Toyhauler tire wear.

sandslayer

I have one tire on my fifth wheel that the tread is just wearing off. Before my last trip i noticed that the tread on this tire looked worn but when i came back to town i looked at it and i was noticeably worse. The other tires look fine. I have a triple axle 38.5' gearbox. Any thoughts...

I would say its the load above the tires causing the problems. If it was hard turning either direction the the wear should be uniform on that side. Try moving the load inside next time and see if the problem follows over to a different tire. If so then you have your answer.

I think my wear is normal use..... The rear tires on the triples are worn from the outside in.... Tires are also 3 yrs old....

FYI always keep the proper amount of air in the tires. Keep out of sun during storage...

Hmmmmm can triple axels be rotated??? front to rear????

The tight turns dunefreak is talking about is what I am assuming is causing the wear. The mid and front tires look good....

:laughing:

just about any turn will wear them out.. that third axle doesnt really turn it kinda DRAAGS around corners.. so the rears usually get worn out quicker than the front 2 axles..

sandslayer i would lay odds yours is probably due to the extra weight on that side of the trailer as well..

I think my wear is normal use..... The rear tires on the triples are worn from the outside in.... Tires are also 3 yrs old....

FYI always keep the proper amount of air in the tires. Keep out of sun during storage...

Hmmmmm can triple axels be rotated??? front to rear????

The tight turns dunefreak is talking about is what I am assuming is causing the wear. The mid and front tires look good....

I was told @ Jonnie walker when I bought my triple axle 5'er that the tires should be rotated. Frt set and rear set , seem to be wearing faster than centers. And if u have a place to do it, have air removed and put Nitrogen in them, i have nitro in everything i own ( doesnt heat up and increase/decrease pressure like air)

U take a tire with 32 psi of air up into 8000 ft moutains, pressure drops to low 20's Nitro is WAY more stable . just .02 cents

:beercheers:

OK at first I thought Nitrogen was exploosive.. but here is what I found

Nitrogen in tires is becoming a popular replacement for standard air. Nitrogen is all around us... the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and the rest is small amounts of other gasses. When it comes to tire inflation, nitrogen has many advantages over oxygen. With nitrogen tire inflation, improvements can be noted in a vehicle's handling, fuel efficiency and tire life through better tire pressure retention, improved fuel economy and cooler running tire temperatures.

to get your closest location go to Get Nitrogen

Think I am going to try this!! Thanks!! :beercheers::bs:

Edited by White Rhino

Just a little info here if this helps. I have a 07 Cyclone 5th with triple axles. I had tire wear on out side edge only, had the trailer checked for aliment and found all three axles were out of aliment. Lucky trailer was under warranty and they were replaced. If you have them checked and there out, most places can set the aliment on the axles for you, cost is a lot cheaper then new ones.

Thanks for the help everybody! I think i will try rotating the tires first then check into Nitrogen.

I checked your profile, and it doesn't specify, so....... are you in las vegas area or ? If you are, i can do the nitro for ya, i work at a car dealership , and we have the equipment. With The DDR discount, it will cost approx. nothing including tax. :laughing:

I checked your profile, and it doesn't specify, so....... are you in las vegas area or ? If you are, i can do the nitro for ya, i work at a car dealership , and we have the equipment. With The DDR discount, it will cost approx. nothing including tax. :think:

Thanks i will PM you when i get back from Dumont. :rockwoot:

Guest Crasher

I don't know if mine wear out to quick...they just grow enormous tumors or blow the Eff up!!!! I'm going with solid rubber tires!!!!!!!! :laughing:

LMAO!!! You mean like this.......????

post-1022-1225319136_thumb.jpg

That was so ridiculous. :beerpint: Who gets a tumor in their tire???? Us of course. :laughing: