YAAAAAAAY I Hate my bike

EY3BA11

Ok well not really.. I love the power but this thing is KILLING me on repairs.. HOLY CRAP one thing after another. :lol: :gayboy:

First i thought maybe my crank seals were leaking due to the strange jetting.. So first things first drain the gear oil.. Welp thats as far as i made it and i dont need to go any further until i get the motor out of the frame. :no_no:

Shavings are a normal thing.. Small fine shavings from parts wear adn clutch's and what not, not a big deal. Well this time these were HUGE shavings not just little flakes i mean abnormally large flakes and alot of them.. WAAAY more than normal. So to be better safe than sorry im gonna tear the motor apart, split the cases and see wtf is goin on in there. While im in there it will get all new seals and bearings, and im going to have the jug done again with a fresh piston since this last one was questionable by the machinst. The piston to cylinderwall clearance was on the edge of beeing too much.

:banghead::laughoff::censored: One of these days i wont have to worry about this crap... One of these days i just hope it runs like petes yz250. Just hop on and go and not worry about anything..

:gayboy: Yeeesh Nick.

Seems like your always orderin' parts for your bike.

At least if you ever get a sandcar, you'll be used to wrenchin'. Just sayin'.

Don't do this: :banghead:

I added up all the maintenance over a year and divided the $ value by the number of trip. :laughoff: wow

You'll realize how addicted to sand at that point. :lol:

Eff-it. Get that sucker back together soon mang. :mc: :no_no: We got some dune punishin' to do!

it will be back together before the season opener and the glamis trip i got planned.. i got 2 months.. :D I am going to get the cases split this week and all the parts ordered next week.. I just hope i dont open it up to find i need a whole bunch of crap.. I just hope its something simple and retarded like a bearing failing.. but judging by the size and shape of those flakes i fear its tran's issues..

Randizzle...

The last season the bike has treated me well.. Aside from the new top end i had to put in it when i bought it.. the rest of the stuff i did was pretty much cosmetic aside from the misc bearings and stuff on the frame. $:dune trip:fun its been pretty cheap thus far.. I guess i cant complain too much having it last an entire season before i found this stuff i spose was a good thing.. Its just frustrating.

See now thats the fundimental difference between a four stroke and a two stroke, if a four stroke has metal floating around within 10 minutes it grenades and leaves you stranded while a CR500 will keep running hard even when the crank bearings are shrapnelled :D

Guest Crasher

it will be back together before the season opener and the glamis trip i got planned.. i got 2 months.. :D I am going to get the cases split this week and all the parts ordered next week.. I just hope i dont open it up to find i need a whole bunch of crap.. I just hope its something simple and retarded like a bearing failing.. but judging by the size and shape of those flakes i fear its tran's issues..

Randizzle...

The last season the bike has treated me well.. Aside from the new top end i had to put in it when i bought it.. the rest of the stuff i did was pretty much cosmetic aside from the misc bearings and stuff on the frame. $:dune trip:fun its been pretty cheap thus far.. I guess i cant complain too much having it last an entire season before i found this stuff i spose was a good thing.. Its just frustrating.

That sucks Nick. :( Hope you can get it up and running by October!!! :mc: If it's not one thing, it's always another you know.... :lol: Good luck on the repairs. :gayboy:

Ok well not really.. I love the power but this thing is KILLING me on repairs.. HOLY CRAP one thing after another. :no_no: :banghead:

First i thought maybe my crank seals were leaking due to the strange jetting.. So first things first drain the gear oil.. Welp thats as far as i made it and i dont need to go any further until i get the motor out of the frame. :laughoff:

Shavings are a normal thing.. Small fine shavings from parts wear adn clutch's and what not, not a big deal. Well this time these were HUGE shavings not just little flakes i mean abnormally large flakes and alot of them.. WAAAY more than normal. So to be better safe than sorry im gonna tear the motor apart, split the cases and see wtf is goin on in there. While im in there it will get all new seals and bearings, and im going to have the jug done again with a fresh piston since this last one was questionable by the machinst. The piston to cylinderwall clearance was on the edge of beeing too much.

