2003 chevy tahoe help/ advice

goodguys75

my wifes purse was stolen at her work, and of course she had her keys in it...now im afraid someone will come back and steel the tahoe. what would be the best thing to do? I figure going to dealer and getting locks re-keyed and ignition and get new remotes......any ideas.....????? thanks so much :sleeping:

Put on a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and park the tahoe on the street and get a good look out point where yo can suprise them bastards.

When they show up pop out of the bushes with your piece and let the led fly, someone will get the message not to mess with "Goodguys"!! JK a litle bit

The new locks will cost some coin, maybe gap insurance just incase they do steal it you can get the total dollar amount it's worth.

I always like to leave the stereo on load as sh*t so when thay start that beast the radio will scare the crap out of them...

Goodluck on whatever you decide

Put on a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and park the tahoe on the street and get a good look out point where yo can suprise them bastards.

When they show up pop out of the bushes with your piece and let the led fly, someone will get the message not to mess with "Goodguys"!! JK a litle bit

The new locks will cost some coin, maybe gap insurance just incase they do steal it you can get the total dollar amount it's worth.

I always like to leave the stereo on load as sh*t so when thay start that beast the radio will scare the crap out of them...

Goodluck on whatever you decide

its paid for...so no need for gap....thats why im worried, dont want to buy a new vehicle

An 03 tahoe is about the easiest thing in the world to steal as it is. I doubt they need the key. Even the door lock is useless. I can take your tahoe with nothing more then a flat blade screw driver in about 60 seconds.

Dont waste your money on re keying. If anything go buy rear door handles and replace the fronts with no key hole. While they are out, disconnect the lock rod on the front doors.

Then interrupt the fuel pump circuit . You can interrupt positive or negative. I ussually do positive switch interrupts but you can get fancy with some negatives.

Its ussually the purple wire....I think ....a multi meter probe finds it quickly anyhow.

You could also interrupt the crank sensor, pretty easy...but thats risky since if something goes wrong your pretty stuck. Fuel pump iterrupts can ussually be bipased pretty easy, but thieves dont ussaully have the time or take the time, cause there are so many easy victims.

Edited by 1320