THE FINAL DECISION ON WHETHER WE LOSE 90% OF THE BEACH IS THIS TUESDAY April 17th

Sand_Mom

THE FINAL DECISION ON WHETHER WE LOSE 90% OF THE BEACH IS THIS TUESDAY

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING IN SAN LUIS OBISPO ON TUESDAY 4/17.

If they vote NO on the sale or lease of the property (La Grande Tract) the only beach you will have to ride on at “Pismo” will be on the beach from pole 2 – 6 (from March – September). There will be almost no camping and almost no riding in the back dunes.

You need to ask yourself – have you done everything in your power to keep this from happening? We aren’t exaggerating the impact this will have. WE NEED YOU TO ATTEND THE MEETING! The enviros outnumbered us 10 to 1 at the last 2 meetings. If that happens on Tuesday, we WILL LOSE!

The meeting starts at 9AM – fill out a speaking slip immediately upon entering. You never know how (in what order or timing) they will run the meeting, so please be on time!

The agenda item is: C-3 for our appeal, F-1 for the sale

Where:

County Government Center

1055 Monterey Street

San Luis Obispo, CA 93408

Telephone: (805) 781-5000

Toll free: (800) 834-4636

All you need to say is that you support the sale of the land to the department of parks and recreation. Or, anything you’d like to say… speak from your heart. Be professional – and as hard as it will be, don’t let the enviros bait you into argument -- They will lie, they will call us names, don’t let them get to you!

Please send this email to everyone you know!

It is too bad that there is not one large org that we all can belong to that will help us fight this fight. ASA, glamisdunes, corva, orba, FoOD, FoDD, FoSM. All good orgs, but because we are divided the opposition finds it easier to conquer us one at a time. When one falls they will move on to the next area. And make no mistake they will not stop until everything is closed.

There is no division, only specialties, and in my opinion that's not a bad thing.

Each area has specific needs that cannot be addressed by an "umbrella" organization. So, for instance, Friends of Oceano Dunes works alongside CORVA, BRC, DUNERS, Friends of Sand Mountain, Friends of Dumont Dunes and many others, in the overall fight for access rights, but when an issue specific to that area comes down, they take the lead because they are knowledgeable in the specific issues of that area.

Friends of Oceano Dunes is a good organization that has championed the Oceano cause very well. Right now they need help and that's where all those other organizations come in. Now is the time when every pro-access organization should be rousing their members into action.

Oceano is an important fight and we should all be doing whatever we can to keep it open.

Vicki

Thanks Vicki. I am not privy of whats going on behind the scenes and this is good to know.

I will repeat what you said

"Oceano is an important fight and we should all be doing whatever we can to keep it open."

Thanks for your words

Edited by Kevlar

this is the first thing i've heard about them having to make this decision and i go to pismo to ride more than anyother spot. i wish i could make it to the meeting to support our cause. i hope that everything goes good cause i would really hate to lose the dunes.

Redswr, I urge you to join the discussion board here http://oceanodunes.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2 and stay informed. If you cant attend the hearing, the next best thing is to inundate them with emails.

Here is a good place to start http://slorider.com/ODSVRA/200704/Flier.pdf

This flier has all the info to write an intelligent letter and lists all the email addresses.

Edited by Kevlar

I sent my e-mail off.

When my kids were little we took them there and rented ATC, they still talk about it. It was so much fun. We are planning a trip this summer to Pismo with them and our grandkids. Sure hope they don't take it away from us.

If you can't make it to the meeting please take a few moments and e-mail. Just my :headbang1: