their own little piece of sand will get beat down by hugh groups :finger: sierra club :finger: cbd :finger: nature conservancy :finger:

we need to find a way to band corva fod,food, fog, rock crawlers, one group one loud voice and it will take alot of $$ to keep our rights

my wallets is ready

:beercheers:

Just do it, go on ASA site, here, off-road.com, rock crawler sites, every motorhead site you can think of. Get Sand Sports to write a small news article, ask other leading off-road mags to do the same, have BRC, COVRA, SCORE, SNORE and others put it on their web sites and newsletters. Make it the day after Thanksgiving weekend so everyone is already on the road anyhow! Pick a date, follow above instructions, get their early and see how many show up, if enough, unload and start riding. Contact the news media, this is a great deterant if LEO's show up and try getting ruff.

We need national coverage to show we're serious and we're not going to be pushed any further. I'm sick of all this polically correct BS; "don't go in the closed areas", "let's have a clean-up weekend to show we care about the dunes", ect. These people don't give a sh!t if we were to sacrifice our first born children for them and the dunes. They will continue to take from us until there is nothing left! What we need to hear is "we better quit fu@kin with the dunners or there going to kick our a$$e$!

Maybe they could spend their energy stopping all the BS solictation mail I get every day and save a few million trees a year! Hell, I'de help em with that one! It's time to matters in our own hands, we the people, together are stong. No politicians are going to help us until we make ourselves a major pain in someone's a$$!

We've been trying this nice crap for years, and every year we lose another chunk! How much money did we spend at Glamis, boy that was worth it! We must start taking back a chunk every year, but everyone must be willing to sacrifice! Protest, b*tch, and yes break the law! What could they do...sue us for property damage, "oh did I move some sand around"!

We organize a short demonstration at Kelso, followed by a short ride on the dunes, have a secret meeting place with our tow vehicles, and an alternate if LEO's show up. Now is the time for EXTREME!!

If you are concerned about this,AND YOU SHOULD BE VERY CONCERNED! Please join the Friends of Dumont Duners! It only costs $24.00 per year for families and $100.00 year for businesses. We are warning you now they are coming and we need to start NOW to stop this BS!!

FoDD Applications will be posted very soon at the www.friendsofdumontdunes.org website and as soon as I get them I will post one here for you to sign up with.

Terry

I may be willing to contribute to help this situation. But what will my money do to stop this kind of thing from happening? Is there petitions we can sign or something to that affect as well? Just want to help save our home away from home!

"We have a battle on our hands and it's going to take alot of cooperation and MONEY to win.

Please protect our dunes and your RIGHT to enjoy them."

Couldn't have said it better!! :beercheers:

THE BOMB- I am with ya and have had the same thought many times.

ynot and Sailaway-it'd be SO great if people could sign-up online and pay online likes DUNERS.org has. You'd get a lot more people to sign up.

Mike they do have the online form up, they just need to get paypal or something in order for payment :laughing:

online form

Sweet. I'm a paid member :)

it does link you to PayPal after you fill out the form.

oh sweet! I did not know that! :laughing: I was gonna mail in my app tomorrow but I'm all set now too! :finger2: I am now a supporting business member of FoDD! :flipoff: Anything that helps..I'm in!

I just PayPal'd as a Business Member. I would have done more. The site should promote contributions via payPal and leave the amount open.

Now to the basics here..

I spent three years as a BLM RAC member representing permitted recreation (Desert Racing). Our job was to hammer out and present policy that worked for all, too include real conservationists, ranchers, miners, off-roaders, the wild horse people etc. I am proud of my time with the BLM and I'll be going back for another stint when I can clear personal time. Arse-hats like the Sierra Club and the CBD were only permitted in during public comment periods to make continuous, utter fools of themselves.

I will tell you that every single thing you do to fight for your liberties and rights matters. You can sit on your butt and let someone else do it or get involved some how some way. If you choose the former, then good riddance! Go take up pottery or some other activity akin to your laziness.

FODD, I advice you to band with ORBA, ASA and EcoLogic Partners ASAP.

As for a protest ride! COUNT ME IN 100%!

My old and dear Friend Rick "Superhunky" Sieman mastered that exposure back in the days of S21 in SoCal. Rick knows how to fight. He'll be at our annual chili cookoff on 6/10. If any FODD folks need some insight and incite :-) Rick can get you in gear. See http://www.baja.net/chili/

Edited by pjcnlv

I will also add that is your duty to educate the idiots away from supporting the eco-guilt corporations. Get in debate with these narrow minded arse-hats at every opportunity. You will find that the overwhleming majority have weak convictions on this matter and will listen and often change their minds.

State facts, numbers, percentages, etc. Don't BS. Don't froth at the mouth. Logic, honestly and morallity are on our side.

Go get 'em!

Edited by pjcnlv

I just PayPal'd as a Business Member. I would have done more. The site should promote contributions via payPal and leave the amount open.

You can

go to friendsofdumontdunes.org

left side there is an donation botton , no question asked, nothing to fill out :headbang: (except what paypal is asking you)

or

you can send a check to :

Friends of Dumont Dunes

20708 Nashville Street

Chatsworth, CA 91311

please make check payable to "Friends of Dumont Dunes"

this way paypal does not get their part of the money :rainbow1:

BTW V8Rail is also proud FoDD business member

Edited by v8rail

If anyone would like to call Mr. Patterson and give him a piece of their mind, his # is; (removed). Maybe if we make his life as miserable as he is trying to make ours he won't have so much time to count weeds and lizards! :rainbow1:

Edited by dunefreak

If you are concerned about this,AND YOU SHOULD BE VERY CONCERNED! Please join the Friends of Dumont Duners! It only costs $24.00 per year for families and $100.00 year for businesses. We are warning you now they are coming and we need to start NOW to stop this BS!!

FoDD Applications will be posted very soon at the www.friendsofdumontdunes.org website and as soon as I get them I will post one here for you to sign up with.

Terry

I will be signing up for a business membership and sending my check in tomorrow. Haven't been around for a few weeks, so I didn't see this thread. The check is in the mail tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody read this Click here! Pay close attention to the map of the places they say ORVs are using.This is what we are up against.

I don't really see what the problem is because I see lizards like that all over here in 29 Palms. They are probably a different subspecies but maybe not.

Nope, same lizard. In a nutshell, they are attempting to make just the lizards found at and around Dumont a species of their own. I just wrote a 5 page letter to the Interior regarding this latest load of crap from the CBD. Finding 2 of our club photos within their petition made me want to :dunno: those losers...

As far as I'm told, the FWS is in their 90 day first look at the petition. If they don't respond to the CBD then they will have to sue to get the FWS to look at it and determine if they Will or Won't look into the petition farther. Unlike the PMV plant at Glamis, we now have the time to discredit the information they presented before it could get listed, much easier and WAY less expensive to do. This was done recently with the BOGUS CBD's petition on the Andrew’s dunes scarab beetle. They first filed that beetle listing petition in December 2002 and were just denied this year... :laughoff: