Jon aka fctryblack84...

SandBox_Kid

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im down for that..everyone i just want to say thanks for all the prayers on making a speddy recovery. plastic surgen loves how everything looks, and even my hand surgen was impressed on how good of a job he did. tmr, (tuesday) i start physical therapy on my right hand, on the fingers to get em stretched out and get em to start moving again. i will post pictures of my hand in my profile thingy when i get the chance, the pictures are up too date an about a week or two old.

thanks jon

Awesome Jon ! You can actually roost verses that Cheese guy ! Best wishes on your already awesome recovery ! Take care brother !

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys/girls whoever lol..just a quick update therapy sux :banghead: but ill get over it..everything is just about closed up except for the thumb, palm area buts its really close to being closed up other than that things are great. for the last time i want to think every one who prayed and wished for a speedy recovery it does mean alot and every once in a while i go back and read this thread. and it makes me realize that there are ppl out there who really care for ya even some ppl i dont know or barely know.

thanks

-jon :B

Edited by fctryblack84

Great to hear progress Jon. Like Ian said, that physical therapy does suck, but it is really important. I had to go through it with my two broken arms a few years ago. Without it, the mobility of my arm movement would have been limited for the rest of my life. Stick with it and be patient. The payoff is invaluable.

Glad to hear things are "coming together" Jon! and yeah the physical therapy does suck, but it works.... you making a trip out to Dumont for thanksgiving?

thanks, no im not gonna sit at camp not be able to drink and sit on my a$$ all weekend cause i cant ride and i really want to lol

Great to hear progress Jon. Like Ian said, that physical therapy does suck, but it is really important. I had to go through it with my two broken arms a few years ago. Without it, the mobility of my arm movement would have been limited for the rest of my life. Stick with it and be patient. The payoff is invaluable.

ya i hear on that i even push my-self and extra hour a day of doing the exercises at home my self

awesome news Jon!!!!

you'll be at the D sooner than you know... just seems long, but REALLY GLAD that you are doing GREAT!!!

and hell if it were me, I'd spend a day at the Dunes rather than sit at home, just me LOL.......course I ride with broken ribs, and pain meds :whistle::bawl:

God Speed Brotha :B

• 2 months later...

heres an update therapy is goin well.......grip strength went from 2 lbs for a few weeks to 15lbs tuesday that just passed. on the 8th of jan i got the go ahead to that i can drive from painmanagement. im able to grasp thing and pick up lite objects. whoever is goin to casa de la coles bday,i will be there if u wanna see how the hand looks

thank

jon

• 7 months later...

well today has been 1 year since day of the accident, and i just want to thank everyone once again for the prayers, magazines. really do appreciate it. cant believe how time fly's. well here are some pictures of today of how my hand looks.

DSCN0575.jpg

fully closed

DSCN0577.jpg

fully open

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

and my left arm, where they took the arty skin graph from.

DSCN0584.jpg

Edited by fctryblack84

damn that looks great!!! considering what they were up against, fully closed looks like you can ride again some day... and fully open well the one finger that counts works! :)

the joint in my pink is locked, they can do a surgery but it's a 50/50 chance on it being more movable or not, my ring finger is about where it is going to be at, once again another surgery to release the tendon or a tendon transplant. in all i dont want to be set back with therapy, im happy with where i am now and the things im able to do. i can ride but its a pain, prolly get a steering stabilizer, flex bars, and maybe bars that sit higher or a throttle thumb extender. might be at dumont oct 23 i believe.

• 1 month later...

It's been a tough road and I'm proud of you son. :angry2: It's nice to get back to normality (if that's even a word) and get your bike fixed up for ya.

Jon didn't make it, but the family started back to regular dune trips this last weekend before Halloween. It was nice to get back out. :blury: