Story Of The Day

ltr450rider

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So back on topic here...

This is actually form yesterday.

I do a billboard on top of a garage in the Cahuenga Pass in Hollywood. The garage belongs to a guy named Dean Jeffries. He is a big time Hollywood car designer. He designed the "Monkee Mobile" and is most famous for designing and building the "Black Beauty" car for "The Green Hornet" T.V. series in the '60s. He had pictures on the wall of his office that are worth $1,000 with different celebrities and action shots of his cars.

He happens to have the only Ford GT-40 Roadster in existence. Ford built 4 of these cars and ended up parting out 3 of them for the Le Mans GT-40's. Dean is the only person in the world to own this car. Ford offered him a few hundred thousand dollars for the car, He said eff you. Now he says he has 4 buyers and the highest bid is $5 million.

He also has one of A.J. Foyt's Indy 500 winning cars. I forget what year, sometime in the 70's.

This guy has at least $8 million in cars and memorabelia in his shop. I find it really cool to have met Dean and stand right beside and look at some of the biggest collector and Hollywood memorabelia.

Here are some cell phone pics.

The $5 mil GT-40

305593905_1039884189_0.jpg

305594190_1039885299_0.jpg

305594428_1039886179_0.jpg

A.J. Foyt's Indy 500 Car

305594606_1039886859_0.jpg

305594746_1039887380_0.jpg

All of the info I have provided is from the word of Dean Jeffries. He is defintely a character and a great guy to have met.

yesterday, i caught this girl kinda daydreaming while in class, with a chitload of work to do before the bell rings. she didnt get it done and turned in, and now starts the new quarter off with an F.

so today, i changed the seating chart, and put her in full view from my desk. as im imputting grades from today's in-class math assignment, i notice she pulls out some paper (not needed, working in a practice book with plenty of room to work problems out) and starts writing on it, IN PINK PEN :dope::headbang1:

i LET her go for about 5 minutes (enough to let her get some juicy stuff written) and then i abruptly stood up. she freaks and starts shuffling papers on her desk as i meandor towards her. she quickly attempts to put the note in her folder and close it when I ask her to see, "what she has been working on for the last few minutes.....that she wasnt supposed to be doing."

damn, i was even in the note........"i hate being in Mr. Cheese's room, he's an a-hole, and we work too hard in his class. He doesnt let us talk either!!!" yeah, im a hardass :lol:

the note was to her girlfriend. mind you, this is middle school. she goes on to explain why she thinks a male student on campus has a bigger package than another male on campus because of the :lol: limp he does across campus (50 some known gang members @ my school site) :lol:

then she attempts to go ghetto on me in front of the class. i let her go, using foul language, calling me names, etc...all the while, im laughing about it.

when she finally quit, she asked what i thought was so funny. I replied, " well, your little tirade happened to keep this class in here 3 minutes past the bell to leave, so all the students in here are now officially late to their next class."

and they ALL got referrals from their next period teachers.

:black:

ahhhhh to know everything as such a young age..... :dope:

yesterday, i caught this girl kinda daydreaming while in class, with a chitload of work to do before the bell rings. she didnt get it done and turned in, and now starts the new quarter off with an F.

so today, i changed the seating chart, and put her in full view from my desk. as im imputting grades from today's in-class math assignment, i notice she pulls out some paper (not needed, working in a practice book with plenty of room to work problems out) and starts writing on it, IN PINK PEN :lol::headbang1:

i LET her go for about 5 minutes (enough to let her get some juicy stuff written) and then i abruptly stood up. she freaks and starts shuffling papers on her desk as i meandor towards her. she quickly attempts to put the note in her folder and close it when I ask her to see, "what she has been working on for the last few minutes.....that she wasnt supposed to be doing."

damn, i was even in the note........"i hate being in Mr. Cheese's room, he's an a-hole, and we work too hard in his class. He doesnt let us talk either!!!" yeah, im a hardass :lol:

the note was to her girlfriend. mind you, this is middle school. she goes on to explain why she thinks a male student on campus has a bigger package than another male on campus because of the :dope: limp he does across campus (50 some known gang members @ my school site) :lol:

then she attempts to go ghetto on me in front of the class. i let her go, using foul language, calling me names, etc...all the while, im laughing about it.

when she finally quit, she asked what i thought was so funny. I replied, " well, your little tirade happened to keep this class in here 3 minutes past the bell to leave, so all the students in here are now officially late to their next class."

and they ALL got referrals from their next period teachers.

:black:

ahhhhh to know everything as such a young age..... :lol:

What were you doing. hanging out on DDR ?? :dope:

:lol::lol:

I went grocery shopping today, A job I would rather take a beating for then do, anyway my cantaloupe fell out of the bag and rolled under my truck then out again and down the parking lot. :headbang1::lol:

Looking stupid, chasing down a cantaloup. At least the watermelon stayed in place.

:dope: I can SOOOO picture that in my head!! :dope: Reminds me of when I chased bottles of vitamin water that rolled out the back of my Burb, down the driveway, and into the street just the other day!! :lol:

Got back from Alaska.. not today, but this is the first time I have had a chance to pst up...

:ah: Holy crap!! Them are some BIIIIGGG fishies!! :lol: :black:

Well the last day of the night drags got up in the morning too go out for one last ride before it was time to go home. I was riding with Ltr450rider and his girl freind and tkriley. Was having a good time until i did a supid thing tried too do a slide out that i'v done a thousand times and flipped my bike and it was so :laughoff: of a crash. Got up not thinking much about it, just a little sore but no big dill. Well for the last couple days i kept felling popping in my side and some pain, that just wont go away. My wife told me you need too go see a doctor about that. So decited too go after work today, found out that i'v got two broken ribs :thumb:

Well the last day of the night drags got up in the morning too go out for one last ride before it was time to go home. I was riding with Ltr450rider and his girl freind and tkriley. Was having a good time until i did a supid thing tried too do a slide out that i'v done a thousand times and flipped my bike and it was so :laughoff: of a crash. Got up not thinking much about it, just a little sore but no big dill. Well for the last couple days i kept felling popping in my side and some pain, that just wont go away. My wife told me you need too go see a doctor about that. So decited too go after work today, found out that i'v got two broken ribs :thumb:

NO WAY :laughoff: . That sucks Pete.

When I rolled up to you I looked at your leg and thought it had an "extra" bend in it at first, hence the "Oh Sh*t".

Hopefully that heals up before the start of the season.

Well the last day of the night drags got up in the morning too go out for one last ride before it was time to go home. I was riding with Ltr450rider and his girl freind and tkriley. Was having a good time until i did a supid thing tried too do a slide out that i'v done a thousand times and flipped my bike and it was so :laughoff: of a crash. Got up not thinking much about it, just a little sore but no big dill. Well for the last couple days i kept felling popping in my side and some pain, that just wont go away. My wife told me you need too go see a doctor about that. So decited too go after work today, found out that i'v got two broken ribs :laughoff:

Damn Pete that sucks. :thumb: Whatever you do...DON'T SNEEZE! :bawl::laughoff: That chit hurts w/ broken ribs. Been there done that.

Damn Pete that sucks. :thumb: Whatever you do...DON'T SNEEZE! :bawl::laughoff: That chit hurts w/ broken ribs. Been there done that.

I did that other day and almost dropped too my knee's and i said what the fk was that sh*t hurt :lol::laughoff: It's going to take more than a couple broken ribs, to stop me from going out on open weekend :laughoff:

NO WAY :laughoff: . That sucks Pete.

When I rolled up to you I looked at your leg and thought it had an "extra" bend in it at first, hence the "Oh Sh*t".

Hopefully that heals up before the start of the season.

Thank sean the funny thing is we were just talking about your girlfreinds crash just write before :thumb:

I didn't have a recent one worthy of this thread til today. About 5:45 this evening, I'm heading south on Rainbow to take my daughter and her friend to a meeting. Just passed Lake Mead, this little ol' black Honda Element decides she's entitled to my lane of travel and takes out the passenger side of my Burb!! She's stuck behind a bus at a stop and swears she didn't see me, or the other guy she nicked too. Dumb sh*t, told the cop it wasn't her fault, she was signaling!! :laughoff: He told her doesn't matter, I had the right-of-way. Good news is no one got hurt, just shook me up pretty good, damage isn't major, still drivable, dent under the side-view mirror, totalled my running board and left a gnarly scrape from the back door on! I'm pretty sure it was that poor running board that flattened her front tire. :thumb: Oh, and HER insurance is gonna pay for it!! :yiah:

I didn't have a recent one worthy of this thread til today. About 5:45 this evening, I'm heading south on Rainbow to take my daughter and her friend to a meeting. Just passed Lake Mead, this little ol' black Honda Element decides she's entitled to my lane of travel and takes out the passenger side of my Burb!! She's stuck behind a bus at a stop and swears she didn't see me, or the other guy she nicked too. Dumb sh*t, told the cop it wasn't her fault, she was signaling!! :laughoff: He told her doesn't matter, I had the right-of-way. Good news is no one got hurt, just shook me up pretty good, damage isn't major, still drivable, dent under the side-view mirror, totalled my running board and left a gnarly scrape from the back door on! I'm pretty sure it was that poor running board that flattened her front tire. :thumb: Oh, and HER insurance is gonna pay for it!! :yiah:

Thats sucks! Glad you weren't hurt and her :laughoff: insurence is going to pay for it! :laughoff:

Thats sucks! Glad you weren't hurt and her :thumb: insurence is going to pay for it! :laughoff:

Yep, gotta make that call this morning. Never done this before so I had to ask the cop how to go about it. We'll see how long this is going to take to get it fixed and lookin' purdy again. :laughoff:

Story of the Day (actually happened yesterday).....

I was flying Southwest out of Reno to Las Vegas. I was working on my laptop at the airport and listening in on some conference call. I realize my flight is getting ready to board, so I run over to the line and they started boarding. The guy from SW taking boarding passes tells me he has to check one of my bags because I'm only allowed 2 carry-ons. I apologize and tell him I forgot to put my laptop tote inside my luggage - I'll consolidate. I usually take day trips, so I wasn't thinking.

As I'm waiting on the jetway in line to board the plane, I realize I didn't zip my bag up all the way, so I go to fix it. I realize I need my laptop for the trip so I'm deciding on how I'm going to consolidate my bags when MR A$$WIPE from SW comes out of nowhere, snakes my luggage and tells me he's going to check it. I follow him back up to the gate, explain what I was trying to do. I'm pretty mild mannered and never lost my cool. He starts yelling at me in front of all the other passengers and tells me that either my luggage gets checked OR I'm staying in Reno! Great customer service!!! :2cents: :moon:

So, I get on the plane, when the flight attendant sees I'm steamed and offers to help me. She listened to my complaint, made sure I still got a decent seat on the plane (I was an "A") and got his name so I could file a complaint (which I did today and got the flight attendant kudos for being so nice).

I hate when these a$$wipes from the airlines think they're God. :beercheers:

Kelly, if that ever happens again, slightly turn in to the vehicle to cause as much damage as poss. to the A-hole that hit u!!!!

LOL, if I had seen it coming, maybe I would have!! If it makes you feel any better, she bounced off my Burb and into a 3rd vehicle. That dude didn't stick around for the cops, "had to go home to eat and take his medication"! :beercheers: :moon:

Well, I called her insurance, the guy recorded my statement, and then proceeds to tell me it probably won't be until next week that the adjuster will call me. :2cents: They have 30 days to get the ball rolling on my repairs!! OR, as per my agent, I can have MY insurance handle the claim, pay the $500 deductable out of MY pocket and let MY insurance go after hers and THEN get reimbursed MY $$$. HELL NO!! :pissed: My agent says "unless it's Allstate, it probably won't take that long" and if I don't hear from them by Wednesday to call him back. Now to play the waiting game. :dunno:

Story of the Day (actually happened yesterday).....

So, I get on the plane, when the flight attendant sees I'm steamed and offers to help me. She listened to my complaint, made sure I still got a decent seat on the plane (I was an "A") and got his name so I could file a complaint (which I did today and got the flight attendant kudos for being so nice).

I hate when these a$$wipes from the airlines think they're God. :beercheers:

Kudos for you for following through!! Also glad you let them know about the flight attendant. Too many people focus on the negative stuff and forget to acknowledge the good things people do!! :2cents:

Kudos for you for following through!! Also glad you let them know about the flight attendant. Too many people focus on the negative stuff and forget to acknowledge the good things people do!! :beercheers:

I was pretty humiliated after that guy yelled at me and caused a scene!

Yeah, she was super cool! It would have been a really bad experience if she hadn't helped! :D