Sirius/XM merger

wingnut

i was going to go buy a tuner for the car so i had something to listen too then someone brought this to my attention. I wonder if they are going to make a radio that does both sattelites or if they will still be seperate or whats going to happen.. so much for buying a new radio for the car :P

it looks as if the current radios will still work.. xm will get some sirius channels and sirius will get a mix of xm channels... They are working on a new radio that will allow you to PICK AND CHOOSE your own sat radio package so you dont get 100 channels of useless sh*t you can pick whatever stations you prefer to listen too and have them on your radio only.. pretty cool concept if you ask me.. so it looks like im going to wait for those to come out before i buy a radio :D

Yeah I love my Serius as well.............

My car radio went with the Heep and I have been waiting to see whats going down with this as well, the HHR came with the capabilities for XM but not XM, I wonder if it'll work when they switch since I have the Serius account?? :laughing::flipoff:

so what happens if you have the lifetime pky from sirius,do you have to buy a new reciever to get the xm channels?

From what I've read exsisting equipment will be fine

Ok, I want to try to clear up some misconception here. An XM radio will connect to sirius sat. and vice versa, I've had a close friend doing it for years. His alpine specifically stated XM, and he's been goign through Sirius for 3 years now. So, no matter what your sat radio says it will connect to, it will connect to either.

Additionally there is a very good website out right now through sirrus, that will tell you the plan that is in the works. Basically, sirrus customers would be able to by at an additional amount purchase a certain number of channels for a small extra cost. http://www.siriusmerger.com/

Edited by WHIZ