weekend warrior bankrupt?

got boost?

so I made an appt to take my warrior in monday on friday for some warranty work. I show up and am told that WW is not doing any authorizing of outside repair work as they are doing some reconstruction in the parts and service of WW. I am then told that if I want my trailer fixed, I am gonna have to pay for it and submit a request to get reimbursed to WW. Now I am mad as hell that I took a couple hours off work to take the trailer in and was not told until I got there about this problem. I get the # for WW and call after leaving wheelers....yeah I know :laughing: . The lady that answers the phone goes into the whole thing I was already told and I proceed to ask what I can do. She gives me the same option or make an appt. at the dealer in Paris California and bring it to them. So now I am beyond mad and ask what the deal is and pry some more. She then tells me that they are doing some "financial restructuring" and nothing will change for at least 90 days. I sure am glad I paid a butt load of money for a new trailer that apparently may not have any warranty left :(

also, sorry for not postin in a while....been doing some recovery of my backside in the realty market

Edited by got boost?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to GD.com and look under the RV section.. They are NOT going bankrupt but doing just that financial reconstruction. A few of the head guys there have left and they are trying to sort things out to work with the economy..

I don't know if this will make you feel alittle better but our trailer is at wheelers getting warranty work done to it right now and there are alot of misc. things they are fixing and they all are getting approved.And I do know that as I have been on top of them as we are needing the trailer back in a few weeks for a trip.So I would try to reschedule it again and bring it back to wheelers ask to speak with the service manager.

One of the reasons we chose a Raptor over the WW was because the service dept at Cal's seemed much more friendly than the guys at Wheelers. Plus, Wheelers sales guys didn't know sh!t about their product. I heard one of them say, "I can't believe a woman knows more than us about these things." Duh - if you're in sales, know your product.

Anyway, thanks to DDR, I found out that Cal's is going out of business! :bawl: I wouldn't have known had I not seen the thread on it here! I was so bummed because they're really taken care of us. Now we'll be at the bottom of the line somewhere else! :banghead:

One of our friends sold their WW earlier this year, along with their diesel truck. Now they rent a motorhome and pull a flatbed trailer, when they want to go camping! I like having my own stuff, but I have to say what they did wasn't a bad idea.

BTW, filing chapter 11 is considered financial reconstructing. So who knows what's happening over there!

Edited by Kitcat

One of our friends sold their WW earlier this year, along with their diesel truck. Now they rent a motorhome and pull a flatbed trailer, when they want to go camping! I like having my own stuff, but I have to say what they did wasn't a bad idea.

We use to rent and it does have it's good points but I still did not like it, you have to pay a butt load, have less room, and everything is on their terms (pickup times, cleaning, damages, ect....). But if you only use your trailer a few times a year then it might be worth it, I guess it just depends on how often you use it.

I think the economy is going to hurt all of these trailer builders sooner or later. :banghead:

what i read in gd is that some of the people there are going to smaller place but su as we know it is closing. of course i read it on gd and got news from another source. kind of a wait and see type deal.

ya alpha leisure same ones that build the cya gols and founder there by by

I heard last night from a buddy of mine that works for Giant RV:

WW will no longer supply Giant RV with any parts at all. :ninja:

That dealer currently has 325 WW units on their floor for sale with no warranty.

Good luck gettin' rid of them. :lol:

WW is not doing repairs now and they're going to start making repair appointments starting in September. :laughing:

That's pretty jacked up on WW's part if you ask me.

This is just what I've heard. :yawn:

Sign of the times.... This is one tough economy I tell ya. :drunk:

I heard last night from a buddy of mine that works for Giant RV:

WW will no longer supply Giant RV with any parts at all. :ninja:

That dealer currently has 325 WW units on their floor for sale with no warranty.

Good luck gettin' rid of them. :lol:

WW is not doing repairs now and they're going to start making repair appointments starting in September. :laughing:

That's pretty jacked up on WW's part if you ask me.

This is just what I've heard. :yawn:

Sign of the times.... This is one tough economy I tell ya. :drunk:

bet a person could get a heck of a deal on a WW @ giant

no wonder headinjury left that place

so I made an appt to take my warrior in monday on friday for some warranty work. I show up and am told that WW is not doing any authorizing of outside repair work as they are doing some reconstruction in the parts and service of WW. I am then told that if I want my trailer fixed, I am gonna have to pay for it and submit a request to get reimbursed to WW. Now I am mad as hell that I took a couple hours off work to take the trailer in and was not told until I got there about this problem. I get the # for WW and call after leaving wheelers....yeah I know :think: . The lady that answers the phone goes into the whole thing I was already told and I proceed to ask what I can do. She gives me the same option or make an appt. at the dealer in Paris California and bring it to them. So now I am beyond mad and ask what the deal is and pry some more. She then tells me that they are doing some "financial restructuring" and nothing will change for at least 90 days. I sure am glad I paid a butt load of money for a new trailer that apparently may not have any warranty left :(

also, sorry for not postin in a while....been doing some recovery of my backside in the realty market

HERE, READ THIS ....... http://www.pe.com/business/local/stories/P...26.3622490.html

This is probably all related to the class action lawsuit they got slammed with last year! What was it ????? $31,000,000.00 ??? That is a very large sum of money to have to put up. :dope: BTW....that could really hurt your cash flow. I had a couple of minor items with the Ragen / Blazen and Warrior took care of everything. :think: Of course times were good and things were moving off the sales lots at lightning speed!

