Dumont Dunes Passes
You need a weekly or season pass for each vehicle driven into the dunes. You do not need passes for your trailer and OHV/green sticker vehicles in your truck or trailer, only for the primary vehicle you drive in with when you enter and exit.
Weekly Pass (available on site at the machine with credit card)
$30 for a weekly pass for any non-holiday week
$40 for a weekly pass that includes a holiday weekend
Season Pass (purchase options listed below)
$90 for a season pass with holiday black-out dates
$120 for a season pass that includes holidays
A Holiday Pass Is Required During These Holiday Blackout Dates
Halloween: Oct 24-30, 2023
Thanksgiving: Nov 21-27, 2023
New Year's: Dec 27, 2023 - Jan 2, 2024
Martin Luther King Jr.: Jan 10-Jan 16, 2024
President's Day: Feb 14-20, 2024
Where to Buy Your Season Passes or Holiday Weekly Passes
Note: Season passes are not available from the on-site machines at Dumont. Some vendors have had them available on vendor row on busy holiday weekends in the past, but availability isn't always guaranteed. It is best to purchase your pass ahead of time from an off-site vendor or directly from the BLM.
1) Online at Recreation.gov: https://www.recreation.gov/activitypass/e210305d-b769-11eb-87ed-16dbf55c498d
2) Call the BLM and order by phone 760-252-6000
3) BLM by mail. Send a check and request to:
BLM Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
4) At the Dumont entrance pay station (only weekly passes are available onsite)
5) From a participating vendor listed below
Season Pass Vendors (pending stock availability)
- Johnnie Walker RV, 4784 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV. 89121 Phone....702-436-2495
- Carter PowerSports, 6775 South Decatur BLVD, Las Vegas, NV. 89118, Phone..702 795-2000
- K&Y Country Store (76 station across from Mad Greek in Baker) 72129 Baker Blvd, Baker, CA 92309 Phone 760-733-4252
- Grewal Travel Center (76 Baker Travel Plaza), 72363 Baker Blvd., Baker, CA. 92309 Phone 760-733-4505
- Valero Service Station, 71808 Baker Blvd., Baker, CA. 92309 Phone 760-733-4542
- Parker Kawasaki, 1201 S. Hwy 160, Pahrump, NV. 89048 Phone 775-537-6686
- Shoshone General Store, Highway 127, Shoshone, CA. 92384, Phone 760-852-4224
- There are no day passes. If you don't have a season pass, you can purchase a pass at the entrance kiosk by credit card only. The pass is good for 7 days. (pass prices below)
- You can buy a season pass from off-site vendors who sell them. You can find a list of vendors above.
- Although the Barstow public room is remains closed to the public due to COVID-19, a telephone message can be left at 760-252-6000 stating desire to purchase a pass and the telephone call will be returned with a credit card payment accepted. You may have to call back several times to reach them. KEEP TRYING. Another option is to mail request with payment via check to BLM Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311.
- All passes must display your last name and the license plate number of your vehicle.
- Passes can not be given to someone else.
- Passes may be taken from you by BLM employees if you violate a rule at the dunes.
- FEE MACHINES WILL ONLY SELL WEEKLY PASSES. ALL ANNUAL PASSES MUST BE BOUGHT OFF-SITE.
CA Non-resident OHV Use Permit Stickers
All vehicles that operate at Dumont Dunes must be registered or permitted to operate in the State of California, A green sticker, license plate or CA non-resident OHV sticker must clearly be displayed.
If you are not a resident of California and your OHV is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV Use Permit to legally operate your vehicle. If you already have another state's registration or sticker on your vehicle, some may be honored at Dumont and you might not need a CA non-resident sticker. See details below.
AB 232 Reciprocal recognition of OHV registration
Effective January 1, 2022 the State of California will no longer recognize another State’s OHV registration program unless that State also recognizes California’s program. Out of state recreationists must purchase a California non-resident permit to ride on public lands if his/her home state requires residents of California to purchase a non-resident permit for his/her currently registered OHV. View the complete OHV Bulletin in this link.
More info for out of state visitors: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=26294#visitor
Places to buy your CA Non-Resident OHV stickers
1 ) Online: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669
2) ProShop Motorsports & Marine, 575 W Lake Mead Dr., Henderson, NV 89015 (702) 564-8895
3) Parker’s Kawasaki in Pahrump. 1201 Hwy 160 #99, 775-537-6686
4) The visitor center may have them on busy, holiday weekends.
5) Complete list of vendors: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/NR 2019 web Vendor list.pdf