head / exaust connection on 1985 70

goodguys75

thanks for any help...just bought an 85 70 atc from vegas style.......and when I took the cylinder head off, i noticed where the exaust bolts on there is like a wedge like piece missing from the casting...Is that normal, or is that a problem.......So where the flange bolts to the cylinder, the casting almost looks thin, and has a little piece missing and thin.....hope it makes sense.....the other head i have looks the same, did not know if that is normal, or a wear part for them.... :headbang1:

Edited by goodguys75

it is the casting the other head i gave should be the same. odd looking i had to look it up the first time i saw it

there both about the same, downloaded the service manual and it showed the same pic...thanks again...bike is all torn apart ready for motor work and paint......yahoo

kind of fun to work on huh?

there alot of fun...and dont take too much room when they are all apart.....just wished i had downloaded the manual yesterday......would have been a little easier.....loosing the ball bearings was a lot of fun and a HUGE suprise................... :headbang1: