fuel station questions and emergency shut off switch confusion

Richard Cheese

I WAS PUMPing gas out of my station the other day to use the lawn mower, and the pump just stopped. i was able to get it working again by flicking the emergency switch next the the nozzle housing off and on while i was pumping.

this led me to think that the emergency shutoff switch was bad, so i pulled it. this confused me even more, because the switch a c1500aa, is rated for 250 v ac fir a 1hp pump @ 10 amps and 125 v ac for a 1/2 hp pump

how is this possible when the pump system runs on 12 v dc?? do i need a different switch? will just a regular 12v switch work?

thanks

cheese

I WAS PUMPing gas out of my station the other day to use the lawn mower, and the pump just stopped. i was able to get it working again by flicking the emergency switch next the the nozzle housing off and on while i was pumping.

this led me to think that the emergency shutoff switch was bad, so i pulled it. this confused me even more, because the switch a c1500aa, is rated for 250 v ac fir a 1hp pump @ 10 amps and 125 v ac for a 1/2 hp pump

how is this possible when the pump system runs on 12 v dc?? do i need a different switch? will just a regular 12v switch work?

thanks

cheese

All the swith is, it's a dry set of contacts. The rating is how many amp can flow thru it. It probably has to be explosion proof switch being that is near the fuel station.

Edited by JoeDuner

All the swith is, it's a dry set of contacts. The rating is how many amp can flow thru it. It probably has to be explosion proof switch being that is near the fuel station.

thanks JD... i went down to the local rv shop, th guy hooked me up with another switch just like it. the fuel station comes on all the time now

effen cool

im glad that was the problem, cause i wasnt gonna do a sail switch ma facka special :censored:

:beercheers:

:kitty: wet :booty: fat im a dog chasin cat

:black: