6-28-08 day trip report

dunefreak

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that we stopped for "brunch" up on the mountain at the Mountain Springs Saloon (bike bar). :whistle: mmm delish and some good times. Its too bad the Kllms had to jet though. I don't blame em though. They weren't gonna be serving food for at least another hour. I forgot what time it was. We showed up there about 10 AM. :mob: It felt like 4PM though. :driver:

Anyways, here's some pics from there...

normal_P6270746.JPG

normal_P6270749.JPG

normal_P6270747.JPG

Larry the Crime Donkey?? :beercheers: Oh wait, thats not a donkey. :blury::driver:

normal_P6270748.JPG

normal_P6270750.JPG

normal_P6270755.JPG

duniemonkie and wingnutty

normal_P6270756.JPG

the bathroom door :driver::driver:

normal_P6270757.JPG

normal_P6280763.JPG

normal_P6280762.JPG

normal_P6280764.JPG

I love that place. Everyone is always so damn cool up there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO CHIT!!!! WOW that sand moved alot!!

Glad everyone came back safely!! Someone is just bent cause I didn't scream when Pete was jumping his rail in Little Sahara! :driver:

I said I didn't THINK Pete wheelied!!! :blury::D

Wish we coulda gone, but had to get the rail spiffed up for the for sale section!! :driver:

Hell yeah. Pretty soon the north pole will be about 1 ft tall and on the finger dune. :mob: How fun would that be to find as you ride down the dune!? :beercheers::driver::whistle:

Looks like good times.... thanks guys for doing such a wonderful job of rubbing it in! :mob::beercheers: I was gonna go, but after such a long week at work, I was too friggin' tired. Not gonna miss the next one, though! :D

check out the sand blast on the dunes side of the pole. :mob:

normal_P6270678.JPG

The dunes were so nice :duniemonkie: had to get nekkid. This is all you get to see. :driver::beercheers:

normal_P6270710.JPG

banshee hill

[

First off................I recognize those shoes!!!!!! I told Monkie at LS that they were partially GREEN so she should give them to me!! :driver:

SECOND OFF........................ THATS BS!!!!........................ :whistle::blury::driver:

YOU TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :driver::driver:

First off................I recognize those shoes!!!!!! I told Monkie at LS that they were partially GREEN so she should give them to me!! :driver:

SECOND OFF........................ THATS BS!!!!........................ :driver::driver::driver:

YOU TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :driver::driver:

hahaaaaaaa!!! :driver::beercheers::mob::whistle::blury:

Blue Steel is going to be so bummed when he sees these pics. D@&$ work!!! And he normally gets up at that time!

Looks like you all had fun! The dunes look amazing!

:beercheers:

1. Dunefreak- your a mad man, you can dune that car like a pro, throw the dunes. Just as fast as any quad or bike i'v seen :beercheers::driver:post-3227-1214754255_thumb.jpg
  2. dunemonkey- Girl you need too have your standup comedy show in vages." Monkey and the dune lizards" :mob: WE were all saying what happen to pete and anna,and now we know" Lets go streaking" post-3227-1214754379_thumb.jpg
  3. wingnut- I hope you got that back-side sweat problem under control :driver:
  4. Captkllm- You need a warning sign on your car." Do not dune behind or else or If you can read this your to close" post-3227-1214754536_thumb.jpg
  5. Dunelover- Is not a morning person and do not set in her front seat of her car or it's on :driver::blury:
  6. Vagasstyle- dose some mean a$$ right turn wheelies. and don't stand behind if he is lifting heavey objects :whistle::driver:
  7. Chris1223_Dont even know how you got your guad in like that. Hope you made it home ok post-3227-1214754834_thumb.jpg

Edited by ltr450

I felt like Pete did on this 1.. Epic ride, Great Peeps, kinda early but like Christmas @ Dumont :beercheers:

Nothing broke so that is always a plus :driver:

the sand was UNREAL!!! almost a wash when you doing 50 mph back there ... smooth as smooth gets, sharp razors..took a few of them over the top and in the air sideways :mob: . We had my wifes brother and his girlfriend with us and everyother razor crest I heard a peep from the headphones so I think I made her a little nervous when we crested a few dunes lol.

Pete, AHHHHHHHHnnaa :duniemonkie::D:blury: , Craig ,Steve (how could I have missed you), LTR450, and Chris1223 ..what a great time!!

Early but fun day and man was I tired when I got home. You guys are great!!

Why is it always that Dumont and Conversations do not turn out very good in the end? We have the FUNKIEST friggin conversations in the dunes lol :driver:

Great PICS Pete and AHHnnaa lol .. Pets car looks so nice in the dunes. WTF is up with all the nice pics of your rail?? I didnt have any?? Playing favorit's I see..

