Just picked up the new rail

dunefreak

post-591-1211863821_thumb.gif Awesome Pete! post-591-1211863821_thumb.gif

:dunno: I thought you were gonna get the BIG holes in the side panels this time?? :censored:

Dude, I'm stoked for you guys. Yiah MuffHuggin' Yiah. :dope::beat:

:dope: You gonna bring it to Havasizzzle so we can see it in person??? :lol:

:bowdown::driver::grin::clap::laughing::banghead::banghead::laughoff:

Great colors. Very original. I like it mang. :laughoff:

R-

:foshizz:

Oh yeah, Them lights look awesome on your car.

No...not bring it to Havasu! :dope::lol: And no more HOLES in the side panels :shake::laughoff::dunno::lol:

nice new bright green Mutha Bitchezz smiley right there. :laughing::censored:

Thanks man. I love the lights too. They match the car perfect! :censored: I think need to upgrade my stator though. This car has a new radiator that uses TWO fans now so the charging system can barely run the low beams, tailight, and fans. Add two more lights to that and it really runs down the batt voltage. :( I'm gonna look into doing a stator upgrade and then an Odyssey battery. That should do it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest compliant I had about those rails was the lack of a B pillar, looks like you got that covered, and they actually build a really nice looking car.

I like the satin black frame, i'm building 3 rails right now like that..

How does it turn with the smoothies only on the front end?

The only time it's any issue is at very slow speeds in tight areas of camp. And that's only because it is a live axle (no diff). No tire in the world would make a difference at that point. It dunes great though and turns awesome. :driver:

VERY VERY nice Pete!!!! Congrats on the new car!!

Love the new colors looks awesome. I was wondering why you didn't borrow the trailer to go get it but now I see why. You squeezed a camp trip in on the trip!!

:breakdance: :driver:

Guest Crasher

The car looks great Pete!! Congrats. Are you going to put any graphics on it or just leave it as is?? Either way, it looks awesome. :driver:

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the compliments. I was very hesitant to go so different at first. I am usually a very simple kinda guy and usually don't go too crazy with colors and stuff, but when I started to really think about the satin black frame, then the metallic bright azz gren up against it...I had to do it. Bert and KensColors kinda gave me the nudge to do it too. They helped me re-enforce my desicion whether it would look bitchen. :laughoff: Thanks guys. :D

Pete car looks great I didn't think I'd like the green and black but it looks great

congrats it looks real beefy with the extra bracing. Does it feel more solid than the

the old car :mob::thumb:

Thanks Brice. I can't really tell yet. I know for a fact that when you pick up on the front end it is definielty heavier than before. That is a good thing though. It's SOLID! :bar: I didn't dune it to much up at LS. I mostly hit some trails and climbed some hills so it was hard to tell if it was any more rigid feeling. I'm sure after one good azz run with the usual crew at Dumont I'll tell a difference. LS had very steep hills, wet, soft sand, much higher elevation, and different dunes than Dumont so it's hard to really tell if it will feel any different until I bring her out to D. :lol:

I was wondering why you didn't borrow the trailer to go get it but now I see why. You squeezed a camp trip in on the trip!!

:dope: :breakdance:

Haha. As soon as I thought about when it was going to be finished I immediatly started to make tenative plans for Little Sahara. :angry2: :whoop: It worked out well. Richie, Mike, Jodi, Ryan, etc and group were already up there so we had a group to park, party, and dune with. :idiot: I'm really glad it was done this weekend. Little Sahara kicked a$$. I have been extremely excited about checking out new dunes lately. :D This has been a great year. Squeezed in a bunch of Dumont trips, then GLAMIS, now LITTLE SAHARA! :moon:

Oh yeah....and I also didn't ask to borrow the trailer again because the car wouldn't have fit. Last time we had to take off a tire to squeeze it in there. :lol::blah: We made it work though. :D

Wow! Pete glad to see you finally got it. Can't wait to see it in person. Maybe we could pop up some eve. and check it out. It is almost the same color as the Grinch. I like it, I like it alot! :driver:

Heck yah...maybe Thursday. Cruise over and have a few beers with us. I also foresee some driveway drinkin this TT like ISBB said. :dunno:

The car looks great Pete!! Congrats. Are you going to put any graphics on it or just leave it as is?? Either way, it looks awesome. :lol:

I was thinking about it. I already talked to painterjoe about maybe doing some stuff. We'll see. For now I like it simple and clean. I think some Monster Energy graphics would be cool. I could call it the mini MONSTER. :breakdance: :grin: