the official ddr summer night drags

quad~dizzle

dunefreak, what does it take to get a permit, im sure we could drum up enough cash from the guys interested. I know I would be more than happy to throw some money in. what could it be a couple hundred?

If you permit as an event you might be opening a can of worms.....liability insurance and things like that may be required. Just a thought.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunefreak, what does it take to get a permit, im sure we could drum up enough cash from the guys interested. I know I would be more than happy to throw some money in. what could it be a couple hundred?

bad idea. i don't mind following rules and paying fees, but lets not just go opening doors for them to take more money...i'd like to think that responsible duners are not rule breakers...just rule BENDERS.

we shouldn't pay them more money to go hang out at the dunes....just think of it as a really big camp.

naa the weekend if the 15th 16th cuz thats my birthday weekend and if you dont like it ill just start banning people :P

Eff that, you or prez give me the hammer!!!!! I'll start banning and have this place cleaned up in two minutes!!!!!! :laughing:

Eff that, you or prez give me the hammer!!!!! I'll start banning and have this place cleaned up in two minutes!!!!!! :banghead:

OH CRAP!! :lol::banghead::laughing::dunno::lol:

Craig with controls???

Dang!! I hope I am still on your good side and not one of the first ones banned!! :slap::lol::D:lol::lol:

I'm not sure exactly how much a permit is for an event like that (if you'd even need one). I wouldn't even attempt it if we would need one though. You have no idea how strict they (the BLM) are with things. Sean had permit, insurance, EMT's, restroom facility for his event, etc etc and STILL got nailed bad.

If you permit as an event you might be opening a can of worms.....liability insurance and things like that may be required. Just a thought.

exactly. :laughing:

bad idea. i don't mind following rules and paying fees, but lets not just go opening doors for them to take more money...i'd like to think that responsible duners are not rule breakers...just rule BENDERS.

we shouldn't pay them more money to go hang out at the dunes....just think of it as a really big camp.

Well explain that to the BLM when they wanna start writing tickets. They don't always see things our way. Some of them are on our side and unfortunatley others aren't. :(

No worries guys. It isn't much different from a holiday weekend out there, just on a smaller scale. We can still go out and have fun, but we just have to make sure if we bring lights we aren't breaking any rules. I just have a feeling that annoucing it on a website, talking about it online with a large group of people, getting lights together and setting them up out there....the BLM MAY look at that as an organized event. It may just be a matter of having lights or not. We'll see. Regardless of lights or not, I'm down to go out there, do some riding, and hang at the hill and enjoy some summer nighttime sand with everyone . :D:banghead:

im down with that ^^^^ I wasnt trying to make a bad idea, or open any can of worms, it was just alot of fun with the lights out there. I always miss they ddr meets so hopefully I can get to meet some of the guys here out there...

im down with that ^^^^ I wasnt trying to make a bad idea, or open any can of worms, it was just alot of fun with the lights out there. I always miss they ddr meets so hopefully I can get to meet some of the guys here out there...

Not a problem. I agree- the time we had the lights was awesome. If we can do the lights, then cool. If not, yeah whatever. Looking forward to meeting up. :laughing:

you would think being in the middle of the summer blm wont even be out there....

Probably not, but who is gonna step forward and take the heat if they are out there and require permits, etc? It aint gonna be me. I doubt anyone wants that responsibility.

... but then again they probally go on this site for info :banghead:

...and yep, I know for a fact that the BLM has in the past and does read some of this stuff from time to time. :banghead::laughing:

Instead of having a big DDR camp, why not break up into several smaller circles all within a small area. :laughing:

This little gig sounds cool though. If it happens I would be down to head out.

Usually everyone parks pretty much together or nearby. There isn't much of a camp though. We all hang out at Banshee Hill at night at run the hill all night instead of hanging at camp.

brit as long as its a full moon its great.. but with no moon.. i wont try it.. I havent looked at a calendar yet so i dont know when the full moon is for august.

Your full moon's are as follows:

June 7th

July 7th

and

August 6th

:beercheers::drinkbeer:

last year some guys did park there trucks/buggies on the hill to light it up. but I think the best part of the 1 time was the "christmas tree" at the bottom of the hill...

that was Raptoroy and Ben , thanks guys !!

if we did it the weekend of the 9th that would be our best chances for us 2 wheeler folk to play on the hill since under a full moon its almost like riding during the day :P ok not really but you can see and its not as bad..

if we did it the weekend of the 9th that would be our best chances for us 2 wheeler folk to play on the hill since under a full moon its almost like riding during the day :P ok not really but you can see and its not as bad..

sounds like a plan stan :mc::drinkbeer:

first off :thumb: i like old elton john 68 to about 76

second off ANYBODY that even listens to celine dion is :lol:

third if it comes off before aug i wont be there heck i havnt even started working on my car yet :laughoff:

so kiss my :laughing: and make it a love story

:watching: anybody got a problem with bee gees !!!! :dope: