i got a new to me truck

gotsand450r

just picked up an 2006 chevy 2500hd with a duramax/allison (lly/6-speed) 4x4 with 43000 miles. i needed to upgrade from my 2005 chevy z71. so much more truck. :think: the wife said get a diesel and thats all it took. :DDRrocks:

post-2889-1218082991_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1218083051_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1218083752_thumb.jpg

Edited by gotsand450r

the dealership rape me on my 05 Z71 trade giving me only 11000 for it but i got the 06 for 19000. i dont now if that helps much mineurbiz

now that i have a diesel what mods should i do and not do????????

Edited by gotsand450r

Welcome to the world of diesel's.. I have a 2004 Duramax and the only mods I have done so far are-

Edge w/attitude chip ($500 off Ebay)

Removed the muffler (Straight piped now) ($40)

and PPE bost valve ($30)

New tires and went to the next size up. 265's make the truck look better in my opinion.

The Edge was a great improvment to my truck. It really wakes it up once the truck gets warm and goes into closed loop mode. The muffler removed was just to see how loud it would be and its REAL LOUD under acceleration. And the boost valve doesn't really do much until I am towing then I see the extra 5 psi boost under a heavy load.

My truck came out of Texas so it didn't have a CAT like a typical California truck has. So my muffler missing makes it very loud. With a cat on there it should tone down the noise. Go on Youtube and I believe there are videos of guys with their mufflers off it might give you an idea of how loud it can get.

the dealership rape me on my 05 Z71 trade giving me only 11000 for it but i got the 06 for 19000. i dont now if that helps much mineurbiz

now that i have a diesel what mods should i do and not do????????

That does help, I have a few more options on mine, plus wheels and tires thank you.

Get a Hypertech programmer best money I spent.

i will tell you...if you get a programmer (many on the market, all pretty decent too..do your homework for what you want) youre gonna need a pyrometer gauge. if you get a boost control (boost valve is only for the 01-04 lb7's) youre gonna need a boost gauge too.

and may i recommend

www.dieselplace.com <<<<<<< my first resource for my d-max..great info...dunefreak is over there too.

www.dieseltowingresource.com <<<<< a breakaway site from dieselplace...with good info also.

congrats on the new purchase!! :DDRrocks: