Trails

madracing

There really are no open trails in the general Dumont area except the Sperry wash trail which is 5.3 miles long and legally ends at the old mine. If you choose to go down or alongside the paved county road you leave yourself open to citations. Also if you travel down the dirt road to the date ranch you face the same issue. The owner of the date ranch is an anti OHV business and only takes your money to use it against you and the access we have left. There is a nice traik/road all around the big dunes that is fun although not that challenging by any means. You can also ride along the Salt lick mounains (outside the barrier notices) to the old mine out at the little dunes. If you have kids or like history this is a great ride then walk up to the mines. There is a lot of history there from old military & settlers/miners and indian fights to Charlie Manson and his girls hiding out there. There is good signage and old buildings and the mine shafts are safe and closed but you can really see what it must have been like back in the day.

To get back to China Ranch I would polietly ask that you boycott that business, It is a sham for eco terroists and their blind flock.

Terry

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1