I wish I could say "hold in there and wait it out, if anyone can survive a down market it would be Warrior". But there are a lot of undercurrents in this story! :think:

• 2 weeks later...

Went and picked up my WW and brought it home to do some general maint. and found that my AC wouldnt kick on. So i checked all the breakers and fuses and found that i had blown a 20amp fuse. I replaced it to have it only blow the second i installed it.

Well knowing all the problems people have had dealing with warranty work I chose to take it to camping world on Boulder (Hendertuky) and explaind the problem to them and they said for 90 bucks they would run a 12 volt diagnostics check and track down my problem.

So I get a call from them 2 hours after i dropped my rig off and they tell me i have a short SOMEWHERE on th the 12 volt sided of my electrical. (no shiat!) And that i need to take it to a dealer to have it repaired.

SO... I call Las Vegas RV (Whelers) and they tell me that they would fix it and that i would have to pay for the repairs, but since i still had 4 months on my warrenty that i could submitt a invoice to WW and be reimbursed. :think:

I call WW to verify that that was indeed true and the lady begins to tell my that by the time they would issue a repair auth. that they would be liquidated and be under diffrent ownership and that I was shiat out of luck and asked if i had purchased the extended warranty wich i didnt thank god.

So the it looks like all of us that own WW and have any warranty left are out of luck.

When I talked to the guys at Camping World (Hendertky) and told them I had a WW and had 4 months warranty left they straight up laughed at my and said Good luck.(they also sell WW at that location.)

So with that said does any one know of a RV repair shop that doesnt have a bunch of Yahoos that work there? :laughing::shots::dunno:

I just wonder, with ALL the WW haulers out on the road with & without warranties, some other big company could step up buy WW out and reorganize etc. Actually since they are filing BK, they probably will re-organize and continue to serve; might not be able to serve ALL WW's anymore but certainly newer ones lets say from 2005 to present (just talking theories here).

I really dunno what to do since we too bought a new on extended warranty an all with our dealer KNOWING this was happening. I didn't find out till just a couple weeks ago(bought our WW 3 months ago).

I really love our trailer, but my other local RV dealer I have been talking with is really trying to trade in my WW(with a 10K loss!!!!) so we can buy one of there's (Raptor/Thor) and have good local service. I can't take that loss, just gonna have to hope & pray WW gets figured out and back on track.

Does the CH11 really get them out of backing the product? I can understand the delay in approval of warranty work, but I would think that they are still obligated to warranty the product. Many companies changes hands and that does not mean that there is no warranty on products purchased.

Call Ken or ed at Johnnie walker's. They will take good care of you.

Went and picked up my WW and brought it home to do some general maint. and found that my AC wouldnt kick on. So i checked all the breakers and fuses and found that i had blown a 20amp fuse. I replaced it to have it only blow the second i installed it.

Well knowing all the problems people have had dealing with warranty work I chose to take it to camping world on Boulder (Hendertuky) and explaind the problem to them and they said for 90 bucks they would run a 12 volt diagnostics check and track down my problem.

So I get a call from them 2 hours after i dropped my rig off and they tell me i have a short SOMEWHERE on th the 12 volt sided of my electrical. (no shiat!) And that i need to take it to a dealer to have it repaired.

SO... I call Las Vegas RV (Whelers) and they tell me that they would fix it and that i would have to pay for the repairs, but since i still had 4 months on my warrenty that i could submitt a invoice to WW and be reimbursed. :think:

I call WW to verify that that was indeed true and the lady begins to tell my that by the time they would issue a repair auth. that they would be liquidated and be under diffrent ownership and that I was shiat out of luck and asked if i had purchased the extended warranty wich i didnt thank god.

So the it looks like all of us that own WW and have any warranty left are out of luck.

When I talked to the guys at Camping World (Hendertky) and told them I had a WW and had 4 months warranty left they straight up laughed at my and said Good luck.(they also sell WW at that location.)

So with that said does any one know of a RV repair shop that doesnt have a bunch of Yahoos that work there? :laughing::shots::dunno:

Does the CH11 really get them out of backing the product? I can understand the delay in approval of warranty work, but I would think that they are still obligated to warranty the product. Many companies changes hands and that does not mean that there is no warranty on products purchased.

Ch 11 is "reorganization," Ch 7 is "liquidation." So under a Ch 11 the company remains (basically) intact, and restructures its debt with its creditors. I don't know if warranty claims fall under the "creditor" umbrella. But I'd think that they'd still be obligated to honor any written warranties still in effect once they emerged from Chapter 11. The catch is, it can take YEARS to go thru the Ch 11 process, and IIRC most RV warranties are a year on most items. Structural warranties might still be in effect...

Ch 7 BK, everything goes out the window. The company ceases to exist as originally incorporated, and the creditors line up to pick over the carcass. The large creditors get first dibs, the little guys (read customers) get screwed.

I've not seen anything official about Weekend Warrior filing BK either voluntarily or involuntarily, but if they filed BK it'd hit the papers sooner or later.