duramax fule filter change

I change my fuel filters every other oil change (about 10,000 miles) due to diesel being a dirty fuel, clogging up your filter, robbing power, and possibly worse, plugging your injectors.

anyway, I wanted to warn all you d-max owners, when changing your fuel filter, and bleeding the line of air....BE EFFEN CAREFUL WITH THAT P.O.S. PLASTIC BLEEDER NUT.

my truck is a 2003, with 60,000 miles on it, so roughly 4-5 yrs old. with the engine heat, contact with diesel, plus the hot and cold conditions experienced here in Bakersfield (similiar to vegas), plastic under the hood, especially pieces that when they malfunction, stop your truck, don't hold up very well (GM what WERE you thinkin? :happydrunks: )

anyway, I am bleeding the plastic 13 mm fuel filter nut, and it begins to turn really easy :laughoff: . the head snapped off, leaving the screw body IN the threads. well, that took me about 10 minutes to fish that out :flipoff:

stealership bent me over for nearly 15 bucks for what amounts to be a piece of plastic not worth more than .15 cents :laughoff:

here is a link to a company who manufactures an aftermarket stainless steel bleeder nut for our trucks.....and the best thing is....they are only 8 bucks ..... :laughoff: hmmmmmm an upgrade? and it costs less? :think: ............................ :stick_smack: yeah, I pulled the trigger on this no brainer...

effen plastic bleeder nut....dee dee dee