Exhaust Exits

kofire

Hey guys I am going to be upgrading to a 4" straight pipe in the near future. I am just looking for some ideas on where to make my exhaust exit? I like the look of the RBP tips so I will most likely go with that I am just not sure where to stick it!! My old chevy had it in front of the rear tire, it looked pretty good but it was a small tip so it is not a fair comparison. What have you all done with em? under the bed? out to the side? Pics would really help, Thanks!!! :thumb:

do you have a lift? sometimes the lift components make it tough to route the exaust the way it was stock.

I have seen a lot of lifted trucks with the way you explained it before the rear tire.

i personally like the exhaust exiting behind the vehicle with the tip out past the bumper so you dont get soot on it...but that is just me

if you want to go in front of the rear tire, just be sure its pointing down a tad, as to not get soot on anything

Yeah it will help me resist smoking out ricers, convertibles, and groups of prop 8'ers standing at the corner which I am guilty of. :thumb:

i personally like the exhaust exiting behind the vehicle with the tip out past the bumper so you dont get soot on it...but that is just me

^^ Same here.

The straight pipe i put on was a few inches shorter then the muffler so i put a tip on to get it closer to where it originally was. No programmer so i dont have to worry about soot ... :(

If your going to have it exit in front of the rear tire be prepared for drone... :thumb:

4" < 5" tip

extip.jpg

Edited by otis

• 2 weeks later...