March of Dimes walk for babies

figzchic

Rockinfigz and I had a daughter that was born prematurely last May due to complications with my pregnancy. She was 2 lbs 5 oz and 13 3/4 in. She spent the 1st 62 days of her life living in the NICU. She is now 9 months (6 months corrected) and is doing well. So far we haven't seen any developmental delays but we won't know how all of this has really affected her until she is older. She is healthy and on the small side and overall, is doing awesome. She's even already been out to the Dunes once so far at the beginning of the year and she LOVES it.

Needless to say...I started a team for her for the March of Dimes walk for babies. If anyone lives is in the Los Angeles area, we will be walking in Simi Valley on May 15th. There is also a walk in Exposition Park on April 24th if anyone is interested.

Since having gone through this experience, I feel that I need to spread awareness and be a voice for the little ones in our lives. Initially I felt helpless as it was extremely DIFFICULT to have to watch her fight so hard so early in life but making the decision to support the cause that allowed her the chance to survive was EASY.

Please consider supporting the March of Dimes. If you would like to join our team or make a donation to support the cause, please visit www.marchforbabies.org/team/giannamegan

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this. Please copy/paste and spread the word if you can. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: figzchic@yahoo.com

Thanks again

For those of you in Vegas :)

April 24, 2010

University of Nevada Las Vegas

Tropicana and Swenson

North Field

Walk Distance: 3 miles

Registration Time: 7:00AM

Start Time: 9:00 AM

Chapter: Southern Nevada Division

Phone #: 7027329255

Edited by figzchic