:censored::censored::censored: One of these days i wont have to worry about this crap... One of these days i just hope it runs like petes yz250. Just hop on and go and not worry about anything..

Damn dude that effin sucks. You need an old azz Raptor or YZ like me. :gayboy:

YAAAAAAAY I Hate my bike

:censored::censored:

See now thats the fundimental difference between a four stroke and a two stroke, if a four stroke has metal floating around within 10 minutes it grenades and leaves you stranded while a CR500 will keep running hard even when the crank bearings are shrapnelled :D

True, but they (4 strokes) will go forever if they are stock. :censored::lol: I have over 5 years of duning on my old Raptor and I have never had to touch the internals. I just keep changing the oil, adjust the valves every so often and RIDE. :censored::D

my 426 was the same way.. change the oil and ride it.. :D 5 years of torture from me and it was still runnin just fine when i sold it.. All be it tired but still goin like a champ..

Ill get it fixed up soon. I have been wanting to split the cases on one of these motors for a while now... Now i have an excuse.

my 426 was the same way.. change the oil and ride it.. :D 5 years of torture from me and it was still runnin just fine when i sold it.. All be it tired but still goin like a champ..

Ill get it fixed up soon. I have been wanting to split the cases on one of these motors for a while now... Now i have an excuse.

I am selling a CR 500 if interested, you can see it under the classified's in bikes/atv

• 3 weeks later...

Welp.. Finally got the motor apart.

A few things we found out.

1. one side of the case or the complete case has been replaced some time recent to me purchasing it.

2. the tranny has blowed up previously the cause of the cases needing replacement probably

3. Old parts and new parts were used when putting the motor back together

4. The old parts failed. 2 gears (the most expensive ones go figure) they were pitted and all chewed up.

5. one of the bearings was on its way out due to all the filings from the chewed up gear.

Remedy:

replace all bearings and seals

replace broken gears.

300 bucks later im set. and pray the piston holds together one more season. There were some signs of blowby on one side of the piston. However that is kinda expected since the tolerances were on the loose side when i had it machined last time. It was just a quick bore to clean up the cylinder.

post-2-1219468536_thumb.jpg

Dang Nick. :beercheers: Son-of-a-Mutha Bitchezzz!

Yeah, it's hard to tell what your buyin' some times. :moon:

Just keep pluggin' away on that sucker! We be dunin' here real soon. :mc::mc::2cents:

Chin up yo.

Sho Bro ya know?

Edited by Randog

Dang Nick. :beercheers: Son-of-a-Mutha Bitchezzz!

Yeah, it's hard to tell what your buyin' some times. :moon:

Just keep pluggin' away on that sucker! We be dunin' here real soon. :mc::mc::2cents:

Chin up yo.

Sho Bro ya know?

No worries. Ill have it back together in no time.

No worries. Ill have it together and reafy in no time.

Thtas a trip, Ive not seen gears look like that before. Even with all the chunks floating around my tranny the teeth still looked nice where they meshed.

Did you get sand in there somehow????? :beercheers:

Edited by britincali

For the longest time I was scared to split a case on my own. I had a guy give me an xr200 that the motor was shot in and I started re-building it and realized...hey, this isnt that hard after all lol. I had the same problem though, broken gears, metal shavings all over and busted shifter fork. Good luck with that mess though

it got a fresh top end last season and its gonna get a fresh bottom end this season.. LOL however if i can scrape together enough cash by christmas my gift to myself is to have glenn at GSS redo the cylinder :D

Then it should be good to go finally!! Now that we have everything apart and inspected it isnt that bad but still wasnt the greatest workmanship when they put it back together the last time.. Im just glad i have some cr500 experts near by to help out :D

anyluck getting ahold of jlewis?