07yzf450 need help

stalteri

Rode @ cold creek the other week and noticed a lot more popping when off the throttle in 2nd/3rd gear not fast-fast but trail speed, say down a slope. I noticed it last year but didn't seems as bad. I checked the valve clearance end of last year and all 5 where in spec tolerance. It does it @ Dumont and Amargosa as well. I also have noticed from day one that it seems to feel like it is, on/off/on/off or a slight stumble with very little throttle, but with f/t it is fine and has no bog. Anybody eles have this happen and what was the fix...PLEASE!

-Tony

deffinately your jetting.

Rule of thumb to remember:

Idle to 1/4 = pilot

1/4 to 3/4 = needle

3/4 to full = main

Sounds to me like you might need to go up on your pilot jet

Thanks TheAlaskan. I pulled the carb and the pilot jet which was #45 stock, will try a #48 and give it a try.

yeah my 450 does that too

especially when im goin down comp in a low gear

i remember someone tellin me wut it was said it was nothin to worry about especially with the aftermarket pipe

but idk wut kind of popping urs is makin so i cant make an assessment

good luck with it tho :dunno:

Thanks TheAlaskan. I pulled the carb and the pilot jet which was #45 stock, will try a #48 and give it a try.

That's a great start. If you still have problems after that. Try installing a NVCQ needle. I have no popping at all. Runs like a bat out of hell.