post how heavy your rig and trailer are

dunefreak

my 24' car hauler wieghs in at 8300 lbs fully loaded with toys and camping gear. had to sell half ton sub to get trk to tow dang thing. flying j will give u a printout for each axle, that way u dont have to unhook and rehook.

my 24' car hauler wieghs in at 8300 lbs fully loaded with toys and camping gear. had to sell half ton sub to get trk to tow dang thing. flying j will give u a printout for each axle, that way u dont have to unhook and rehook.

still want a trailer alone and tongue weight so will need to unhook

Truck= 8600 empty

Trailer= 17500 empty

Loaded both 31100 :thumb::cry:

Needless to say I have a lot of upgrades on the dodge to tow this setup. Hope I never hit the weight police :idiot:

One good thing WW did for me (only good thing they did) was my GVWR on trailer was 18,000. After buying it I went right to the scales and called and complained that I only had 500 lbs payload (not even enough for water) so they asked me what I wanted it to say. I told them and they sent me a new sticker. Stupid me only said 21000 because I did not think I had that much stuff but I can lose enough weight, if I had to, to get under my GVWR...dump water and fuel

Edited by YamaKiller

Truck= 8600 empty

Trailer= 17500 empty

Loaded both 31100 :thumb::cry:

Needless to say I have a lot of upgrades on the dodge to tow this setup. Hope I never hit the weight police :idiot:

One good thing WW did for me (only good thing they did) was my GVWR on trailer was 18,000. After buying it I went right to the scales and called and complained that I only had 500 lbs payload (not even enough for water) so they asked me what I wanted it to say. I told them and they sent me a new sticker. Stupid me only said 21000 because I did not think I had that much stuff but I can lose enough weight, if I had to, to get under my GVWR...dump water and fuel

shoulda asked them for 14999 so you wont need a non commerical class a when in CA

Have you been to the nv DMV website lately. 5th wheels over 10000 need the endorsement. I thought it was 15,000 but just learned it is 10,000

What! That sucks! I thought it was 10K for bumper pull.

My set up goes

trailer - empty 10200

truck - 8700

loaded...varies, but gonna get it weighed with all my shizzle in it.

Truck= 8600 empty

Trailer= 17500 empty

Loaded both 31100 :undecided::grin:

Needless to say I have a lot of upgrades on the dodge to tow this setup. Hope I never hit the weight police :beat:

What are the axel ratings? If there 7-k your good but if there only rated for 6 grand it doesn’t matter what the sticker says the axel rating is wher they come up with GVWR be carful :blink:

Just one more thing its not the ticket that’s the problem it’s the chance that you get into an accident & this comes up that’s where your screwed & with WW out of business the only one left is you just say'n :beat::beat:

Im at 16+ tons of feathers :beat:

You better re-weigh your sh*t.. according to whats been posted, your not the heaviest, and everyone knows yours is the heaviest!!!! :undecided:

That's retarded. :beat:

I used to say that....in the fifth grade!!!!! You big stupid head!!! :grin::blink:

I'm efing heavy!!!

Other than figuring it out "on paper" and taking your best guess at it. How are you guys weighing your chit?

:blink:

truck scales like at a Flying J or Pilot truck stop. It's like 7 or 8 bucks and they give you a printout for each axle weight ;)

My trailer says 13,000+ dry, and I've been pulled over and warned. I have a hard time believing a 25' tow behind weighs that much, but I know this season I need to "face the dragon" and get the R endorsement... :bert:

That should be the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating: combined weight of the trailer PLUS the rated cargo capacity it can carry)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Truck with 230 gal of fuel and 120 gal of water + two quads

21,000 lbs

Trailer loaded for a trip

18,600 lbs

Grand total

39,600 lbs

Just an easy pull down the highway.

... so Doug, you have only 11000 lbs left for tongue weight ? :laughing::dunno:

man, i love real trucks :dunno:

the door sticker on our Pete reads 50000lbs GVW (12000lbs front axle 2x 19000lbs rears). i removed one axle... (funny thing is that Dana/Eaton actually bumps the rating to 20000 on a single screw)....so now the new GVW is 32000 lbs. plenty of safety left in load capacity and (more important) brake capacity.

maybe some peeps call this overkill :dope: ..... but i call it peace of mind... and it is actually a lot cheaper then a pickup truck