Anyways to all that missed the trip..... NANNNER NANNNER....FRIGGIN LOOOOOOSERS LOL :driver::driver::driver::driver::whistle::lol::driver::driver:

WHATSSSS UPPPP!!!

Capt

man like i wasnt even there :booty:

You are now lol I was still waking up when I posted . Your right though how could I miss ya at 90 mph down the dirt road lol.. you were gone

Capt

no just 40-50mph on the washboard smoothed it saved the 90mph for the rest of the trip home. dont get the chance to make that drive without a trailer.

did you see the altama that was rolled into the desert couple miles from the entrance road? looked like the people were ok they were sitting on the ground next to the troopers car couldnt tell if they were cuffed but kind of looked that way.

hey pete good to meet you didnt get to chat with ya but i will next time. yea i never checked my air pressures and i think i had 4 differrent ones and i know the rears were off becasue it hooked right on every wheely.

:beercheers: ok now i can lift :mob:

wow :mob::whistle::blury::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

im soooooooooooo effing jealous i cant even stand to sit with myself. sun coming up over the desert in the morning takes my breath away i love it. virgine dunes oooooooooo :lol: how was the jump coming off of comp ?? so glad ytou guys had fun and evryone was safe. i cant sit with myself cause im so crosseyed jealous right now. im gonna be so jonesed for sand by the time i get there ill probably break somthing :beercheers: awsom trip guys.....................

wow :whistle::blury::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::lol::driver:

im soooooooooooo effing jealous i cant even stand to sit with myself. sun coming up over the desert in the morning takes my breath away i love it. virgine dunes oooooooooo :booty: how was the jump coming off of comp ?? so glad ytou guys had fun and evryone was safe. i cant sit with myself cause im so crosseyed jealous right now. im gonna be so jonesed for sand by the time i get there ill probably break somthing :mob: awsom trip guys.....................

hahaha, thanks Bob. I'm really glad nothing broke and nobody crashed or got hurt either. I'm always extra cautious out there because summer rides can be very dangerous and turn ugly real quick if you aren't careful enough. I couldn't imagine trying to recover a rail from out there in the middle of the day in summer. That is my worst fear other than a serious injury crash.

The jump off the start of comp was moderate. It wasn't as built up as much as before because nobody has been racing to build up that mound. I think that big dropoff/ bowl that started forming at the top of comp is gone though. I forgot to really look and see.

Banshee was still built up pretty good at the bottom though. I got a little tiny bit of air off that lip. :beercheers:

I won't miss the next one, long as it's not the last weekend of the month, my job tries to kill me every month at that time. I needed some sleep so 3 am didn't sound as appealing Friday after work as it did earlier in the week, especially since my Friday at work made the rest of the crappy week look awesome... ugh. Great pics guys, way to make everyone jealous :mob::beercheers:

1. Chris1223_Dont even know how you got your guad in like that. Hope you made it home ok post-3227-1214754834_thumb.jpg

It was on one wheel well and not the other. I need a can opener to get that in their, so anyway is good enough for me. It actually moved less that way.

I had a great time out there. I was a little worried the night before about the sand - but after the first run that was not an issue. It was one of the best rides I have been on....

Big Fan.....

I felt like Pete did on this 1.. Epic ride, Great Peeps, kinda early but like Christmas @ Dumont :headbang1:

Nothing broke so that is always a plus :rockon:

the sand was UNREAL!!! almost a wash when you doing 50 mph back there ... smooth as smooth gets, sharp razors..took a few of them over the top and in the air sideways :headbang1: . We had my wifes brother and his girlfriend with us and everyother razor crest I heard a peep from the headphones so I think I made her a little nervous when we crested a few dunes lol.

Pete, AHHHHHHHHnnaa :duniemonkie::D:flipoff: , Craig , LTR450, and Chris1223 ..what a great time!!

Early but fun day and man was I tired when I got home. You guys are great!!

Why is it always that Dumont and Conversations do not turn out very good in the end? We have the FUNKIEST friggin conversations in the dunes lol :MBdance:

Great PICS Pete and AHHnnaa lol .. Pets car looks so nice in the dunes. WTF is up with all the nice pics of your rail?? I didnt have any?? Playing favorit's I see..

Anyways to all that missed the trip..... NANNNER NANNNER....FRIGGIN LOOOOOOSERS LOL :booty::flipoff::dunno::flipoff::censored::blury::booty::coffee:

WHATSSSS UPPPP!!!

Capt

I had to work. Fity six dollars an hour I can't say no. Fugg you and your good time :flipoff: Cant wait till the next trip! :coocoo: :beer_bang: :beer_bang: