Opening weekend observations & reports

desertrider71

Ok. Chitty post. Got to the D on Thursday arrive about 9:30 pm. Looked for DDRstickers for a minute and decided to hang where we are and wait until morning to move closer to DDR peeps. Cocktails ensue ! :whoop: Wake up Friday and survey the dunes. Beautiful ! Wind blown Face dunes ! Smooth as a babys Arse ! My girlfriend and I go to ride. Not even five minutes in I turn around because she is not behind me. I scoot back and she is Fugged up. She topped a hill and it ended in a witches eye situation but bigger, more like a cyclops eye. I get close and realize she is shaking. She totally endoed and got up close and personal with the handlebars. She had the imprint of a soft Tag Grip on her stomach ! Her left hand had total bruising, 3x normal size. Her right knee is purple. We rolled out without going to the meet and greet . Chit ! We left because she was in a bad way. Got home and had some cocktails. She is OK. That is all that matters. Damn it, I missed meeting peeps ! Dumont will be there, my people matter more than anything. For you peeps that did not get to go this weekend I think I have the most expensive trip ever! 5 minutes at $80.00 per minute. Chit! Ok, I am out. I have a few pics and I will post them tomorrow !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks to hear hope she is ok my wife did the same thing to me back in 02 . Cruising along on my banshee on the the left side of dumont on the easy trails in back. I look back no wifey :worthless_without_pics:

all of a sudden i see a orange wip pop up from no where. she rolled her quad for the first time :whoop:

but no damage . all was good . hope your girl is feeling better after a couple cocktails :whoop:

Ok. Chitty post. Got to the D on Thursday arrive about 9:30 pm. Looked for DDRstickers for a minute and decided to hang where we are and wait until morning to move closer to DDR peeps. Cocktails ensue ! :whoop: Wake up Friday and survey the dunes. Beautiful ! Wind blown Face dunes ! Smooth as a babys Arse ! My girlfriend and I go to ride. Not even five minutes in I turn around because she is not behind me. I scoot back and she is Fugged up. She topped a hill and it ended in a witches eye situation but bigger, more like a cyclops eye. I get close and realize she is shaking. She totally endoed and got up close and personal with the handlebars. She had the imprint of a soft Tag Grip on her stomach ! Her left hand had total bruising, 3x normal size. Her right knee is purple. We rolled out without going to the meet and greet . Chit ! We left because she was in a bad way. Got home and had some cocktails. She is OK. That is all that matters. Damn it, I missed meeting peeps ! Dumont will be there, my people matter more than anything. For you peeps that did not get to go this weekend I think I have the most expensive trip ever! 5 minutes at $80.00 per minute. Chit! Ok, I am out. I have a few pics and I will post them tomorrow !

That statement scares the chit out of me. If she didn't have on a chest protector she could have easily ruptured her spline and bleed to death right before your eyes. EVERYONE PLEASE. if this happens to you or your friend get to the hospital fast. I know this because it happened to my daughters best friend racing BMX. The doctors at first said that they thought he was ok, but his Dad insisted that he they check his spline and by that time he had lost 6 pints of blood inside of him and almost died. So please be cautious

I am glad to here she is ok, thank God, and sorry your weekend got cut short.

NOT FAIR... I WANTED TO GOOOOO... The wife got pissed off at me cuz every 5 min.. Can we go to dumont.. can we go to dumont.. can we go to dumont... I thought she was gonna backhand me while we were at home depot gettin paint for the house lol..

sorry to hear that brother.

on halloween weekend 05, i looked back and didn't see the broad, just as you did. went back a couple dunes and there she was planted in the sand.. she got broad-sided by a couple kids in a rhino. tore her 700r up, most importantly tore her up a bit. she had surgery on her wrist about a year later because of it.

good to hear all is well brother. never stop riding.

sorry to hear about that, we looked for you :news:

glad to hear she is ok...youre absolutely right, the D will be there whenever you get the itch...get her healed!

:thumb:

WOW..great kickoff weekend...it was waaaaay too short, but good times nonetheless GOOD TIMEZ BITCHEZZZZ!!!

:whoop::blah::whoop:frankenstein-smiley-02.gif;) . my abs are still sore from laughing so damn hard

ill be back to post some pics but here are my observations

dammit OGP...put the foil down before you put someones eye out :lol:

fill in the blank :black:

dunefreak really does make people better riders...you dont have a choice! :slap:

ANNA made a guest appearance :clap:

the DDR papparazi likes to get pics of people in their worst moments :blury::drunk: :pile: :drunk2: :dope:

peas n corn bitchezzzz! :worthless_without_pics:

thanks freak for my first ever sandrail ride.....crazy insane

cheese n bryce :lol:

aceisback makes kickazz breakfast burritos!

huge ds650 camp showing :whoop:

string wants to be frank n shiat for holloween :lol: with a BIG bolt :blink:

anyway heres the pics

camp

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008014.jpg

series of sunset pics from Friday night (thanks Jimmy D for the heads up)

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008001.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008002.jpg

do you see the face??

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008003.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008004.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008005.jpg

got up early Sat morning, and took a nice solemn soul searching ride...easy to do with views like this

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008007.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008008.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008009.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008010.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008011.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008012.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008013.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008016.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008017.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008019.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008020.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008021.jpg

made it out to the north pole with aceisback and his crew on the next ride and i saw this...a hayabusa stuffed in a rhino

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008022.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008023.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008024.jpg

meet and greet on Sat @ @pm

ltr450...pete

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008026.jpg

no cheese EFFE YOU!!!! :lol:

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008027.jpg

woody b-boppin around

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008028.jpg

jimmyd..cfcfs, identity crisis, whatever were calling him today

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008029.jpg

a few more from the meet and greet

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008030.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008033.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008034.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008035.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008036.jpg

hey dingle dingle ....yall want a single, say...

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008037.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008038.jpg

post meet and greet ride, resting at north pole...hella epic ride people!! kick aZZ!!

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008039.jpg

even Crustydemon, crusty @ GD.com, and el coyote, latin lover @ GD.com made it out(i dont know why everyone always flips me off :usa::think::lol:

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008041.jpg

so the craziest EFFEN thing as we are pullin outta the D this morning...a fuggin BI-cycle race goin down the 127 with FUGGIN SUPPORT VEHICLES :blah::dope: :black: :black: :black: :clown: ...."hmmmmm yeah, theres gonna be lots of rv's goin up and down that road this weekend, lets plug em up a lil bit...." :blah: :moon:

hey :blah: zzzz..go ride on a fuggin road that actually HAS a fuggin bike lane :loser:

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008043.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008044.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008046.jpg

oceanodunesaug22-24th2008047.jpg

there was like a couple dozen support vehicles going like 10-20 mph between D and baker...effen iceholes

Edited by richard cheese

It was a great weekend, had a blast out there Thanks to everyone. OGP stopped by midday Friday and hooked up my hauler to tow up. Thanks Brother, Wind blew something fierce Friday night, calmed some in the morning, picked up and calmed to make a great Sat evening. Had much fun around the fire Sat night. Great seeing everyone, look forward to next time...SF Woody :whoop:

OpeningWeekend2008040.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008043.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008046.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008050.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008051.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008056.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008057.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008059.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008066.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008064.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008061.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008079.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008074.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008088.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008091.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008097.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008099.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008103.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008106.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008108.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008112.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008116.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008117.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008118.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008119.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008123.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008129.jpg

OpeningWeekend2008132.jpg

What a way to start the season off!!! :whoop::blink::slap:

This was such a great weekend. So many great people, so many laughes, and lots of good dune runs with everyone!!

Weather wasn't too bad considering. The highs were around the low 90's Friday but got the temps seemed to get cooler as the weekend progressed. It was 83 at 1 PM Sunday and felt great! Wind was kickin pretty good Thurs & Fri night, but wasn't too bad during the days. I thought my hauler was gonna tip over Fri night. lol

Dunes were crazy sharp and steep. They almost looked fake! They were difficult to read since they were so smooth, but we made some tracks. :blah:

Comp is JACKED at the top. :ah: HUGE whoops and rollers as well as two BIG witches eyes.

I finally met Mario Gesualdo and family. (The family who donated the buggy to the BLM). What an awesome guy and group of people. :moon: We hung out a few times at his camp and shared some laughes and stories. Thanks for the refreshments, Mario! :whoop:

South Pole meet & greet was a suprisingly good turnout!

Got some adrenaline pumping dune runs in with the crew. Holy crap. Randog and crew are just not right. I love it though. :blah: I had so much fun hanging with you guys. You're a group of true duners for sure. :pile:

My new camp cruiser (TRX70) is da chit!!! :blah: I put some miles on that badboy this weekend. What a cool toy for around camp.

The crazy dave roast was awesome! :news: First we thought he was mexican, then we thought he was a habeeb. :usa: crazy dave nicknames: slurpee duner, habeem car, click click dave, taliban duner, etc etc. God I was laughing so hard. We just kept rollin with the names. :thumb: My face hurt I was laughing so hard. Dave finally had to leave. :blah: Good times Dave...good times...

I was able to meet a few other DDR peeps this weekend. Nice meeting you jackster, gazlay43 and dad, and I think a few others.

monkie was only able to make it out for a very short while, but it was fun while it lasted. She was only there for less than 24 hrs. lol :( She's dedicated though!

What an awesome group of people that we were around this weekend. Thank you all!!! :worthless_without_pics:

Pics and chit to follow. :flatbiller:

Sounds like good times, bummed I missed it! Doesnt look like it was a very busy weekend? Looked alot less people than a normal opening weekend. I think this will be a sign of the times this season for sure. Economy in the pisser! Thanks for sharing the great pics everyone! :whoop:

Wow, What an awesome weekend. :yiah::yiah:

Dune season is here MaFackazzz :moon:

Really glad to meet new peeps and chill with some of our DDR family again. :whoop:

Laughed our azzez off foe schizzz. :blah::thumb: :pile: :think::blah: Can you tell by the pics?

It's an easy calculation: great place + great peeps = great times. :whoop:

Missed a lot of you guys that didn't make it out. :blink:

Sorry to hear about your weekend John :( . Hope your girl heals up quickly. We'll see ya out there soon. :news:

Awesome pics there Woody and Cheese. :usa: I know Pete has a bunch on the way. :blah:

Thank all of you guys for the killer weekend. It's gonna be an awesome season. :slap:

Oh yeah, Thanks to everyone who helped me with jetting my YFZ.

It ran great :mc: . Thanks a million. :worthless_without_pics:

R-

:blah:

Edited by Randog

So yesterday after work I said FUGG IT!!!! Rolled out to The D with a few peeps thismorning and got there around noon....Could not believe how few people there were and how smooth and untouched the dunes were!! Friggin awesome!!!

went on a couple good group rides and a few fast solo's.

Thought I saw Dunefreaks Green Machine :bert: flying towards comp with another rail and two quads in tow. Tried chasing them down but just barely saw them crest banshee hill as i was coming through the pass, got to the top and was gone..... :worthless_without_pics:

Went to the meet&greet at 2, but no one else showed up :whoop:

Wish I could have made it out for the whole weekend, looks like everyone had a great time and some great pics!

CANT WAIT UNTILL HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!

glad to hear your quad ran great there randog

Edited by TheAlaskan

wow so much to try to remember

i rolled in wed about 5pm was 105 on the truck thermo unloaded and went on a short flat land ride to comp and back the only other people there was yamakiller (SP) with 2 trailers. got up about 6 and went for a ride found yamakiller with his rhino on the top of comp pulled up and chatted for awhile while watching the sun rise a true dumont moment. crazy dave rolled in a couple hours later and the rest of the camp came in all day. it was a little warm but got cooler every day. some pretty impressive wind storms blew on and off all weekend a couple at night that woke everyone up :ah: was glad i stayed hooked up. was fun to camp with with the randog crew lew stew mark and dave going to have to camp with you guys again. a lot of great rides even one with a large group on a rail ride my hands have the first trip blisters (soon to be calluses) and my a$$ is sore. i had a couple hauler issues AC stopped working and the refrigerator wasn't cold enough easy fixes i think.

:DDRrocks:

heard and seen...........

if you snore im going to punch you in the forehead. pat to dave

randog can do front wheel wheelies in his rail

brice explained the superman :blink:

mary likes cheetos and she shares

freak can rock a honda 70 with 2 passengers

iceman- my new camp name

saturday camp fire was good times i hurt from laughing

when you fly a kite people laugh untell you you let them fly it

cheese-enough said :clown: way to power nap and wake up in time for the campfire

heard over and over "the dunes are weird this year" and "did you see the rollers and bowls top of comp?"

charlie can find every strange piece of junk in the dunes but didnt find my GPS

ready for the next time welcome to the 2008/2009 dune season

post-978-1223264158_thumb.jpg

post-978-1223264256_thumb.jpg

post-978-1223264302_thumb.jpg

post-978-1223264463_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you guys all had a safe and fun weekend.Sorry to hear about your girlfriend desertrider71.

We are trying to make it to dumont for halloween or the poker run,havent decided which one yet,but we think it is going to be the poker run.Havent seen sand since memorial weekend. :(

Holy cow!! Whatta weekend!!!!!! We rolled in about an hour ago. :DDRrocks: Hit the 127 at 3:30, got home at 8:30. Pain in the butt keepin' 3 motorhomes plus our hauler focused on GETTING HOME!! Not even gonna unload tonight. Took the bare essentials off the hauler, set the motion detector and locked it up for the night. Too tired and sore for much of anything else. (So much for Davey's day off tomorrow, he has his work cut out for him. I'm going to work to relax. ;) ) Got some great pictures also....will share tomorrow!! :D