damn good anti-off-road azzhat letter to paper

Richard Cheese

http://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/letters/story/679143.html

this letter was in reply to this article about 50 people caught getting ready to ride on private property without permission

As a responsible member of the off-road community, it pains me to see such articles like "Second chances over for riders," appear in the local media.

A good portion of the off-road community puts together programs like riding area cleanups and form groups such as Friends of Oceano Dunes, American Sand Association, and Off-Road Business Association. We also dedicate websites for our sports like GlamisDunes.com, DumontDuneRiders.com :ogp: and Kamprats.com to identify and form methods to combat problems, such as trespassing and riding out of bounds.

The people who ride out of bounds, or on private property without permission, not only nullify much of the positive work that's done, but also leave the entire off-road community with a black eye within conservation groups like the Sierra Club and Center for Biological Diversity.

We responsible riders wonder why these conservation groups want to shut down our riding areas. It's because of people like these rule breakers, who fail to recognize and observe the rules and laws that govern our sport.

How am I going to be able to hand down my favorite pastime to my children when the actions of people like these rule breakers continually give us bad press, which results in more closures in our areas of riding opportunities?

JASON ANDREWS

Bakersfield

Edited by richard cheese

its funny how. none of the anti offroad groups can figure out. that if you take away riding area these things result. they remend me of prohabitonsts of the 1930s. make outlaws out of normaly decent people. :?:

Edited by barefoot bob

its funny how. none of the anti offroad groups can figure out. that if you take away riding area these things result. they remend me of prohabitonsts of the 1930s. make outlaws out of normaly decent people. :?:

of they know this Bob. thats why they do it...makes us self-emplode....still doesnt make it right to ride on private property without consent...especially when youve been warned multiple times, AND there are maps available that show the riding boundaries

of they know this Bob. thats why they do it...makes us self-emplode....still doesnt make it right to ride on private property without consent...especially when youve been warned multiple times, AND there are maps available that show the riding boundaries

Who's Jason Andrews. :flipoff:

And a mention of Kamprats. :yiah: