post how heavy your rig and trailer are

dunefreak

lol ... the dark side :laughing:

i made a all-purpose steel bed for the Pete that fits behind my extended sleeper (7'x8' deck with 30klbs goose, 45k pintle and 2"hitch .....my plan was to build a tricked-out gooseneck from the ground up .....but i realized that i simply dont have the time to do that.

so i`m back to plan "B"; right now i'm looking for a used 40'-48' frameless aluminum dry-van trailer (the crazy thing is you can buy them way cheaper then what you would pay for the building material :dope:)

so last week i actually re-installed the commercial "Holland" trailer hitch plate to the bed.

we plan to move in the spring (that big dry-van will be very handy for that :dunno: ) after we are settled i plan to convert the trailer into a pimp toybox :dunno:

Edited by spooner

• 2 weeks later...

I'm estimating around 29-30k truck and trailer loaded. I need to weigh it to be sure.

When I pulled my 48'er with my Dodge: Dodge alone was 7920#, Dodge with trlr hanging on it but off the scale was 12,780#s and Trk & trlr both on scale with all axles was 27,480#s.

That's a Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 with 4:10's, chip in 1st position for tow, 5" exhaust from turbo back with blow through muffler and then split into 2 4" pipes, Air box, deep trans pan & both diff pans, oh yea and suspension snubbers on the rear.

Now it should be clear why I bought my Freightliner!

I towed a 41 ft WW with my F350 Diesel Dually for 3 seasons. I had it chipped, intake and exhaust upgrades, 4:10 rear end, helper springs yada yada yada. Was never a problem pulling it , although I know it was hard on the tranny. I just never felt safe stopping it.

Took the first trip week before Halloween with the Freightliner pulling the same trailer and there was no comparison. Put the cruise control on 55 and I never felt the trailer behind me. Pulls 1400 rpm at 55 and 1550 RPMs at 70.

There are a couple really quick change street lights on palmdale road and I got hit with one and had to stop really quick and it was no problem at all. Never could of done that with my 1 ton.

post-14-1226899060_thumb.jpg

80grit Glad you had a great trip. A person doesn't realize how much over weight you can be till the right tow vehicle is used. Then the driving is pleasant with no stress.

Hey Doghouse Will have to check out the new rig next week. Talked to Steve and Ernie here in Denver today and they will not be making the trip to Dumont next week. Work is getting in their way.

Doug

80grit Glad you had a great trip. A person doesn't realize how much over weight you can be till the right tow vehicle is used. Then the driving is pleasant with no stress.

Hey Doghouse Will have to check out the new rig next week. Talked to Steve and Ernie here in Denver today and they will not be making the trip to Dumont next week. Work is getting in their way.

Doug

Dang it, sorry to hear that Steve & Ernie aren't coming down.

• 2 months later...

Well i will add to the weight page as long as nhp or the chp do not try to come and find me :ynot:

2001 monaco GVWR is 42000 lbs

24' stacker empyr 8700 lbs

buggy 2670 lbs

fuel,kids quads and joyner buggy,fuel,tools, 1500lbs

Grand total around 55,000

The coach will pull down the road at 75-80 all day long it just hates baker grade 35 at the top of the hill!

I took my trailer down to the scales today just to satisfy my curiosity.

Truck and trailer (loaded) was 14k and change

Just the trailer was 7320lbs. I didn't think my enclosed with the rail in it was that much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

All I know is these manufactures weights are BS! You can tell when these guys are lieing to ya when their lips move and you can hear them talk.

Edited by Don29palms

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but I think I remember my 08 2500HD diesel 4X2 weighing in around 7400 lbs. All the literature I have on my 06 GearBox 375FS says 10,500 empty. With 125 gals of water, food, BEER, personal items, 13,500 lbs. So 20,900 lbs. total? I'm gonna have to pull it to work one day, we have a free scale right by the entry gate. I still have no toys to put in it yet! (I've been looking hard)

• 1 month later...

I've got a 1959 bus conversion. (Old Greyhound coach). With the new motor, rear end, and 13 spd. tranny she weighs in right @ 27,000. I pull a 28' box trailer that comes in @ around 8,500. That puts it up to about 35,500 combined weight running 6-7 mpg :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

I scaled yesterday at 26440 after our new years trip to dumont. So I lost a bunch of weight in firewood (I took lot), fuel, and water. At least another 1000 lbs there.

5080 front axle

6540 rear axle (dually)

14820 trailer axles (triple)

$9.00 at the TA.

its a 98 4x4 dodge extra cab (cummins ofcourse) and a 50 ft trailer with 5 quads, 4 seater subie, and 4 seater samurai power bunk beds, kitchen table/bed, and another wall bed, water tank, tool box, two roof airs, and a honda 6500 gen.

Got 11 mpg round trip, with a boost leak that slowed it down on the hills.