broke down jan 10th thank you for the help

sportco8

I was at Dumont yesterday and we broke down about 1:30 pm in a bowl with our 4 seater buggy (broken axle) and I was able to flag down a couple of 2 seater buggy's and hitched a ride back but that meant leaving 3 of my kids (15, 12,10) sitting in the buggy till I made it back which really sucked. So we went back to camp and grabbed the 2 straps we had, a truck (lifted dodge diesel on 37s) and a couple quads just for easy access in and out of the dunes just in case. When we got back to the kids a couple of buggys were sitting there with the kids and offered to help if they could. We came up with the plan to get the truck as close as we could which was way up the side of the dune, and run straps to the buggy but we didnt have near enough strap, so they jammed back to their camp and came back with plenty of strap. Once everything was pointing downhill we were able to get out easily.

So that is the story..... but the reason for the thread is because in all the hustle and hurry I don't feel I gave enough thanks to the guys that helped. Hopefully all 4 of the buggies that helped yesterday are on here and will be able to know we REALLY appreciated the help.

The first 2 buggies we flagged down for the ride back to camp, 1 red and 1 blue but both looked like motorcyle powered cars. Thanks for the ride.

The second 2 buggies that stuck around with the kids and went to get straps. Thank you guys, it would have been alot worse if we didnt have those straps.

Dumont folks are always awesome people. We always stop and check on people also so It sucks we were the ones in need this time but thankfully we had some good people out there willing to lend a hand.

We live in Henderson and I know the second two guys were from the Vegas area but didnt ask the first two( and I can't believe I didnt get anybodys name) but If you guys need anything or even just a case of beer I would like to return the favor.

I will post pictures when the wife e-mails them to me.

Brian Huff

I was at Dumont yesterday and we broke down about 1:30 pm in a bowl with our 4 seater buggy (broken axle) and I was able to flag down a couple of 2 seater buggy's and hitched a ride back but that meant leaving 3 of my kids (15, 12,10) sitting in the buggy till I made it back which really sucked. So we went back to camp and grabbed the 2 straps we had, a truck (lifted dodge diesel on 37s) and a couple quads just for easy access in and out of the dunes just in case. When we got back to the kids a couple of buggys were sitting there with the kids and offered to help if they could. We came up with the plan to get the truck as close as we could which was way up the side of the dune, and run straps to the buggy but we didnt have near enough strap, so they jammed back to their camp and came back with plenty of strap. Once everything was pointing downhill we were able to get out easily.

So that is the story..... but the reason for the thread is because in all the hustle and hurry I don't feel I gave enough thanks to the guys that helped. Hopefully all 4 of the buggies that helped yesterday are on here and will be able to know we REALLY appreciated the help.

The first 2 buggies we flagged down for the ride back to camp, 1 red and 1 blue but both looked like motorcyle powered cars. Thanks for the ride.

The second 2 buggies that stuck around with the kids and went to get straps. Thank you guys, it would have been alot worse if we didnt have those straps.

Dumont folks are always awesome people. We always stop and check on people also so It sucks we were the ones in need this time but thankfully we had some good people out there willing to lend a hand.

We live in Henderson and I know the second two guys were from the Vegas area but didnt ask the first two( and I can't believe I didnt get anybodys name) but If you guys need anything or even just a case of beer I would like to return the favor.

I will post pictures when the wife e-mails them to me.

Brian Huff

Im Glad we could at least give you a ride to your camp. I was in the red buggy and my buddy was in the blue buggy. Ya they are motorcycle powered buggies so couldnt help with a pull out of that huge hole you were in. Wish we could have offered more assistance but my buddy said you had a big truck and a few guys to help you out of that situation. Did have a few straps we could of lent if I would have thought about that but I was glad to see you guys goin by with the buggy on the rope behind you. Im glad we were out there cause we stopped just before that and was talking about how there wasnt a single person in the dunes and that was like the worst spot to break down. Lol anyway glad to see you made it out see ya in the dunes next time.