Welding

mineurbiz

I have been looking at CSN and not sure if you can just jump into a basic welding class. I have always wanted to learn and thought a class would be a blast, but where is becoming more of a question to me. Does anyone have a good idea on where to go?

I have been looking at CSN and not sure if you can just jump into a basic welding class. I have always wanted to learn and thought a class would be a blast, but where is becoming more of a question to me. Does anyone have a good idea on where to go?

yes you can take the welding class, but just so you know it is all book work and very little welding, I think the advanced classes are more hands on....that is how it was 8 yrs ago.....thats my 2 cents

yes you can take the welding class, but just so you know it is all book work and very little welding, I think the advanced classes are more hands on....that is how it was 8 yrs ago.....thats my 2 cents

I saw some ads for online schools, but I want to learn hands on technique not read about it (read only I mean).

theres one in California at a junior college in san fernando valley

the teacher was so chill

he'd teach a little in the class for like 15 minutes then the next two hours we went out and practiced welding

and for the tests...it was all open note so any worksheets he gave us were on the test so its %100 every time...he even gave us the answers to the final

also he encourages us to bring in our own stuff to work on

some dude brought in a chopper and fixed it up

everyone gets their own station too so u dont have to wait on other people usin ur torch

go to the college you will get plenty of lab time.. I have been thinking about going to the college as well adn taking saturday clases for mig and tig and eventually their fab class and cert prep. :D

go to the college you will get plenty of lab time.. I have been thinking about going to the college as well adn taking saturday clases for mig and tig and eventually their fab class and cert prep. :D

I thought about the college even went online, just need to talk to someone there I guess, since it seems to be the only route. I would love to learn fab work, that just seems like some good fun hard work.

wizard actually has a shop in henderson however judging by some of the comments and debacles i have read on GD i dont think they are teaching anymore. You might try vegas steel motorsports or something like that cuz i believe they were sharing that building..

Just grab these items...

1) 12V battery

2) coat hanger

3) jumper cables

4) a pound of crack or a Monster Black Ice Slurpeee

...and go to town on some metal objects. You should be able to make two metal things stick in no time. :whistle:

Sorry, Mark I had to. :kitty: :blink::flipoff:

I have always wanted to learn as well but never had the time or patience. I've had friends that could always do a way better job than me so I just had them do it for me instead. :flipoff:

Good luck. :beercheers:

I have always wanted to learn as well but never had the time or patience. I've had friends that could always do a way better job than me so I just had them do it for me instead. :whistle:

DITTO foe chitto, :flipoff:

... and I even have a mig welder. :kitty:

O'well :flipoff:

Just grab these items...

1) 12V battery

2) coat hanger

3) jumper cables

...and go to town on some metal objects. You should be able to make two metal things stick in no time. :flipoff:

Sorry, Mark I had to. :blink::idiot: :kitty:

I have always wanted to learn as well but never had the time or patience. I've had friends that could always do a way better job than me so I just had them do it for me instead. :whistle:

LOL there are people in this town that actually pay for that quality of work!!!!! ooooof!

:flipoff:

Just grab these items...

1) 12V battery

2) coat hanger

3) jumper cables

...and go to town on some metal objects. You should be able to make two metal things stick in no time. :whistle:

Sorry, Mark I had to. :blink::idiot::flipoff:

I have always wanted to learn as well but never had the time or patience. I've had friends that could always do a way better job than me so I just had them do it for me instead. :flipoff:

OUCH :D :kitty:

gnome.jpg

Can you pull the knife out

Edited by mineurbiz

just find a buddy with a welder and chip in on some rods or wire spool and go to town :beercheers: ......best way to learn is to do it. I took courses in highschool and in my opinion the books and reading were all :flipoff:

I got lucky though, my instructor showed me the basics on ARC welding then let me do whatever I wanted....I taught myself how to MIG (by far the easiest) on steel and aluminum. I still want to learn how to TIG and learn brazing too.

I learned oxy and stick in high school.. still really good at it however hand me a spool gun and it looks like bubblegum.. havent had enough time to play with the heat/wirefeed settings yet..

just find a buddy with a welder and chip in on some rods or wire spool and go to town :laughing: ......best way to learn is to do it. I took courses in highschool and in my opinion the books and reading were all :flipoff:

I got lucky though, my instructor showed me the basics on ARC welding then let me do whatever I wanted....I taught myself how to MIG (by far the easiest) on steel and aluminum. I still want to learn how to TIG and learn brazing too.

Ditto to that, mark your better to get with someone with a welder and just start practicing, get some scrap and start running a bead!!!or if you plan on getting into welding buy a set up, I recomend miller, my mig,tig,and even plasma cutter are miller,...great product

CSN Henderson Campus has a great welding class. I have gone through four of the classes and they were all a blast. The basic class cover all types of welding, with alot of lab work. I say give them a shot, I don't think you will be disapointed

Edited by SinCityPredRider

CSN Henderson Campus has a great welding class. I have gone through four of the classes and they were all a blast. The basic class cover all types of welding, with alot of lab work. I say give them a shot, I don't think you will be disapointed

I was trying to look at those classes even sent them a request for info, I just want something with some hands on.

Out here in Cali They offer great classes at adult schools, not sure if there are many in Vegas but that's a start and not nearly as expensive as some options.. Good Luck..

Yeah not alot of tech schools here that I have found so far, I did find a bunch in Cali though.

Ditto to that, mark your better to get with someone with a welder and just start practicing, get some scrap and start running a bead!!!or if you plan on getting into welding buy a set up, I recomend miller, my mig,tig,and even plasma cutter are miller,...great product

Yeah if I can not find something to take, then I am just going to buy a small welder and start playing. I have a buddy that is a certified welder, but he is not dependable to meet up with. I might though be able to talk him into coming over and giving me a basic run down to get started playing on my own then just do some research on temp, wire or whatever else I need to know.

Just grab these items...

1) 12V battery

2) coat hanger

3) jumper cables

...and go to town on some metal objects. You should be able to make two metal things stick in no time. :finger:

Sorry, Mark I had to. :think::laughing::thumb:

Good luck. :laughing:

or dont put any oil in ur two stroked engine and watch the metal weld itself

Yeah if I can not find something to take, then I am just going to buy a small welder and start playing. I have a buddy that is a certified welder, but he is not dependable to meet up with. I might though be able to talk him into coming over and giving me a basic run down to get started playing on my own then just do some research on temp, wire or whatever else I need to know.

I agree with offroadracer, if your gonna fork out the cash for a little MIG get a miller! i'm pretty sure they even have one that runs of 120V (household power) wont be able to weld very thick metal with it, but its something to play with.