Trash Bags In Pick Up Beds Or Open Trailers

Every time we leave the dunes we as many of you, see full bags of trash on the side of the road that have blown out of pick-up beds and open trailers.

Somehow we need to make people aware that while it is appreciated when packing it out, they also need to make sure it is secured so it does not blow out of their vehicles when going home. Trash bags need to be tied off or secured with a heavy objects on top or placed inside a enclosed trailer for the trip home.

Did you guys pick em up? :driver:

Time to make a new banner for the homepage. "Strap yo trash, fool!!!" :beercheers:

This has been discussed many times at the TRT meetings. They need to put a sign up on the way out as a reminder to those who don't know about the concept of how pickup beds create a vacuum of air that lifts chit up and out of the back. The sign should just say something like make sure your trash bags are secure in your trucks (ma fackas).

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I were at Dumont the entire week prior to Vets day, just after Halloween. We stay in the wash but decided to go on top and look for wood. We found about a weeks worth of wood but the worst part, there was trash everywhere. We filled 6 50 gal bags within about an hour just from the camping area. There was even a BBQ (the big kind we have at home left there). We also picked up 8 bags that were full but people left in the open. I went back to the wash, unhitched my dually, went back up and filled the back with bags, along with the BBQ and took it into Baker. Just going down the dirt road, we found 2 more bags that had flown out of someone's vehicle. I looked like the junk man hauling bags in the back of my dually. I tied everything down so it would not fly out. Yes, people, we need to haul out our trash but make sure it just doesn't blow out the back.

By the way, that week was awesome. Tues it blew like crazy, but by the evening, the dunes were smooth as a baby's bottom. There were only 6 other campers until Friday making the dunes fantastic. Most of the tracks for 3 days were our own.

My family and I were at Dumont the entire week prior to Vets day, just after Halloween. We stay in the wash but decided to go on top and look for wood. We found about a weeks worth of wood but the worst part, there was trash everywhere. We filled 6 50 gal bags within about an hour just from the camping area. There was even a BBQ (the big kind we have at home left there). We also picked up 8 bags that were full but people left in the open. I went back to the wash, unhitched my dually, went back up and filled the back with bags, along with the BBQ and took it into Baker. Just going down the dirt road, we found 2 more bags that had flown out of someone's vehicle. I looked like the junk man hauling bags in the back of my dually. I tied everything down so it would not fly out. Yes, people, we need to haul out our trash but make sure it just doesn't blow out the back.

By the way, that week was awesome. Tues it blew like crazy, but by the evening, the dunes were smooth as a baby's bottom. There were only 6 other campers until Friday making the dunes fantastic. Most of the tracks for 3 days were our own.

Very cool of you, Larry. :beercheers:

BTW, since this thread started there has been a banner link on the homepage for a reminder for people to tie down their trash bags.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/trash.html

Very cool of you, Larry. :beercheers:

BTW, since this thread started there has been a banner link on the homepage for a reminder for people to tie down their trash bags.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/trash.html

And while on the subject, thanks for the blurb about the speed limit on Vendors Row. This ares is a lot more dusty than our old location.

I'm waiting for someone to do a wheelie or something and run into a crowd of people, and then the rangers will take notice. It would be nice if they took notice before it happens, but you know how that goes.