7 years ago today

Richard Cheese

since that fateful day back on Sept 11, 2001, as an american, its been a new frontier. Unsuredness as to the direction of our country, towards feeling safe, leading the life i want to lead without having to constantly worry about what is coming next.

Yes, that day proved that we were NOT impenitrable, but, we as a nation have stood up to fight back, and have yet to be hit again on our soil.

I am proud to call myself an american. to be able to have friends who feel the same way is priceless. having the ability to do what we want, when we want is a gift....dont ever forget that.

as i do what i do for a living, i try to instill these thoughts into every little set of eyes staring back at me on a daily basis, to be able to comprehend what has been handed to us, with an operator's manual (the constitution) takes not only thinking skills, but responsibility.

I trully believe this is the greatest nation on the face of the earth, present and past. We are the future, and as americans, it is in OUR hands to continue to strive to be the best.

everyone i have met on this board is this kind of person, living free, responsible, having fun, but knowing in the back of their minds that one day, sacrafice could come calling....i believe all of you would be ready for that, if the time came

And for our Veterans on the board (if i missed you i am sorry) Aceisback, woody (currently serving) I want to thank you for your dedication of your life to protect this country. I am grateful for you, and others like you for what you fight so hard to give me....and the others on this board....and within our country's borders, as well as others in this world

:laughoff::driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :clap::usa::usa: :usa: :usa:

:woo_hoo:

Edited by richard cheese

:driver::driver::driver::driver::clap::usa:

I completely agree!! Good job Jason!!!

I know that there are alot more Vets and currently serving on the bored! We have several.........

and I am sure several lurkers as well!!

Firemen, Policemen, Paramedics, Search and Rescue all you guys and gals as well..........

THANK YOU!

You are special people that have chosen a path to put yourselves in danger on a daily basis......

Thank all of you for making it possible for me to be able to sleep at night!

:woo_hoo::laughoff:

Cheese, that was outstanding!

Being part of the intelligence community for the last 10 years I can tell everyone (although I doubt you need reminding) that there are individuals still fighting for this everyday. Nobody in the intelligence community (or the military) has forgetten about this day 7 years ago in the least. I'm proud of all the service members (my brothers) that have fought and continue to fight the war on terrorism. I have friends (as do most of us) that continue to deploy on a weekly basis, to fight this fight, I wish them all well and a safe return.

I had friends working in the pentagon at the time of the crash, I can tell you in reflection I was probably the most frantic I've ever been that day. I had woke up that morning to start my honeymoon, but after hitting the news and watching the 2nd plane hit, all I cared about about was if everyone was ok. Then when the pentagon happened I was in shambles! Luckily, my friends in the pentago were un harmed.

Sorry for the reflection, but I doubt I will ever forget the events from that day EVER.

Thank you, fire fighters, police, paramedics, and military!

02Sept6_911LetsRollUSSBelleau500SailoMarin.jpg

The above picture was taken while we were on Deployment shortly after the attacks. We were out to sea at the time of the attacks and were ordered to return to port and be ready to deploy within a week. That is a time I will never forget. As I prepare to deploy yet again to Afghanistan to fight this war on terror I reflect on the day this terrible event happened and look foward to doing my part to make sure nothing like this happens again on my watch.

My heart and prayers go out to all Americans who lost a loved one in the Tragic events of 9/11/01, and to those who have lost loved ones as a result of the war over the last 7 years.

IT2(SW) Chad D. Schisler

USN

:woo_hoo::laughoff::driver::driver::driver::driver::clap::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Edited by HI_DESERT_DDR

That is one day where I will never forget where I was when I heard the news.

One year to the day later, I am on a flight back to South Carolina to start my new career as a Border Patrol Agent. Six years have passed since I have joined the Patrol and I have put a fair share of dirtbags behind bars as well as kick out those who don't belong here.

I truely love what I do and hope in some way I have made a small contribution to keeping us safe in some way. I will continue doing so until I am told to retire.....in 19 YEARS!!!

sitting in long beach at a High Tech Criminal Investigation seminar walked into the show to see people crowded around tv's at the bars going ok wtf is going on then i saw the news and went holy crap... The show got real scarce after that since alot of the instructors were fbi, cia, so on and so forth.. I was sittin there thinking well they got the east coast now if they really wanted to eff with us whats on the west coast.. OHH ya the largest import and export shipping docks in the country.. that would surely make a mess.. needless to say i didnt stay there too long hopped in the car and hauled butt home.

today (sept 11 2008) i got on a flight for FT Lewis Washington for some well needed military training and schooling. As i walk around post checking out all these young soldiers from 18 on up, most with combat patches, Combat Action Badges, some with prosthetics, some limping. I feel very proud of these kids. at their age they have seen things that will forever change their lives. Iam trying to get a deployment right now over to Afganistan before its all over. I feel that i have been deprived from my last 3 deployments. Its time for me to do my share and keep one of these kids from having to go back.

thank you to all my friends who support the soldiers, (you dont have to support the war, just the ones with American flags on their arms) thank you for loving your country. THANK GOD for family, friends, sand dunes and mini mogs..(just kidding about the mog)...but thank all of you for being there for all of us in uniform.

SSG Cole George

United States Army Reserve

today (sept 11 2008) i got on a flight for FT Lewis Washington for some well needed military training and schooling. As i walk around post checking out all these young soldiers from 18 on up, most with combat patches, Combat Action Badges, some with prosthetics, some limping. I feel very proud of these kids. at their age they have seen things that will forever change their lives. Iam trying to get a deployment right now over to Afganistan before its all over. I feel that i have been deprived from my last 3 deployments. Its time for me to do my share and keep one of these kids from having to go back.

thank you to all my friends who support the soldiers, (you dont have to support the war, just the ones with American flags on their arms) thank you for loving your country. THANK GOD for family, friends, sand dunes and mini mogs..(just kidding about the mog)...but thank all of you for being there for all of us in uniform.

SSG Cole George

United States Army Reserve

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:driver::clap::woo_hoo::driver::usa::laughoff::driver::usa::driver:

Thats a very well worded statement!!!!!!!

Edited by mredgy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:driver::usa::woo_hoo::driver::usa::laughoff::driver::usa::driver:

Thats a very well worded statement!!!!!!!

More truthful words could not have been spoken Cole. As a member of the Armed Forces you are told where to go and what to do, even if you don't like it. My heart goes out to all those who have served in this war. Bravo Cole ! :clap::usa::usa:

Edited by desertrider71

this is a little off topic and I'm not trying to plug my band....but

I just wrote a song about standing up for whats right and never backing down if you wanna check it out...

like i said somewhere else its not for everybody so...

but listen to the words

www.myspace.com/kidgalahad760

this is a little off topic and I'm not trying to plug my band....but

I just wrote a song about standing up for whats right and never backing down if you wanna check it out...

like i said somewhere else its not for everybody so...

but listen to the words

www.myspace.com/kidgalahad760

I can't understand a damn thing. :laughoff::driver::woo_hoo:

9/11............................... that day ............... i was stationed at nellis afb at that time. that day changed everything for U.S.A. the Military will never be the same. since 9/11 i have deployed 7 times (Afghanistan, Djibouti, Iraq, Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Iraq) and today i just found out about another trip i might be going on :woo_hoo: but i love the :laughoff: and i do it for family and friends, and the freedoms that we have as Americans . if you dont like it leave.