I joined the side x side club

Vegas FX400

Well, me and the wife went last week and bought this bad boy. I friggin love it. 09 RZR Special Edition

First thing you do is change the airbox and filter. I like the Donaldson filters. Boxes made by BTI and sold by Dragonfire and Holtz. UTM?? has a cheaper verision. Change it back for warrenty work not that Polaris is gonna honor it anyway.

God help you if you bought it from Rip Off Now.

Eli

Posted from the trails and lava rock crawling wilds of Utah. Thank God for my Walker Evans shocks!

First thing you do is change the airbox and filter. I like the Donaldson filters. Boxes made by BTI and sold by Dragonfire and Holtz. UTM?? has a cheaper verision.

Just got the news today:( Mine failed a leak down test at 90 hours and needs a new top end even after daily air filter cleaning. Make sure you clean the filter and look for dust in the thottlebody everyday!

The stock air cleaner was replaced after less than 10 hours with a UNI old style 8503. Still sold as a Sportsman filter last time I looked. I didn't like the new 8513's because they don't use a hose clamp and if the clamps on the airbox cover fail you lose the air filter.

I changed to the Donaldson based airbox because although the UNI helped alot I still saw a little dust in the thottlebody and the hose clamps are a pain in the tail to get to. After changing to a Donaldson there was never any dust in the thottlebody and they are heck of a lot easlier to change/clean. Apparently the damage had already been done.

Don't mean to be down on your new purchase but if you aren't pro-active about the fact RZR's suck dust you'll you will be looking at an expensive top end. Make the dealer do a leak down test before it's out of warrenty.

Eli

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Specifically, why? What are the benefits, do they apply to the 09 RZRS ? and what are the costs associated?

Thanks.

If you're going to run bright lights like we did, the little motorcycle battery can barely keep up.

Side by side sells an Alternator and Optima kit.

Also, change the stock airfilter, get the K&N stock # PL-8007.

The K&N comes with the outerwear and a tube of grease.

Use the stock airfilter clamp too, and tighten it so that it's hard to get the K&N on the air inlet flange.

Also generously grease the flange and the airbox lid seal.

Clean it all after each trip, re-grease, re-install smartly and tightly.

Keep the old airfilter so they can't blame the engine sickies on something you did.

Get the extended warranty too:

We love our rzr and we'll buy a S like yours, but their are still a few teething pains that can be easily dodged.

Don't mean to look like Im pissing on your parade, but this is a serious issue, hope to save you some grief.

Edited by yfzdad