Power Chip for a 2006 Ford Diesel

Bumpint

What is everyones preference on a powerchip for a 2006 ford diesel.

I will be buying one in the future and just started researching. I have friends with Bully Dog and Edge and they both swear by them.

I will be buying one in the future and just started researching. I have friends with Bully Dog and Edge and they both swear by them.

here are some links to ford sites. They have tons of info on chips and programmers. seem like most people like the custom burnt chips. Look in the performace topics and the for sale stuff.

http://www.powerstroke.org/

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/index.php?

I have the EDGE on my Chevy and like it. It gives you 4 parameters to watch at one time making it very easy to monitor your engine.

Be careful of the aftermarket tunes, it can mess up your motor in no time and void the warranty as well. Find a tuner you like and stay with their mods and you will do fine.

• 8 months later...

SCT Xcal w/ custom tunes by Innovative diesel, hands down the best mod you can do for your powerstroke.

And some gauges.

I had the banks system, thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Then hooked my truck up with all the other goodies full 5" exhaust, banks intercooler and intake system, and a AFE air cleaner system.

Then I got school'd by my dad in his bone stock f350 that oonly has an SCT tuner with custom tunes in it.

week later I sold the banks six gun and bought an SCT and never looked back.

Edited by lonzo

• 6 months later...

I would like to re-visit this thread, I have just purchased my first truck with a diesel motor, It is also a 2006 F350 with a 6.0..... I have been calling friends and requesting reviews, there are alot of opinions out there.... Who among us has had a first hand experience (good or bad) with a programmer. While reading some of the internet reviews, I get the impression that a diesel that blows thick black smoke is a great thing and something to strive for. :DDRrocks:

I dont think I will be looking for a tuner that requires "custom" settings other than the basics like tire dimensions.

Also, what is the deal with the warranty.... People tell me that a programmer will void a warranty.... The websites that i have visited all say that it is illegal for a dealership to not cover a claim because of after-market additions.... who has facts???

What did you end up going with and how do you like it???

I would like to re-visit this thread, I have just purchased my first truck with a diesel motor, It is also a 2006 F350 with a 6.0..... I have been calling friends and requesting reviews, there are alot of opinions out there.... Who among us has had a first hand experience (good or bad) with a programmer. While reading some of the internet reviews, I get the impression that a diesel that blows thick black smoke is a great thing and something to strive for. :DDRrocks:

I dont think I will be looking for a tuner that requires "custom" settings other than the basics like tire dimensions.

Also, what is the deal with the warranty.... People tell me that a programmer will void a warranty.... The websites that i have visited all say that it is illegal for a dealership to not cover a claim because of after-market additions.... who has facts???

I think the programmer is the least of everyones worries... they will void the warranty whether or not you used anything... or at least try to void it...Chevy is real bad about it and for is right behind them...

Ask Craig about the argument over a tranny with Dodge lol... any reason .. even if they did the work on it sense new

capt

what is the deal with the warranty.... People tell me that a programmer will void a warranty.... The websites that i have visited all say that it is illegal for a dealership to not cover a claim because of after-market additions.... who has facts???

A programmer will void your engine warranty. Dealers can not void the warranty "just because" though. The aftermarket part has to have direct affect on the problem.

Most programmers are detectable, so even if you put your settings back to stock before you bring it in for work the dealer will be able to detect that you have had something...

Ask Craig about the argument over a tranny with Dodge lol... any reason .. even if they did the work on it sense new

I'm interested in that story...... :bert: